Author Topic: Was anyone else discusted by Bush\'s State of the Union Address Last Night?  (Read 54823 times)

tiedyetoga

The ONE and ONLY PBFans Political Pissing Contest Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2004, 06:22:10 pm »
Originally posted by leith
Same Sex unions should be legal for tax and other reasons. Notice i did not write marriage. Who has the right to say these people can not be together?  GOD. Last time I checked GOD is not running our Government.

Its not normal, don\'t give me they are born with this shit excuse either. Therapy can do mircales for people. Tax reasons??? You have to be kidding me. I just laughed out loud. Who knows if there is a GOD? I don\'t and you don\'t, so that excuse doesn\'t work.

Any life lost fighting terrorists is worth losing? FUCK YOU ! Tell that to my friend\'s family and all the others who have lost members. Go enlist and follow Bush Jr. to your death. This terrorist thing is played out. The entire world has been suffering from terrorism for the past 50 years. Now it finally happens here and wow now America cares about Terrorism? Do not even get me started on the U.S.\'s terrorist actions all covert but proven to have happened.

Ok, FUCK ME as you would say. You have noting to base this on, I know people who went down with the towers. My friends fiance died that day in Tower 1. When you sign up for Miltary Service, you know that you might die. Its not that hard to figure out!!! Follow Bush to your death?? Your very igorant and you are saying that out of rage. Typical for a Liberal. Ok, it has happened here before 9/11. I hate to break it to you. Bush takes action and doesn\'t hide. Clinton sent Cruz Missels into Afaganastain, nothing happend. They came back to take our towers down. Also CIA evidence says that Clinton knew the wearabouts of Bin Landen and did nothing!!!!! A few Cruz missles, uh... Big deal. Do you not care that we are safer now then we have ever been? Or that kids in Iraq and Afaganastain can go to school now? You seem to have lost touch with whats going on. I can\'t wait till Bush gets reelected so you can bitch and mone.

Bush went to Ground Zero because he was the Pres.  FORMER Pres.Clinton had no such obligation.

You seem to miss the point with this. When they bomded the WTC 9 years ago. Clinton was in office, he did not go to ground zero!!! At that time, it was the worst Terriost Attack is this counrty. Care to explain that one? Clinton was all about himself, he ruined the White House. Remeber all those scandles? Or how he stole furniture from the White House. DO NOT forget he was FORCED to return it.

tiedyetoga

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2004, 06:39:52 pm »
Originally posted by Yoda
1.) I agree with him 100% about same sex marriage. I think that it\'s disgusting and that it\'s a sin. I would not not honor a same sex marriage as they are illegal and just plain wrong.

(This comment is just ignorant.  It has been scientifically proven that it\'s not always some people are born homosexual and then some people choose it.  I for one do not choose that life, but have friends that do, and why shouldn\'t they be allowed to get married if they want to.  Get your nose out of the Bible and into modern day reality)

4.) Money in the pockets of Americans mean they are more likely to spend there money on goods. When the american people spend money on goods, it boots the ecomeny. I love it how people say that Bill Clinton did such a good job with the ecomeny, when in all actuality he didn\'t have anything to do with it. The econemy was on the downfall on his way out. he got lucky with the .com boom.

(I think the numbers speak for themselves.  What was it, over $7 trillion in deficit erased in the Clinton years, $4 trillion in the less than 4 years Bush has been in office)

5.) Any American life lost to a terrist is one fighting for. You for one don\'t seem to get it. They train in other countries and they come and attack us.

(I understand going and fighting in Afganistan, that\'s a direct reaction to the 9/11 attack, but going after Saddam, that\'s just continuing the adgenda that his father couldn\'t complete.  Turning the rest of the world into facistic nations is not our job, nor our business.  We have enough problems in the states without having to get involved in other peoples business.  And I get it, but it seems as if Bush feels obligated to have us in a constant state of war.  Maybe because if he\'s not, the country will realize that he doesn\'t have a clue what he\'s doing.)

On a side note when WTC 1 happend, Bill Clinton did not go to Ground Zero. He did not even go to NYC for that matter. George W. Bush went to Ground Zero only days after the attack.

(I agree with you on this, but I do think that it was a cheesy stunt having Bush flying and landing a jet onto an aircraft carrier.)

6.) Space exploeration is a great thing in my eyes. There is so much out there to be discoverd. I am all for a revamped Space Program. Thats something this country has needed for a long time. As far as people starving in the streets, they can get a job. Most choose not to, I\'m sick and tired of paying for them. You get a job, I will be more then happy to help you. You refuse to work or you "can\'t work", I won\'t help you.

