Author Topic: The LOST Season 5 Thread  (Read 26804 times)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
LOST Season 5 News & Discussion
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2009, 09:13:32 pm »
the most recent three episodes are on right now. all enhanced. second episode just started
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

peaches626

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 01:47:01 am »
fudge. just got home from work. hope the roomies dvr\'d that shiz.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 07:33:49 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;216577
my friend said there\'s a recap of last year on tonight. One week til the new season! :banjump:

wooooooot !!!! im so excited to see this season! i think we\'ve concluded that it needs to be watched in a group though -- watching the premiere last year @ daniel st. before the GTB show was up there with the most fun i\'ve ever had watching LOST....

...who is down for boozin>LOST>Bar with me??
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2009, 05:28:31 am »
Quote from: pricesscaspian
...who is down for boozin>LOST>Bar with me??

:wave: one of the hardest things I had to deal with last year and will again now is that my friend at work is a huge lost fan, but she tapes it and watches it thursday with her husband as he works wednesday night, so every thursday morning I\'m pulling my hair out wanting to discuss it but I can\'t. ah!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 10:21:13 am »
UCONN game > L O S T Premiere...an epic Wednesday indeed.

So, what\'s the deal with Christian and Jacob?  Are they one in the same?  Two different people? Rivals?  Allies?  

The last few seasons of Lost have lead me to believe that Christian is looking for some kind of redemption for his past deeds, but maybe he is just a bad dude?

Can\'t wait for tonite...

THe two episdoe titles are "Because you left" and "The Lie".  I hope they throw us a bone this week.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 10:24:46 am by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 10:48:00 am »
can\'t wait...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Todaysparkles

• The Breakfast Blondie
    • http://www.myspace.com/todaysparkles
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 10:49:24 am »
We\'re going to have to move the island. (in best Ben voice)

I find him ridiculously hilarious at points, though it\'s innapropriate.
I cannot contain myself, counting down the hours.
Seasons don't fear the reaper

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 11:55:10 am »
Quote from: NickNels;217202
UCONN win > L O S T Premiere...an epic Wednesday indeed.

fixed.

also, i feel like it\'s been forever since we\'ve seen any of the others/richard alpert. will they finally reach the temple? what\'s happening there?

what\'s the new method of storytelling (flashbacks>flashforwards>???)? my best guess is storylines devoted to the island\'s history/future

why the name "jeremy bentham" used? the actual bentham has a very interesting history, including preserving his dead body (it\'s still on display at university college london). also he designed the panopticon

why does that foot only have four toes??

i\'ve successfully hooked my girlfriend to LOST and it\'s very interesting seeing season 1 again. they must mention the word "others" at least 5 times an episode (when referring to the other survivors). it\'s hard to imagine it\'s only been 3 months since they hit the island. it seems as if many of the characters have changed quite a bit, but you can never be too sure. i forgot how reluctant jack was to lead, how big of a dick sawyer was, and how untrustworthy kate is.

i hope we learn a lot about walt in this season.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

NickNels

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 01:12:13 pm »
i completely forgot about Walt.  He seemed to be such an important character and have a lot of mystery surrounding him the first couple seasons...then he was barely mentioned after season 2.  I wonder what his role in all this is?

Season 5 Episode I:

Flashback# > Flashforward^

# unfinished
^ending only

Season 5 Epiosde II:

Flashforward* > Flashback#

* dyslexic completion of Episode I version
# completes Eppy 1 version
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 01:13:22 pm by NickNels »

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2009, 09:07:33 pm »
AH! Faridays\' working back in the 70\'s!!!! :wah:

My favorite character ever since he showed up last season.

Also, I\'m going to throw it out although I might be completely wrong, or this may be really obvious, but the dharma group is first trying to find out as much as they can about the natives on the island... What if the natives are just people from all over that got thrown way way back in time with one of the island shifts?

Also, what is it about desmond that makes him special?

NickNels

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2009, 04:28:08 pm »
Surprised we didn\'t get any L O S T discussion today with 2 great episodes yesterday.  There is much to discuss, but I want to offer up a theory on Desmond, who is unique according to Farraday.

Desmond\'s perception of the present is different than everyone else on the show. His present isn\'t necessarily 2004 or 2006 or 1996 or whatever. Each time he "jumps" he is experiencing that period of time for the first time, hence why he doesn\'t remember all past events in the future. For example when Farraday confronts him at the hatch, that is the first time he is experiencing that event in his mind. On a timeline, that should have happened before any of the losties ever even get to the island in the first place, but in Desmonds mind that event occurs after he is already rescued by Penny from the island.

Trippy...

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2009, 04:45:47 pm »
Yea, I\'m not sure where they\'re going with desmonds character yet, but I thought both of last nights episodes were fantastic. I loved the room that woman was in at the end of the 2nd episode where she was tracking the island.

it\'s driving me insane that like 3 people I work with tivo it and watch it on the weekends though... Thursdays suck now.

Todaysparkles

• The Breakfast Blondie
    • http://www.myspace.com/todaysparkles
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2009, 05:29:25 pm »
These episodes weren\'t heavy enough on the time travel for me.
Seasons don't fear the reaper

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2009, 09:16:19 pm »
Last night was great!!! I found it especially intriguing that the woman Ben consulted with toward the end (in the church with the time location pendulum thing) was the SAME lady from Desmond\'s first time disorientation way back- the old white one at the jewelry store who told him he couldn\'t change the past (when he wanted to propose to Penny and \'right\' his \'wrong\'-season 2 or 3?). That lady is a WATCHER!..weird correlations with Dr. Who...

I am excited that Locke saved the day. He seems like the martyr of the group even more. Everyone is looking kick-ass too.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 09:18:50 pm by inthewhitelodge »
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

peaches626

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2009, 02:04:46 am »
nice call, whitelodge, i couldn\'t remember where that lady was from!

and nicknels, interesting theory on desmond- that would explain all the blackouts he had when his character first started gettin introduced
taints rule, gypsies drool!