Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-11-07 - Bear and Grill; Fairfield, CT  (Read 15850 times)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
Setlist: 2008-11-07 - Bear and Grill; Fairfield, CT
« on: November 08, 2008, 03:12:39 am »
I: jam > May Fly Disarray, Puppetry, Keyboard solo > The Chase, Doughboy, You Enjoy Myself* > Son Of Simpleton

I: jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot, See The Light**, Hush, Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)

E: The Vermont Song^

Show was with Jordan Giangreco on keyboards

* with \'Hail to the Chief\' (James Sanderson) teases and no vocal jam
** with \'Runaway Jim\' (Phish) tease
^ with Jordan on harmonica
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 11:49:10 am by ChrisPitch »

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 03:22:18 am »
Siiiiiick show!
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 06:16:23 am »
best jam of night = mayfly, ep 2 close 2nd.  yem was flawless and gorgeous.  b fam pwns
*Gia*

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 06:18:03 am »
Looks like an epic show! And with Jordan taboot? Son of a bitch!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

psychjosh

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 06:43:13 am »
Unreal! Great show! Mayfly was a top 3 version for sure. STL seemed like it went on for 30 minutes and was fucking glorious.
Some vocals were a little pitchy at times but that was I think to be expected. All the jams owned and owned hard!

Great to see everyone and great to have Jordan back even it\'s just a show or 2.  Brought back some great memories and reminded me that Sequoias organ chops have never been filled!
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 08:58:15 am »
Please tell me that this was recorded... Please...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

GLuft3

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 08:59:46 am »
Fitzie and Ken were both there capturing the bits and bytes.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 09:24:18 am »
A couple of setlist notes:

- "No Quarter" tease in May Fly by Jordan
- There was definitely a tease (that I couldn\'t place) in the keyboard solo preceding The Chase, I\'m sure somebody will get it from the recording
- Jordan on harmonica for VT Song

What a fantastic show! jam > May Fly might be my favorite opener, and last night proved why. It really set the tone for the rest of the night. I was a little disappointed to hear Tim sing the lead on May Fly, but was definitely appeased when Jordan started to belt out Puppetry. I\'m pretty sure everybody knew that The Chase was coming at some point last night, but it was still a top notch jam. Doughboy has never really stopped being "Jordan\'s song", and the crowd responded with the biggest reaction of the night. YEM was first for me live, and it was flawless- as was the jam into Son of Simpleton with Tim and Jordan trading riffs.

Taboo was a good call as a second set opener- a great way to get people back into the groove after setbreak. I don\'t like to throw around the term "best ever", but See the Light was definitely different than any other version I\'ve heard, in a very good way. You can add Hush to list of covers that the Breakfast plays better than the original*, Chris was laying down some great beats throughout. There\'s nothing to be said about Mooboo\'s that you haven\'t already assumed to be true: The crowd went nuts and the band rocked the fuck out. Say what you will about The Vermont Song, it certainly isn\'t going to be mistaken for a song off of The Yes Album in terms of composition, but I don\'t think anybody in attendance had a problem with it. Great jamming with Tim going nuts and Chris nailing a great bass solo.

One of two things has happened: Either Jordan got even better since leaving The Breakfast or I forgot how good he is. He was definitely a reminder to me, after hearing some recent Breakfast + Stoops and Breakfast Trio, that the band needs a full-time keyboardist. The obvious call would be to deem Jordan the MVP of the show, but, emotions aside, it really was a solid full-band effort. I know I\'ve missed some epics this year, but last night and 8/30 are my frontrunners for favorite show of the year.

* I realize that Deep Purple is not the original artist on "Hush", but at this point it\'s really only a cover for them in the sense that "Respect" is a cover for Aretha Franklin.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Nermel9

• the nice girl
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 10:42:15 am »
What an amazing, emotional show!  Seeing Jordan play with them again and sing his songs was unreal, something I never thought would happen after he left.  Doughboy and See the Light were fantastic, I definitely felt myself getting a little teary during those songs.  It probably won\'t happen, but I\'m really hoping Jordan will play with them again! :)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 11:01:05 am »
now THATS a breakfast setlist...really wish i could have seen it.  very refreshing to see a setlist like this, nice change of pace from the somewhat redundant recent shows
DS Newbers

thatguy

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 11:04:00 am »
i had so much fun playin with jorden last night,cant wait to do it again!!!!

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 11:07:12 am »
Quote from: thatguy;210287
i had so much fun playin with jorden last night,cant wait to do it again!!!!

I certainly hope this happens again and real soon.  Like Daniel St soon. *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

thatguy

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 11:09:34 am »
the kid sounded so GOOD.he\'s been practicing or something.

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 11:58:01 am »
what time did this start? I saw Jordan in Hartford around 8...

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 12:14:10 pm »
SEQUOOOOOIIIIIAAAAAA!!!  nice seein him tear it up and playing his ass off.. Doughboy, Puppetry, Mayfly...all sick as hell. Oh and See the Light did take off to another world. Goosebumps did hit me a few times thinking of the time thats passed and all the shows and what not. Adrian, you did look like you were definatley enjoyin it last nite with the smiling and watchin Jordan get nasty
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..