Author Topic: The LOST Season 5 Thread  (Read 26966 times)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
The LOST Season 5 Thread
« on: July 29, 2008, 08:07:43 am »
(via PaulSmack from phantasybisco)

The yearly LOST discussion panel happened last weekend in San Diego at comic con. The show\'s exec producers Damon and Carlton ran the panel.

ARG: DHARMA Recruitment
- Hans Van Eegen, the head of recruitment for DHARMA, showed up and told everyone at CC that they sucked and couldn\'t find anyone except for 5 people who are able to move on to the next stage.
Then he plugged dharmawantsyou.com.

Questions and Answers:
When the hatch imploded at the end of season 2, did the Island travel then? The answer: No

The fate of Jin and Locke? Will we still see them? The answer: Jin will still be on the show in some capacity. We haven\'t seen the last of Locke. Both characters have a lot of story left to be told in their time lines. Death is a relative term in this show.

When is the show back? How many eps? The answer: Feb 2009, Feb 2010. 17 hrs per season.

Which ep/season is their favorite: Cuse: The Constant is his fav episode, Season 1 is his fav. Damon: S1 finale is his favorite episode. S4 is his favorite season.

Does the S4 artwork with the jungle reflecting into a city in the water have any extra meaning? Answer: no, it just refers to the O6 getting found.

Will there be a Rousseau flashback: Answer: Danielle\'s story will be told, "but it will not be a flashback." This is something new that they are steering toward for season 5, a new way of telling the story that isn\'t flash back or flash forward. There will still be flash back and flash forward.

How much does the rest of the writing staff know how the show will end? Answer: The writers don\'t know everything, but they know most of it.

Matthew Fox shows up

Will Kate see Sawyer again? Answer: Yes

What happened to Daniel Farraday\'s boat? Answer: No answer, they dodge it...

How far will you go into the future for flash forwards? Answer: S5 will start off with you trying to figure out when and where you are. But they will be telling stories via flash forward, flash back and in a new method. There will be on-island and off-island stories. No real answer to the guy\'s question though.

How did Daniel know about the seconday protocol. Answer: Daniel\'s notebook has all sorts of things from the past and the furture. His notebook will figure prominently in Season 5.

Do you ever write yourselves into a corner? Answer: No, not really.

How old is Richard Alpert? How many toes does he have? Answer: No answer on the age. Not 125 yrs old. We will see Richard barefoot in the very near future.

ARG content
One of the winners of the DHARMA contest comes back on-stage and shows the video he took while in level 2 of DHARMA\'s recruitment stage. It shows Marvin Candle with his real name discussing how he knows DHARMA will get purged and therfore he is sending the video 30 years in the future today so that DHARMA can be rebuilt. This is apparently what the ARG will be all about.

Here\'s the video of that: http://youtube.com/watch?v=72Tz8c9h2dE

here\'s that video:
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

peaches626

LOST Season 5 News & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 09:51:09 am »
you\'re such a LOST nerd Zuke...
taints rule, gypsies drool!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:53:46 am »
Quote from: peaches626;197374

watch the pilot episode and you\'ll be right here with me

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 10:50:01 am »
half of that should have spoiler alerts
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 11:28:34 am »
straight from the producers\' mouths = not a spoiler

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 11:34:11 am »
but i feel spoiled :pout:
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 11:16:08 am »

"Lost" is coming back, and sooner than you might think.

Sources say ABC is scheduling a two-hour premiere for the fifth season debut of the Emmy-winning thriller on Wednesday, Jan. 21. The premiere will be preceded by a one-hour clip show (so three hours of "Lost" total).

That means "Lost" is returning to its Wednesday-at-9 p.m. time period. The most recent fourth season aired on Thursdays -- first at 9 p.m., then shifting to 10 p.m. after "Grey\'s Anatomy" returned to air following the writers strike. The new premiere date is also slightly earlier than last season.

ABC has lined up 17 episodes for 2009, which is one hour more than the show\'s now-standard 16-episode tally. The network added an extra hour to compensate for last year, which was cut short due to the strike. Also, yesterday THR reported that Reiko Aylesworth is in negotiations for a major recurring role on the show.

The recently picked up "Private Practice" is currently in the same slot and there\'s no word yet where it will go once "Lost"returns.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 11:23:17 am »
how did the last season end? I can\'t remember (never a huge fan of the show, but have seen most of it)
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 12:12:42 pm »
Quote from: weekapaug19;211543
how did the last season end? I can\'t remember (never a huge fan of the show, but have seen most of it)

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 12:21:18 pm »
wow...talk about alot of info on that site
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 01:49:47 pm »
nice, i thought it was starting in feb. happy to see its hitting the boob tube earlier than expected..
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 02:09:57 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;197375

That\'s what you told our other friend, who got through 8 or 9 episodes and said he couldn\'t watch anymore...it was too stupid.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 03:12:07 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;211571
Quote from: zuke583;197375

That\'s what you told our other friend, who got through 8 or 9 episodes and said he couldn\'t watch anymore...it was too stupid.

yeah but i was able to get peaches on the \'arrested development\' train...i\'m sure he\'d get into LOST. vindheim doesn\'t count...

peaches626

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 05:11:20 pm »
note- Peaches did get into lost and is completely up to date.

I think having the lead man from Radiohead play Benjamin Linus was a great move, fwiw..
taints rule, gypsies drool!