(Space exploration does have it purpose, but not at the expense of our pockets and when there are problems in our own country that need dealing with first.  I agree with you that there is a substantial number of people living off of the system and it is they who I don\'t respect.  But what about the unemployed and homeless that try to get a job, but are turned down because they do not have a permanent address or a change of clothes or even a place to shower)

Listening to your comments, it would seem as if you are one of those right wing extremists that only listen to 770 AM and that fat melon head Rush.  Open your eyes and ears and realize that while the facists are in office, the rich will contiunue to get rich off of the poor and middle class, the poor will continue to be poor and the middle class will continue to carry the burden and will never have the opportunity to advance.  Pass the millionaire tax throughout the country and give the rest of us a break for once.

The simple thing to say to you is that your ingorant.

1. Don\'t give me they are born with it excuse, Theorphy works mircales. You  liberals are trying to make "GAY" people the norm. It ain\'t going to fly with me or alot of other people. If they want to be gay, fine. Just not in public, I don\'t need to see this shit. Its fucking grose!

4. You need to start reading the Wall Street Journal. If you look at the market, it was falling apart before Clinton left office. Bush just inherited the problems that everyone knew was coming.

5. Saddam was a threat to the Middle East and US interests. There will be no Middle East Peace with Saddam and Afrat in power. One down, one more to go. Also do you care about the people of Iraq? They are free now!!! You take your freedom for granted, they don\'t.

- Aircraft stunt was pure genious. It wasn\'t a stunt, it was a planned event. Amazing day and just good politics. Also Bush was a fighter pilot in the National Guard, so he can fly a plane.

6. I would rather pay for Space Exploration then putting all these people who refuse to work in public housing. They need to learn to get a job. Yes they can work, they just abuse the system.

- Comments
Right Wing extremist, no. facist that stands with our President George W. Bush, yes. Why do you want a millionaire tax so bad, people that are that rich did it with your head. You should read "Jack" by Jack Welch. Look were he started, and were he ended up. This country is so great, you can be what ever you want. You just have to work for it. I have been working since I have been 14!! There is no reason why anyone can\'t get a job. if you have enough desire you can do it! I\'m sick of this I deserve free hands out shit!!! The rich do not rich off of the poor, were do you get that? The rich got rich by hard work, not sitting on there ass waiting for handouts.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2004, 06:46:48 pm »
Hey I do not agree that Clinton was all that but Bush is a media whore and you know it. Clinton was too but he did balance the budget.

Rage yeah I have plenty of Rage over this. As for signing up knowing your life is in danger,at one point in our History it would be worth dying for American values. No more. Our values have been corrupted and become capitalist values not American values.

Your friends fiance\' died in the attack I am sorry but you still do not get it. She died because of the corrupt government we have causing trouble around the globe. When I fought in the 1st war it was to liberate Kuwait first and foremost. All the other bs like oil and shit was secondary. If Bush had just said "Look we freed Kuwait now we will free Iraq itself" I would be less inclined to argue. Bush did not do that. HE LIED to YOU and everyone else. So follow that Liar at your own risk. Until you actually have put your life on the line for these freedoms and earned the right, I think you should watch what you say. As for being safer than ever LOL my god you are a fool if you think the new "alert system" actually means anything. They knew 9/11 was going to happen and they did not stop that. So what makes you think we are safer? Longer lines @ the airport?  Armed Sky Marshalls( a bullet shot by anyone into a plane still depressurizes the plane.
Well take solace in the fact that if Bush has his way. Our scene WILL disappear. Believe It!!!
Oh yeah as far as gays go, Who are you to say what is normal for another Human Being? It grosses me out too but I do support there secular rights which have nothing to do w/ their religion and should\'nt have anything to do w/ yours.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 06:49:27 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

tiedyetoga

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2004, 06:51:36 pm »
Hey I do not agree that Clinton was all that but Bush is a media whore and you know it. Clinton was too but he did balance the budget.

Rage yeah I have plenty of Rage over this. As for signing up knowing your life is in danger,at one point in our History it would be worth dying for American values. No more. Our values have been corrupted and become capitalist values not American values.

Your friends fiance\' died in the attack I am sorry but you still do not get it. She died because of the corrupt government we have causing trouble around the globe. When I fought in the 1st war it was to liberate Kuwait first and foremost. All the other bs like oil and shit was secondary. If Bush had just said "Look we freed Kuwait now we will free Iraq itself" I would be less inclined to argue. Bush did not do that. HE LIED to YOU and everyone else. So follow that Liar at your own risk. Until you actually have put your life on the line for these freedoms and earned the right, I think you should watch what you say. As for being safer than ever LOL my god you are a fool if you think the new "alert system" actually means anything. They knew 9/11 was going to happen and they did not stop that. So what makes you think we are safer? Longer lines @ the airport?  Armed Sky Marshalls( a bullet shot by anyone into a plane still depressurizes the plane.
Well take solace in the fact that if Bush has his way. Our scene WILL disappear. Believe It!!!
Oh yeah as far as gays go, Who are you to say what is normal for another Human Being? It grosses me out too but I do support there secular rights which have nothing to do w/ their religion and should\'nt have anything to do w/ yours.

Plain and Simple, YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT! end of story

leith

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2004, 07:00:43 pm »
Why because i do not just guzzle the crap the Government feeds the public ? Hey if you can not face facts that this administration has set this country back. That is your problem.

So I am a piece of shit for caring about my fellow humans rights?

I am a piece of shit for caring that the country I love and completed Military Service for is being destroyed?

I am a piece of shit for pointing out that Bush is a lying murderer?

OK I guess I am a piece of shit for exercising my RIGHT of free speech. Bush is an asshole and you are acting like one.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2004, 07:02:12 pm »
I think it is funny that someone would say gays are gross and that you don\'t need to see that shit etc. Dude you are part of a community where a large percentage of people you are enjoying a concert with have very differing tastes in regards to sex etc.

Your rhetoric about gays and homeless people is extremely close minded IMHO. My sister In-Law is Gay. Her and her partner have adopted two wonderful children and love them and provide for them. Who the hell are you to impose your sense of morality on anyone. You ever heard the saying "don\'t judge another until you have walked in their moccasins two weeks".

Why don\'t you just take a baseball bat with you on the streets of Manhattan and show the people how you really feel.

How do you expect people to be tolerant of you when you have no tolerance for others ?
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2004, 07:09:55 pm »
I hate politcal talk, and I\'m sorry I ever read this thread.  

Gray, you really should enlist in an armed service.  If you think it\'s worth dying to fight terrorism, then it is your calling and you should do it.  Most people go through life and never believe in anything strongly enough to say that it is worth dying for.  There are a lot of people enlisted right now who do not want to be out there, and I\'d much rather have you out there than them.  If you really mean that, then you should enlist.  Seriously.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2004, 07:23:23 pm »
Yea public gay affection is gross, but who cares. . . Who is to say that when you kiss your girlfriend in a public place it is not grossing someone out?. . As far as the Bush administration goes, I can\'t argue either way, I have never really followed politics at all and never have placed a vote in my life, but he should not have used weapons of mass destruction as an excuse to what I will say as "outdo" his father. Yes, the Iraqi\'s are \'free\' now, that\'s cool, good for them, but for the love of god bring our troops home!
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

tiedyetoga

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2004, 08:03:25 am »
Originally posted by kindm\'s
I think it is funny that someone would say gays are gross and that you don\'t need to see that shit etc. Dude you are part of a community where a large percentage of people you are enjoying a concert with have very differing tastes in regards to sex etc.

Your rhetoric about gays and homeless people is extremely close minded IMHO. My sister In-Law is Gay. Her and her partner have adopted two wonderful children and love them and provide for them. Who the hell are you to impose your sense of morality on anyone. You ever heard the saying "don\'t judge another until you have walked in their moccasins two weeks".

Why don\'t you just take a baseball bat with you on the streets of Manhattan and show the people how you really feel.

How do you expect people to be tolerant of you when you have no tolerance for others ?

I have no problem with that. I just don\'t want to see it. Don\'t ask Don\'t tell is a good policy. What they do in there own home is there business, just don\'t do it in public. Or force it down my throat via liberal media.

tiedyetoga

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2004, 08:05:10 am »
Originally posted by Wolfman
I hate politcal talk, and I\'m sorry I ever read this thread.  

Gray, you really should enlist in an armed service.  If you think it\'s worth dying to fight terrorism, then it is your calling and you should do it.  Most people go through life and never believe in anything strongly enough to say that it is worth dying for.  There are a lot of people enlisted right now who do not want to be out there, and I\'d much rather have you out there than them.  If you really mean that, then you should enlist.  Seriously.

I almost enlisted after 9/11, but was talked out of it. The Miltary is not for me. On a side note, I do my part as my company makes most of the weapons that are being used over there. As well as some of the parts for airplanes. I do my part, by supporting our President and SUPPORTING our TROOPS!!!!

tiedyetoga

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2004, 08:06:06 am »
Why because i do not just guzzle the crap the Government feeds the public ? Hey if you can not face facts that this administration has set this country back. That is your problem.

So I am a piece of shit for caring about my fellow humans rights?

I am a piece of shit for caring that the country I love and completed Military Service for is being destroyed?

I am a piece of shit for pointing out that Bush is a lying murderer?

OK I guess I am a piece of shit for exercising my RIGHT of free speech. Bush is an asshole and you are acting like one.

