Author Topic: Was anyone else discusted by Bush\'s State of the Union Address Last Night?  (Read 54831 times)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
The ONE and ONLY PBFans Political Pissing Contest Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2004, 02:29:19 pm »
Gray, I\'m sorry bud but you have to learn to think OUTSIDE of the box.  I\'m a year from becoming a practicing psychologist and homosexuality is caused by biological reasons.  I could go into detail but I have class in ten minutes.  Regardless Gray, gays are human beings too, just like you and me.  And do you want to know something, they LOVE the same stuff we do!!!!  Go to http://www.brianandrobert.org I think and you\'ll find tons of gay heads.  

Point is man, to each his own, we\'re all human beings and we all bleed red...

ALSO, for your personal benefit and from a psychological standpoint, people that are homophobic usually have a tendency to be questioning their own sexuality subconsciously......:)
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2004, 02:43:21 pm »
Hey Freddie If I am banned for my comments it will go a long way in proving my point. I do not think Tiedyetoga is an idiot who would be so closed minded as to ban me. That would be censorship and if he is the red-blooded American he professes to be he would be for free speech not against it.

I used to have the same ideals. I grew up in Orange County in the \'80\'s.THE MOST AFFLUENT CONSERVATIVE facist STRONGHOLD IN THIS COUNTRY @ the time. I was working @ the age of 14 w/ a work permit. I polled for facist candidates @ 16. I have seen what facist politics does. I have travelled outside the U.S. and have seen how the rest of the world thinks of us. Overall they do not like us. They put up w/ us because of our $$$ and power. I entered the USN to fulfill what I saw as my Duty to my country. If I was willing to reap the benefits of freedom in this country, I should be willing to serve my country. So I cut my hippie hair and joined. Then a year later we\'re @ war. So having served and seen our Government @ work, I feel I have a right to dissent and inform. If Tiedyetoga wants to live the fairytale that the U.S. in good hands and we should be the World Police fine. Let him. I will spend my time trying to inform others who are more open to questioning their surroundings.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

tiedyetoga

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2004, 03:43:19 pm »
Originally posted by kindm\'s
They have kids and are a family should they be denied the same protections under the law ? do they deserve to get the same treatment as anyone else who decides to spend their lives together. YES

Don\'t ask Don\'t tell is a military policy. It is not the law of the land.

Supporting our troops has nothing to do with supporting this president. If you really support our troops you would be trying to get them home. They were sent to Iraq to die under false pretences of an immediate threat of WMD. How many who died there believed they were doing the right thing ? How many have died in vain ? How many have died because of this lie we call Iraq. You can spin it all you want. This Presient lied to the American People in order for us to back a War in Iraq.

Also you are so hung up on the President visiting WTC after 9/11.  Big deal. Why don\'t you ask this president that you love so much why him and the Bush family have been in business with the Bin Laden family for years ? Why not ask him why on 9/12, and 9/13 of 2001 when no americans were allowed to fly all plans grounded, was an airliner allowed to fly to multiple citys in the USA and pick up the Bin Laden Family and fly them out of the country ? Not once ever being questiond by any US official ?

So why he was at WTC making you feel better all of this other stuff was happening. Why don\'t you ask your beloved president that. Or why you ar at it why not ask him why he USED the deaths of all of those people and your friends to justify a WAR that he and his cronies were planning as soon as he took office. They wanted a way to go to Iraq! Hell, Paul O\'neill a former member of the CABINET said the guys a moron and that they were planning this since day 1. He even offers white house memos/documents to back it up.

Senator Joseph Biden said this week that GWB is for lack of a better term a Puppet. It is really Dick Cheney who is running things. It is Dick Cheney who the president takes his ques from and it is his opinion that the President values over all others.

And one last thing. It is easy to sit on the sidelines and say that a soliders death is a good one if it is to fight terrorism. You say that Military life wasn\'t for you that you were talked out of it. I wonder what arguments made you not do it ? Was it the idea of dying for someone else\'s ideals, was it having to take orders ? or was it that mommy and daddy had enough $$$$ that you didn\'t need it to afford college.

Don\'t ask don\'t tell should be a law. To sum up all your views, you are out of touch with reality.

As far as Cheney running things, Bush Jr.\'s Cabnit is pretty much the same as his Dad\'s. Its a wartime cabint. That should speak for itself.

I never said that a Soliders death is a good one. You said that, DO NOT put words in my mouth. More then 60% of the people at my job are ex-Military and they said a few things. Keep in mind, 99% of them voted for Bush and stand with him.

Ok, The whole Mommy and Daddy thing is so far from the truth. I have lived on my own for over 3 years NOW! Mommy and Daddy don\'t pay a penny. I have worked very hard in my life and I can afford some nice things. I support myself. Also I never went to College.

tiedyetoga

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2004, 03:46:09 pm »
Originally posted by leith
This statement proves what i thought. You are full of hot air AND you\'re a hoo haa. Talked out of joining. You make me laugh. You TALK a good game but you\'ll never back it up. You\'re right the Military is not for you. THEY NEED REAL MEN AND WOMEN."My co.makes weapons..." What a joke you\'re really helping our troops. NO! you\'re helping that murdering jackel Bush. Lost touch w/ Reality? that\'s you man not me. It is becoming obvious that you have been a sheltered little boy taught by good facists. Never had a day where you wondered where you would sleep or eat. Nice life. No wonder you have no grip on reality.

Full of Hot Air, no. You have no clue what I have been through in my life. Only if you knew. I don\'t know why everyone gets the impression that I have been taking care of my whole life and have not expericenced anything. Before you state facts, you need to know me. People who work hard, can make anything happen.

tiedyetoga

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2004, 03:47:25 pm »
Also Leith, the Media is very Liberal. So don\'t say that I\'m brainwashed by the TV. You should know that, be a good liberal and turn on CNN.

leith

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2004, 04:51:06 pm »
You are right on one thing. Bush\'s cabniet being a wartime cabniet does speak for itself. It says volumes about how Bush planned to start shit from the start of his Term. Do you not see this? BTW there is a reason alot of people that you work with are ex-military. It is that military-industrial complex that Eisenhower warned against. It is one of the most corrupt ways this country gets things done. Talk about the rich taking care of the rich.

Oh and congrats on living on your own for 3 whole years.

I would wish you peace and happiness but it seems Peace is not something you are interested in and u seem happy enough with the state of our country so why bother.

tiedyetoga

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2004, 05:28:03 pm »
Lets end this on a high note, you have your views and I have mine. We may not agree with each other. After all, thats what a good debate is for.

leith

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2004, 05:38:43 pm »
If I knew the smiley for shaking hands. You would see it. Hope you made it through this little debate fairly unruffled. Just be prepared my friend to run into many folks that share my views in the scene. Not saying we are right or wrong but dude realize most of the scene we have now was brought about by many of our parents questioning the authority of their time. Just try and realize many "liberals" love this country just as much as u do and are unafraid to voice dissent. Peace.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2004, 05:47:46 pm »
I don\'t know how this can end on a high note.

There was no debate. People brought up valid points and you simply dismissed them as being out of touch with reality.

As for your views on Gays you are entitled to your opinion even if they do make you a Bigot. Isn\'t freedom grand :)
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

tiedyetoga

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2004, 05:51:37 pm »
Originally posted by leith
If I knew the smiley for shaking hands. You would see it. Hope you made it through this little debate fairly unruffled. Just be prepared my friend to run into many folks that share my views in the scene. Not saying we are right or wrong but dude realize most of the scene we have now was brought about by many of our parents questioning the authority of their time. Just try and realize many "liberals" love this country just as much as u do and are unafraid to voice dissent. Peace.

In the music scence that I enjoy, most people are liberal. Thats why I tend to keep my views to myself.

Also for the "Whole" 3 years comment. I\'m only 21, and I got my apartment when I was 18. So to me it was a huge step.

leith

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2004, 06:23:24 pm »
Well I do not want to seem demeaning to you. I really will extend congrats. Here is where I show my age, there are too many kids your age that refuse to be adults and get out of their parents home @ 18. The fact that you did not go to college and still moved out is commendable, though i think you would benefit from some college just to be exposed to different views. Either that or enlist. :)
No I think u should express your views to as many people as possible. Just because your views may be in the minority in the scene you enjoy does not mean they should not be heard.

Oh and just to let you know the only thing that really got to me was your comment abt how u were talked out of enlisting. You really have no leg to stand on when it comes to talking about the military. I take offense to anyone who thinks that our men and women are cannon fodder and that is what it seemed u were saying. It takes alot to enlist even in peacetime,it shows that you feel the U.S. is worth your very life. Any life lost for any reason is horrible but some reasons are better or worse than others. I know many veterans that disagree w/ the war on the pure fact that they believe they were lied to as do I. So forgive me for getting upset but I have reason. I am proud of my servicetime and love my country, it\'s the government that scares the hell out of me.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2004, 06:48:26 pm »
Hey Gray, what will you do if you have a homosexual child?  Just curious.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2004, 10:35:24 pm »
Wolfman didn\'t you read his earlier post???!!!  He\'d send him to therapy!!!   Therapy cures everything, especially ones craving for cock!!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2004, 12:54:17 am »
hey gray,would you stop being my friend if i confessed that i was gay?
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2004, 01:51:39 am »
Originally posted by freddiewaht
hey gray,would you stop being my friend if i confessed that i was gay?

absolutely the best post of the thread, heh. . .
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"