Author Topic: 2008-09 Men\'s College Basketball Thread  (Read 15570 times)

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
2008-09 Men\'s College Basketball Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2009, 11:25:13 am »
Sweet 16 games= Thurs, Fri
Elite 8 games= Sat, Sun
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2009, 11:38:02 am »
Thanks for the clarification.  Looking on ESPN, it only has the Sweet 16 games scheduled.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2009, 11:59:29 am »
cuse is looking good, and siena gave L-ville one hell of a match...siena should have taken it.
DS Newbers

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2009, 12:12:24 pm »
I filled out several different brackets, but the few that I am still alive in I have a decent chance as long as my horses come through.

UCONN, Gonzaga...and Duke (ugh)

OVerall great performances from the Big East schools.  Syracuse and UCONN especially have looked dominant so far.  It was too bad to see Marquette go out the way they did.  5 seconds left and stepping on the endline while inbounding the ball is a lousy way to lose that game.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2009, 02:00:16 pm »
Basics...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2009, 02:30:37 pm »
i got tickets to the double header in boston thursday night...anyone else going?
DS Newbers

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2009, 02:36:44 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;223815
It was too bad to see Marquette go out the way they did.  5 seconds left and stepping on the endline while inbounding the ball is a lousy way to lose that game.

Heads-up call, though. I\'d rather see 10 games end on a correct call like that than one game end on a bad call of something small like that.

Much respect to Arizona, by the way. A team that probably didn\'t belong in the tournament at all goes out and advances to a Regional Semifinal. Sure, that doesn\'t stop Saint Mary\'s from thinking they got screwed, but at least the tournament committee regained some credibility.

When the nets are cut down, the story of the tournament will be Sam Young, the most underrated 18.9 ppg scorer in Division I. Young, A.J. Prince and (healthy) Ty Lawson are the three players remaining in the tournament that can win a game by themselves.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2009, 09:14:19 am »
UConn and Mizzou looked real good last night.

Pitt won ugly again, but keeps winning.

Nova- wow!  Bye bye Dookies.

good luck with the Zags tonight Nick

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2009, 09:17:32 am »
Yeah - Nova fucked me up my brackets bad last night... Fuck those phili bastards...

NickNels

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2009, 09:20:37 am »
Quote from: wildcoyote;224365
UConn and Mizzou looked real good last night.

Pitt won ugly again, but keeps winning.

Nova- wow!  Bye bye Dookies.

good luck with the Zags tonight Nick

It\'s all I got left.  I did terrible in that pick \'em pool.  I think i\'m down like $65.

Def. need a serious run here.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2009, 10:32:48 am »
I\'m currently in second in my pool, but I had Memphis in the title game (losing to Pittsburgh). I know the guy ahead of me had Connecticut going all the way, so I can probably still win if the rest of my bracket pans out and Missouri plays some defense for me tomorrow night.

An all-Big East Final Four would be crazy. Pittsburgh/Villanova will definitely take one spot. Connecticut and Louisville both have a good shot. The big upset would have to be Syracuse over Oklahoma and then (presumably) North Carolina.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2009, 11:11:53 am »
Quote from: Yoda;224366
Yeah - Nova fucked me up my brackets bad last night... Fuck those phili bastards...

Nova screwed up my brackets too.  My fiancee and i have brackets against each other on CBS Sports... However, I\'m still beating him.  But its so close.  and it pisses me off cause he knows nothing about college basketball.  he just randomly guessed.

NickNels

« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2009, 11:24:39 am »
If Calhoun retires does Geno Auriema take over the men\'s program?

I never thought about it until now, but I guess it makes sense.  I personally would be fine with it.  He would have to adapt his coaching strategy, but he already does that from year to year with the women\'s team depending on the talent.

My only concern would be iin regards to recruiting.  Can he continue to bring in the top tier talent like Calhoun has?

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2009, 11:49:41 am »
Quote from: NickNels;225796

I never thought about it until now, but I guess it makes sense.  I personally would be fine with it.  He would have to adapt his coaching strategy, but he already does that from year to year with the women\'s team depending on the talent.

My only concern would be iin regards to recruiting.  Can he continue to bring in the top tier talent like Calhoun has?

What makes you think Auriema would have any interest in coaching the men? He makes almost as much as Calhoun now, w/o half the pressure and stress.  He\'s a big fish in a small pond, which is a great gig if you can get it.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2009, 12:07:41 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;225796

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

terrible idea. that\'s like saying that i\'m good at playing madden \'09 so i could coach in the nfl. totally different worlds. you never though about it before because it\'s an awful idea. really really terrible idea. if this happens i will not watch uconn play until they fire him, which would take about 2 seasons
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor