Author Topic: The LOST Season 5 Thread  (Read 28019 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
LOST Season 5 News & Discussion
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2009, 02:17:02 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;226952
what i want to know is who\'s behind the hanso foundation?

probably either that chick or that dude

i know that sounds slightly general but the chick who asked about the shadow of the statue to lapidus, and the dude who was asking miles the questions in the car.

but if they were to be working for someone, i would say..............

[spoiler]the jonas brothers![/spoiler]
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2009, 03:09:33 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;226953
Quote from: Jim Cobb;226952
what i want to know is who\'s behind the hanso foundation?

probably either that chick or that dude

i know that sounds slightly general but the chick who asked about the shadow of the statue to lapidus, and the dude who was asking miles the questions in the car.

but if they were to be working for someone, i would say..............

[spoiler]the jonas brothers![/spoiler]

no way.  the head honcho of the hanso foundation would not be out there doing their own dirty work.  that would be like charles whidmore hopping on the freighter and heading on down to the island in place of that lunatic captain.
Postcount +1.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2009, 03:46:43 pm »
so I just rewatched last night while having lunch and picked up something else. "we have to get some scientists from ann arbor."

Ann arbor - home of university of michigan
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (U-M or U of M) is a coeducational public research university in the US state of Michigan.

Both Karen DeGroot and Gerald DeGroot were doctoral candidates at the University when they established the DHARMA Initiative in 1970 with funding from the Hanso Foundation.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2009, 03:49:47 pm »
good catch!
Postcount +1.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2009, 12:43:55 pm »
finally saw the episode last night. good to see miles\' backstory. interesting that he\'s chang\'s son (although nicknels half-spoiled it for me with his predictions). the hurly/miles duo continues to entertain. nice episode, but nothing special...except for the star wars stuff, especially the ewok comment

i am, however, very excited for next week\'s episode which is titled [spoiler]"the variable."  the implications are huge with a title like that. the philosophy that "whatever happened, happened" suggests that a "variable" can\'t really exist since nothing can be changed. a variable does just that and i expect the course of the island and the series to hinge on this variable.[/spoiler]
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2009, 12:52:48 pm »
i expect "the variable" to be just as good as "the constant". definitely my most anticipated episode since i saw the title a few weeks ago.

Vassillios

« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2009, 01:30:43 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;227080
finally saw the episode last night. good to see miles\' backstory. interesting that he\'s chang\'s son (although nicknels half-spoiled it for me with his predictions). the hurly/miles duo continues to entertain. nice episode, but nothing special...except for the star wars stuff, especially the ewok comment

i am, however, very excited for next week\'s episode which is titled [spoiler]"the variable."  the implications are huge with a title like that. the philosophy that "whatever happened, happened" suggests that a "variable" can\'t really exist since nothing can be changed. a variable does just that and i expect the course of the island and the series to hinge on this variable.[/spoiler]

Quote from: davepeck;227082
i expect "the variable" to be just as good as "the constant". definitely my most anticipated episode since i saw the title a few weeks ago.

I\'m guessing Desmond to be the variable. If he is Faraday\'s "constant" then he must have a pretty big impact on this whole thing. And we did see Faraday return to the island, so I\'m just guessing that Desmond will somehow be involved with this episode.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2009, 10:03:44 pm »
F-you Eloise!!! Ah Desmond!, Ah humanity!

:(
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #218 on: April 30, 2009, 01:03:42 am »
well... i knew what was going to happen ahead of time, but nonetheless, i REALLY enjoyed this episode.  

i don\'t think a damn thing can be changed....
Postcount +1.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #219 on: April 30, 2009, 02:37:01 am »
this episode was certainly worth the week off in anticipation....

all of the flashback scenes were planned to the smallest detail, and executed perfectly....  i had totally forgotten that it was faraday crying when he saw the fake oceanic plane underwater... what season was that originally aired on?! season 2?  

soo..... if they *do* prevent this electromagnetic catastrophe, will that undo the whole penny/desmond relationship too? that\'d be awfully tragic, i love those two, they always make me cry !!
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2009, 07:42:17 am »
they won\'t prevent it.  dan didn\'t prevent his mother shooting him. and the purpose of his mother shooting him is probably to keep the incident from being prevented.
Postcount +1.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #221 on: April 30, 2009, 09:43:42 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian;228733
i had totally forgotten that it was faraday crying when he saw the fake oceanic plane underwater... what season was that originally aired on?! season 2?  

soo..... if they *do* prevent this electromagnetic catastrophe, will that undo the whole penny/desmond relationship too? that\'d be awfully tragic, i love those two, they always make me cry !!

completely forgot about that too. but that scene was after/as they introduced faraday wasn\'t it? season 4? the undoing of the future is something the writers are going to have to explain. i\'m still unsure that "whatever happened, happened." faraday seemed to change his mind, but i don\'t think that means anything. if they prevent the disaster, desmond will never have to "push the button"...but maybe it undoes whatever lead to whidmore did to make hims such a prick (probably not)...or maybe it undoes whidmore even having penny...so many variables

Quote from: Jim Cobb;228735
they won\'t prevent it.  dan didn\'t prevent his mother shooting him. and the purpose of his mother shooting him is probably to keep the incident from being prevented.

so no free will then? i think it\'s clear that this is heading towards jack/kate not preventing the disaster. there\'s just too much going on on the island for them to flash off (or whatever would happen).  they still need to deal with this impending "war." there\'s no way they\'re getting off the island any time soon.  but if they did prevent the disaster, what would happen? they end up "where they belong." where is that exactly? season finale\'s going to be a game-changer

by the way, the next episode is [spoiler]alpert-centric[/spoiler]!!!!!!
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Vassillios

« Reply #222 on: April 30, 2009, 11:17:54 am »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;228735

dan was the key variable. now that he\'s dead, the rest are not going to have a clue what to do.

whidmore and eloise sent dan back because they want to keep their present the same... very selfishly. unless it\'s for the best?

[spoiler]an alpert episode next week HAS to be sick. he is one character that we still don\'t know a whole lot about... except that he doesn\'t age and he seems like a pretty important guy.[/spoiler]

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #223 on: April 30, 2009, 11:35:24 am »
Quote from: Vassillios;228773
[spoiler]an alpert episode next week HAS to be sick. he is one character that we still don\'t know a whole lot about... except that he doesn\'t age and he seems like a pretty important guy.[/spoiler]

Watch it on the spoilers!

Yesterday was a great episode.  I went back and rewatched the Farraday explanation to Kate and Jack just to be sure I got everything.  The scene set up so casually and then Daniel drops that huge meatball.

I gotta believe that Daniel went into the others camp and got shot on purpose.  The way he approached the situation really left no other recourse than him being shot.  You don\'t just waltz into "the others" camp and threaten to shoot Richard and not expect reprocussions, especially considering that seems to be the opposite of his personality.  Maybe him getting shot is the first step in changing the course of events?  Maybe he dropped the knowledge bomb on Kate and Jack because they are best suited to handle the mission?
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2009, 12:11:37 pm »
just though, the orientation film expliaining how they have to hit the button to save the world had the dr in it, and he wouldn\'t have know to make the film saying that unless he had survived the incedent for long enough to make the video, so whatever daniel meant by getting the dr "to do what he\'s supposed to", it\'s not die in the explosion thing which is what I thought when watching it the first time.