Author Topic: New Lineup  (Read 53493 times)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
New Lineup
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 08:07:39 pm »
So Raq is officially disbanded?  I thought part of the reason they broke up was because this guy moved to NC and wanted to spend a lot of time with his family/newborn?  Or am I thinking of another Raq member from an old thread?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
New Lineup
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 08:33:17 pm »
I\'m bummed to hear this. Matt\'s a great guy, I like his playing, and I really like the jazz influences he brings to the band. Well, I wish him the best of luck.
Masturbation in the MFA

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
New Lineup
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 08:36:34 pm »
AM I the only one who\'s thinking, "WHAT THE FUCK THIS FUCKING SUCKS?!?!?!"

Man this sucks... Well forget heading out to the Springfield, IL show....
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
New Lineup
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 08:39:27 pm »
Quote from: Overexjoesure;204211
AM I the only one who\'s thinking, "WHAT THE FUCK THIS FUCKING SUCKS?!?!?!"

Nope, I\'m with you on this.
Masturbation in the MFA

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
New Lineup
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 08:40:40 pm »
key phrase: creative differences

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
New Lineup
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 08:41:46 pm »
I\'m just in shock and utter disbelief.

creative differences is code for a million and one different reasons.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 08:41:46 pm by Overexjoesure »
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
New Lineup
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 08:43:23 pm »
no it means matt was off in outer space half the time

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
New Lineup
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 08:43:56 pm »
It stinks, but I really wouldn\'t put it on the same level as Ron or Jordan leaving the band.  Actually, I think that it would be more detrimental if Chris left.  His playing has brought the band to places it\'s never been.  Matt just brought a different style.  I\'m hoping that  Stoops has more of an organ feel to his style than say a synth sound.  Not that I mind the synth, but it seems like all the jams with synth and up with that disco sound (part of the reason I can\'t stand the biscuits).  I\'m sure that The Breakfast will land on their feet; they always do.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
New Lineup
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 08:46:09 pm »
Yoda go home.

Klout, what the fuck are you talking about? Matt was always on point.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
New Lineup
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 08:56:01 pm »
Joe - you may not agree with what I say, but seriously, this is a forum... People will express thoughts that differ from yours... That\'s the beauty of it...

Quote from: Overexjoesure;204211

Was Matt the only reason you liked the band?  I\'m sure he\'ll hook up with someone and you can follow that band.

As for Klouts comment about him being spaced out, I can understand where he\'s coming from.  The two times I talked to him, I had to explain what I was saying multiple times for him to catch on... Does that take away from his ability, no, but we also don\'t know what went on between the four of them, so let\'s take it for what it\'s worth.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
New Lineup
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 09:04:39 pm »
Matt added a much needed level of jazz and musical professionalism to this band.  His songwriting was top notch, and he is an incredible human being.  I was at the Daniel St show the first time he sat in with the band during "Buquebus".  Only one of his keyboards worked, but damn if he didn\'t class up that song like nothing else.  He has musical intuition, which is the key component to improvisation, and let me tell you, not a lot of people have it.  The reason why we\'ve been getting such amazing Type II jams: Matt and Chris.  

I won\'t go to the Springfield show because I talked up this new lineup so fucking much and have to spend 10 minutes to explain how they arrived at this juncture.  Just when things finally started to settle, now this....

Looks like The Breakfast and the economy are heading in the same direction.

Bottom Line: Huge Fucking Mistake...

thatguy

New Lineup
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 09:08:39 pm »
Quote from: Overexjoesure;204226
Matt added a much needed level of jazz and musical professionalism to this band.  His songwriting was top notch, and he is an incredible human being.  I was at the Daniel St show the first time he sat in with the band during "Buquebus".  Only one of his keyboards worked, but damn if he didn\'t class up that song like nothing else.  He has musical intuition, which is the key component to improvisation, and let me tell you, not a lot of people have it.  The reason why we\'ve been getting such amazing Type II jams: Matt and Chris.  

I won\'t go to the Springfield show because I talked up this new lineup so fucking much and have to spend 10 minutes to explain how they arrived at this juncture.  Just when things finally started to settle, now this....

Looks like The Breakfast and the economy are heading in the same direction.

Bottom Line: Huge Fucking Mistake...

on whos part ?

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
New Lineup
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 09:08:42 pm »
your buggin dude.

they are still going to rage type 2 jams and its going to be much more tasteful, less wanky, and much tighter, and way more raging.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
New Lineup
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 09:18:28 pm »
Am I the only one completely psyched to see Stoops play with these guys?

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
New Lineup
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 09:23:59 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;204231
Am I the only one completely psyched to see Stoops play with these guys?

no.  i cant wait.  shit is going to rip.  plus im sure the band will get a lot of new fans from raq land
*Gia*