You are out of touch with reality.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2004, 10:13:52 am »
They have kids and are a family should they be denied the same protections under the law ? do they deserve to get the same treatment as anyone else who decides to spend their lives together. YES

Don\'t ask Don\'t tell is a military policy. It is not the law of the land.

Supporting our troops has nothing to do with supporting this president. If you really support our troops you would be trying to get them home. They were sent to Iraq to die under false pretences of an immediate threat of WMD. How many who died there believed they were doing the right thing ? How many have died in vain ? How many have died because of this lie we call Iraq. You can spin it all you want. This Presient lied to the American People in order for us to back a War in Iraq.

Also you are so hung up on the President visiting WTC after 9/11.  Big deal. Why don\'t you ask this president that you love so much why him and the Bush family have been in business with the Bin Laden family for years ? Why not ask him why on 9/12, and 9/13 of 2001 when no americans were allowed to fly all plans grounded, was an airliner allowed to fly to multiple citys in the USA and pick up the Bin Laden Family and fly them out of the country ? Not once ever being questiond by any US official ?

So why he was at WTC making you feel better all of this other stuff was happening. Why don\'t you ask your beloved president that. Or why you ar at it why not ask him why he USED the deaths of all of those people and your friends to justify a WAR that he and his cronies were planning as soon as he took office. They wanted a way to go to Iraq! Hell, Paul O\'neill a former member of the CABINET said the guys a moron and that they were planning this since day 1. He even offers white house memos/documents to back it up.

Senator Joseph Biden said this week that GWB is for lack of a better term a Puppet. It is really Dick Cheney who is running things. It is Dick Cheney who the president takes his ques from and it is his opinion that the President values over all others.

And one last thing. It is easy to sit on the sidelines and say that a soliders death is a good one if it is to fight terrorism. You say that Military life wasn\'t for you that you were talked out of it. I wonder what arguments made you not do it ? Was it the idea of dying for someone else\'s ideals, was it having to take orders ? or was it that mommy and daddy had enough $$$$ that you didn\'t need it to afford college.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

leith

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2004, 12:33:37 pm »
"I almost enlisted after 9/11, but was talked out of it. The Miltary is not for me. On a side note, I do my part as my company makes most of the weapons that are being used over there. As well as some of the parts for airplanes. I do my part, by supporting our President and SUPPORTING our TROOPS!!!!"

This statement proves what i thought. You are full of hot air AND you\'re a hoo haa. Talked out of joining. You make me laugh. You TALK a good game but you\'ll never back it up. You\'re right the Military is not for you. THEY NEED REAL MEN AND WOMEN."My co.makes weapons..." What a joke you\'re really helping our troops. NO! you\'re helping that murdering jackel Bush. Lost touch w/ Reality? that\'s you man not me. It is becoming obvious that you have been a sheltered little boy taught by good facists. Never had a day where you wondered where you would sleep or eat. Nice life. No wonder you have no grip on reality.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2004, 01:38:34 pm »
somehow,i knew this conversation was gonna go this way.dont you know you cant talk politics around here.rydb,are you happy.leith,are you nuts?that dude can ban you from posting,and that would suck
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2004, 02:07:05 pm »
Freddie,
I just posted my point of view on the presidential speech.  Politics always ends up this way, but discussion and arguments are a healthy form of communication.  I honestly didn\'t think that there would be too many right wing facists on this site, but everyone is entitled to their opinion on the current state of our country.  So I guess I should make a couple final comments on and that will be my final post of this thread.  Maybe the thread should be closed before more people end up heated at one another.

1.) I don\'t think any American who has a heart doesn\'t care about what happened on 9/11 or our Troops that are overseas.  (I have friends were in both towers and luckily they all survived.  I also have several friends that are fighting in Iraq and again luckily they are all alive.  All I\'m saying is let\'s bring them back home alive and soon.  I\'m sure that I\'m not the only one out there that is afraid that this will turn out into another Vietnam.)

2.) I have nothing against affluent people that worked their way up the rungs of society.  I think that many people are frustrated with the people that were born with a silver spoon in their mouthes and didn\'t have to work a day in their lives or suffer not having a couple bucks to buy the things they need.

3.) I do not have ill feeling towards all facists as I share a house with two of them, but what I do have a problem with is facists who were born facist, live facist and die facist because they didn\'t take the chance to look around see that the world is not paved with conservative thinking.

4.) There will always be different classes of people, rich, middle class and poor.  If we all do not do our part to help each other, then we will never to be a more balanced and humane society.

And if by some small chance, Leith is banned from the site by Tyedieyoga, then I know that Dave would have the common sense to see that should be reversed.

I guess that it was a mistake to bring this topic up.  I guess as long as we all keep our comments to ourselves then no one will be upset on this site.

Later,

DB
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen