Author Topic: The LOST Season 5 Thread  (Read 26991 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
LOST Season 5 News & Discussion
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2009, 06:17:45 pm »
so yea, jin\'s alive and hanging out with the french people in the 80\'s. :banjump:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2009, 09:54:51 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;218972
my .02 on last night...

lame episode overall- some good stuff to build on from the last 5 mins

too much cheesy drama build up, not enough mind-fuck confusion

yer crazy!!! just watched the episode...another awesome one. ben has assembled most of the six at the departure point. sun is there and looking to kill him. there can\'t be more than 50 hours before their window closes (no idea what that means yet). locke wants to get to the orchid to die/get off the island. there\'s a mysterious group paddling after the time-skippers and trying to kill them (and may have killed the other skippers [rose, bernard, etc.(?)]). miles and juliet both start developing the time sickness...have they been there longer than they know? what\'s gonna happen with the frenchies? why is the automated voice from their radio reciting "the numbers?"

the name on the side of ben and sayid\'s van is \'canton rainier\'...an anagram for REINCARNATION...what is the significance of that???

huge episode...another winner...can\'t wait for next week.

maybe i\'ll skip ahead to next wednesday and watch it...
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2009, 10:24:29 pm »
dude, the french people... don\'t you remember season 1? That\'s the french chick that was the still pregnant mother of "bens daughter". Remember she was french and her party crashed there and she was the only one to survive, they heard the numbers but couldn\'t do anything with them... and the daughter was only like 16, and season one was suppose to be 03/04, so that means that the time jin is in has to be like... 1987?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2009, 10:25:10 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;219006
my .02 on last night...

yer crazy!!! just watched the episode...another awesome one. ben has assembled most of the six at the departure point. sun is there and looking to kill him. there can\'t be more than 50 hours before their window closes (no idea what that means yet). locke wants to get to the orchid to die/get off the island. there\'s a mysterious group paddling after the time-skippers and trying to kill them (and may have killed the other skippers [rose, bernard, etc.(?)]). miles and juliet both start developing the time sickness...have they been there longer than they know? what\'s gonna happen with the frenchies? why is the automated voice from their radio reciting "the numbers?"

the name on the side of ben and sayid\'s van is \'canton rainier\'...an anagram for REINCARNATION...what is the significance of that???

AWESOME point out with the anagram; I totally missed that one, nice work! The paddlers after the time skippers were from back in time when Danielle Rousseau\'s (pregnant with Alex, how did she know Ben??) crew got lost onto the island. I just knew Jin was still alive!!!!

These epies are too short...
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2009, 11:04:51 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;219010
dude, the french people... don\'t you remember season 1? That\'s the french chick that was the still pregnant mother of "bens daughter". Remember she was french and her party crashed there and she was the only one to survive, they heard the numbers but couldn\'t do anything with them... and the daughter was only like 16, and season one was suppose to be 03/04, so that means that the time jin is in has to be like... 1987?

1988. and i know who the frenchies are...i\'m just curious about the "sickness" they get. and why/how they all get killed. i don\'t remember any sort of weird reaction when danielle met jin in 2004 (did she ever encounter him?). i think that was a great twist...loving every second of this season

Quote from: inthewhitelodge;219011
AWESOME point out with the anagram; I totally missed that one, nice work! The paddlers after the time skippers were from back in time when Danielle Rousseau\'s (pregnant with Alex, how did she know Ben??) crew got lost onto the island. I just knew Jin was still alive!!!!

i wish i could have figued it out myself. i knew just looking at it that it was an anagram for something...tried myself and thought it might be "aaron...something". got lazy and looked on lostpedia.  their anagrams have certain been significant before ie "hoffs/drawler" = "flash forward"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:04:51 pm by zuke583 »

peaches626

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2009, 01:24:34 am »
didn\'t jin go with desmond/hurley/charlie into the woods to see rousseau?
taints rule, gypsies drool!

misticglass

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2009, 08:42:44 am »
WHO IS HOTTER KATE OR CLAIRE? I say Claire

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2009, 09:00:35 am »
Quote from: misticglass;219036
WHO IS HOTTER KATE OR CLAIRE? [-]I say Claire[/-]

Quote from: zuke583;217825

Quote from: jking;218975

:drool:

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2009, 09:02:26 am »
Quote from: misticglass;219036
WHO IS HOTTER KATE OR CLAIRE? I say Claire

how about kate with claire\'s accent? now that\'s an alternate reality i\'d like to explore

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2009, 10:19:47 am »
zuke, I like your thinking. Also, she needs glasses. rotfl

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2009, 10:36:27 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;219059
zuke, I like your thinking. Also, she needs glasses. rotfl

hell yeah

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2009, 10:38:19 am »
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;219011
Quote from: zuke583;219006
my .02 on last night...

The people chasing them in the raft were not from the \'80s.  When Sawyer, Juliette, and the crew showed up on the beach the camp was there.  The camp didn\'t exist until 2004.  There was a time flash, then they cut to Jin with Frogs
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2009, 11:03:32 am »
I think when we see jin with the frogs is the very first time flash so it\'s the same place as we were at the begining of the season premiere this year when they went to find a man made object and sawyer was whining about not having a shirt

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2009, 11:52:55 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;219065
I think when we see jin with the frogs is the very first time flash so it\'s the same place as we were at the begining of the season premiere this year when they went to find a man made object and sawyer was whining about not having a shirt

Didn\'t they find the blown up hatch though?  Wouldn\'t that mean it was 2004?  I think the Frogs and young Danielle showed up in the \'80s
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2009, 09:49:02 pm »
edit; I had a question of how the episode ended because tivo cut out early on me, but alli answered.

I thought this was an awesome episode. so much happened this week. still feels like it\'s dragging a little this year though.