Author Topic: New Lineup  (Read 53844 times)

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
New Lineup
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 09:30:41 pm »
it sucks matt is leaving, for lots of reasons. however...
I think stoops will be awesome for the band.
I have been told he is a huge jerk. but he is sick on the keys, he will fit in better (imho)with the band, and he will bring in new fans!
as long as he learns sundance he\'s cool in my book.
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
New Lineup
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 09:56:45 pm »
Huh. I thought this was some kinda joke at first. Just like all the other fun announcements in the past (PB=TB, Jordan, Save)..

First impression is this sucks. I thought Matt brought the band to some of the best places. Then again I would love to hear some more organ and ambiance from the keys.

I\'m sure I\'ll get over it and continue seeing The Breakfast, or whatever they may be called in the future, as long as Tim\'s pluckin the gee-tar and Adrian\'s bangin\' on them beat barrels. Obviously Dangle Doo is expected to stick around!

ahh... well Matt thanks for the good music man
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

stublatt

New Lineup
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 10:04:23 pm »
Ouch!  The rumors were obviously true.  Really sorry to see that things didn\'t work out in the long run for Matty O and TB.  All brilliant musicians - and not always easy to agree musically.  Wishing all parties involved the best going forward - luv y\'all!!!

Matt o

a quick and unpolished response
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 10:12:37 pm »
i figure that I should throw in a quick 2 cents.   Thank you everyone for your support. throughout the year.   It has been an amazing year+.   During my time with the Breakfast I gave it everything I had.  I was completely consumed with things Breakfast.   It was a big commitment.  I have realized that the lifestyle and the music is not my thing.  I have a lot of respect for the guys and I think they are amazing.  It is simply not my thing.  Shortly after I realized this, I heard that RAQ was disbanding.   I contacted Todd Stoops and asked him if he would be interested in working with the Breakfast.  My intention was to leave the Breakfast better off than when I found it.  I feel that he is a kick-ass keyboardist and a better fit for this band.  

I know that I did my best.  I apologize for the times that I was "not in the music."  I am sorry if that affected you.  I\'m not a good faker.  Just like in life, I had moments of great joy and moments when I struggled while playing with the Breakfast.   It has less to do with the Breakfasts music and more to do with my own stuff.  It was learning process for me.   I don\'t know that I will end up as a musician at all.    I want to get out of the way and let them be a great band.  

I really value the interactions that I\'ve had with all of you this year.  Thank you for connecting with me.  if anyone wants to find me i\'ll be reachable through my myspace   or email(moestrei@hotmail.com) I am going to finish out the Breakfast tour starting from the west coast.    Even though i am leaving, these will not be half-hearted dates.  We are going to show up and rock and take chances etc.  

To life unfolding unexpectedly and beautifully,
matt o

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
New Lineup
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 10:19:20 pm »
right on homie. thanks again. its been a great and unforgettable year for all of us.

thanks for reaching out to stoops too on our behalf. thats a very humble and awesome thing of you to do.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:20:53 pm by Klout »

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
New Lineup
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 10:20:57 pm »
Thanks Matt, thanks to you and the boys there\'s been a helluva lot of great music over the past year and I for one will never forget it. From the early acoustic shows at Jakes, lots of banging electric shows, and the residency ar Daniel Street it really has been great. I wish you all the best.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
New Lineup
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 10:21:28 pm »
it was a pleasure seeing you play matt.  you helped bring the band to unreached heights in the key department.

i think that albeit sad, that this is a HUGE step for the band.  Stoops/Palmeiri/Tromantano/Dangle-doo is a fierce lineup.  Hopefully some Raq faithful will join board and add some hype to the future shows.  Burlington should be a SER scene.

Having these 4 guys play together should have most other jambands attention.  I can only see this as a positive.

and joe.  you\'re out of line.  as usual i\'m not surprised to see you find an excuse to miss a breakfast show.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
New Lineup
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 10:21:52 pm »
Quote from: Matt o;204241
i figure that I should throw in a quick 2 cents.   Thank you everyone for your support. throughout the year.   It has been an amazing year+.   During my time with the Breakfast I gave it everything I had.  I was completely consumed with things Breakfast.   It was a big commitment.  I have realized that the lifestyle and the music is not my thing.  I have a lot of respect for the guys and I think they are amazing.  It is simply not my thing.  Shortly after I realized this, I heard that RAQ was disbanding.   I contacted Todd Stoops and asked him if he would be interested in working with the Breakfast.  My intention was to leave the Breakfast better off than when I found it.  I feel that he is a kick-ass keyboardist and a better fit for this band.  

I know that I did my best.  I apologize for the times that I was "not in the music."  I am sorry if that affected you.  I\'m not a good faker.  Just like in life, I had moments of great joy and moments when I struggled while playing with the Breakfast.   It has less to do with the Breakfasts music and more to do with my own stuff.  It was learning process for me.   I don\'t know that I will end up as a musician at all.    I want to get out of the way and let them be a great band.  

I really value the interactions that I\'ve had with all of you this year.  Thank you for connecting with me.  if anyone wants to find me i\'ll be reachable through my myspace   or email(moestrei@hotmail.com) I am going to finish out the Breakfast tour starting from the west coast.    Even though i am leaving, these will not be half-hearted dates.  We are going to show up and rock and take chances etc.  

To life unfolding unexpectedly and beautifully,
matt o

very classy response from a classy dude.
matt,glad u gave it a shot and im even more glad that you unselfishly realized it wasnt for you and decided to do something about and and im EVEN MORE GLAD you contacted stoops and goto him onboard.
nothin but love brah.
boncek,if u dont like it,dont let the door hit u on the ass brah.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
New Lineup
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 10:28:13 pm »
yea for real tho matt know that you really did take this band to new levels. they were stuck in somewhat of a jamming rut before you came along and you totally broke them out of that with your out of the box playing and creative style and influence  and  experimentation and really just facilitated a much needed step in the overall evolution of the band. that will be your breakfast legacy, at least in my mind.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:31:10 pm by Klout »

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
New Lineup
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2008, 10:59:34 pm »
Wow. Guess I missed this thread somehow.

Matt- thank you thank you thank you. I was truly skeptical early on, and you absolutely stepped up to the plate in a BIG way this past year. No doubt your heart was in the music, I agree you brought this band to new heights they didn\'t touch before. Thanks for all you\'ve brought to the table and good luck man!

As far as the future goes, it seems like there is MUCH excitement about Stoops joining. I know freddie has been licking specifically HIS balls on this board for a long time, which is a great sign imo. So, I\'m psyched (but a little weirded out, not gonna lie.. this band will keep you on your fucking toes... JESUS!!!)

That being said, I can\'t believe I\'m in for a fucking Trio show. That\'s absolutely a let-down. Still excited, but only half as much. I thought Seattle \'06 was the last time I\'d be seeing three. Well, fuck it.. bring on the music and roll with the changes.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
New Lineup
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2008, 12:06:17 am »
Matt, many thanks.  Your contributions to the band have been nothing short of amazing.  You are a class act and will definitely be missed.  Best of luck in the future.
You Lucky Bastards!

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
New Lineup
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 12:35:26 am »
well, its another pothole in the road of life: it sucks right away, but then you realize that you didn\'t get a flat and you\'re still raging. Matt, thanks for all you have brought to this scene, be it heady shakes, the jazz influence, a paradigm shift, rocking originals, the return of doughboy, wang chung, etc.

you will surely be missed and surely not forgotten. good luck with your future endeavors, and may you throw down wherever you go.
-alexi

bring it on stoops!
caress me, aunt jemima

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
New Lineup
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 12:36:25 am »
thank you matt for all you\'ve done, i\'ve enjoyed watching you play with the breakfast.  i look forward to seeing you in cali.  best of luck!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

TeddyT

New Lineup
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 12:38:48 am »
Matt O, thanks for sharing your music, style, and zen with us over the past 1+ year. I wish you the best on your road ahead.

Oestreicher will finish his run with the band from the 13th through October 25th in Erie, PA, and RAQ keyboardist Todd Stoops will then take over and finish out the year performing with The Breakfast!!

--The Breakfast

So is Stoops doing the Mass>Ohio>Vermont Freakout run? Thats a lot of travelling considering he\'s coming from NC. I also gotta question how much practice time will be put in into "Cartoonage" along with the Breakfast repertoire. I am hoping for the best.  Welcome aboard Stoops

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
New Lineup
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2008, 12:50:28 am »
goddammit, i love this band. and what makes this band what it is right now, is the highs and lows and bumps and bruises along the way. matt o brought many things to this band, and came in at a time in which the breakfast really needed him. his strong jazz influence has helped to challenge and embellish tim and adrian\'s style.  i could be mistaken, but i thought it was matt who actually hooked the band up with chris too..... !

that being said, i can\'t say i\'m surprised at all by this announcement, and it seems that it was a long time coming. i can\'t even count the number of shows where i\'ve actually witnessed the creative clashing between members of the band.... dissonance that strong radiates and i felt it on many occasions.

while i will miss matt, i am EXTREMELY excited to see what stoops is going to bring to the table. i feel like a floodgate of potential has opened, yet again, for this band.....

Quote from: TeddyT;204258

So is Stoops doing the Mass>Ohio>Vermont Freakout run? Thats a lot of travelling considering he\'s coming from NC. I also gotta question how much practice time will be put in into "Cartoonage" along with the Breakfast repertoire. I am hoping for the best.  Welcome aboard Stoops

i certainly hope he\'ll be there for iron horse. i was excited to start, but now.... all bets are off folks. !!
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?