Author Topic: The 10th Annual Fonghoulish Freakout: Cartoonage  (Read 16403 times)

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
The 10th Annual Fonghoulish Freakout: Cartoonage
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 11:24:51 pm »
yea right dude, you\'re totally going
caress me, aunt jemima

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 11:33:50 pm »
Klout I agree with you 100%. This is perhaps the weakest sauce thus far for a Freakout... Way worse than the circus themed Freakout.

I was hoping for a Funkadelic Vs. Frank (Zappa) Freakout...
FFFF
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 11:37:18 pm »
if I do it will be to see my bfam and hear breakfast songs not to hear the bands rendition of stupid cartoon ditties and see adj dressed up like papa smurf.

on the real tho status = highly doubtful

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 11:41:25 pm »
gotta dig up my Duff Beer can costume from \'05 !
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

thatguy

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 11:42:46 pm »
:lol:
Quote from: Klout;203104
if I do it will be to see my bfam and hear breakfast songs not to hear the bands rendition of stupid cartoon ditties and see adj dressed up like papa smurf.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 11:49:14 pm »
Quote from: Overexjoesure;203102
Klout I agree with you 100%. This is perhaps the weakest sauce thus far for a Freakout... Way worse than the circus themed Freakout.

I was hoping for a Funkadelic Vs. Frank (Zappa) Freakout...
FFFF

see now THAT would be badass joe.  THAT would motivate me and others to actually make an effort to come out for this.

cartoon songs is going to get old 10 minutes into noho.....by the end of the show saturday there is going to be 15 people in the crowd

a zappa vs p-funk battle with better and better come backs would rage full throttle till the bitter end. then a killer set of bfast and maybe inca roads or something to cap it all off

who the fuck is going to be that jazzed up to hear ninja turtles for an encore at 1:30 am on Nov 2nd

Quote from: thatguy;203108
:lol:
Quote from: Klout;203104

well maybe if you did the full out white beard, red pants and hat and no shirt/blue body and face....that would be pretty epic I have to admit ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:50:03 pm by Klout »

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 11:50:20 pm »
YES EXACTLY! AN INCA FUCKING ROADS ENCORE!!!

Instead we get Vermont Song> Rugrats Theme Song>Vermont Song...
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 11:56:47 pm »
You\'re putting way too much stock in this theme Klout.  You\'re really missing the point.  The theme doesn\'t make or break the show.  It\'s still a Breakfast show with tons of Breakfast songs, and everyone dresses up and just has a great time.  Breakfast fans don\'t need the theme to "motivate them to go" and they don\'t decide not to go just because they don\'t like the theme.  You\'re perfectly entitled not to like it, but deciding to boycott all the shows because of the theme is pretty asinine.  FF 1-4 didn\'t even have themes and those shows were all fantastic.  If you have a better party or show to go to then that\'s a good reason not to go, but if you want to go to The Breakfast then just go and don\'t worry about the theme so much.

See you in Noho and Burlington!  I for one will be having fun!  Anyone want to dress up as the Thundercats?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:59:28 pm by Wolfman »

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 11:57:41 pm »
The Message>Dora the Explora!!!

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 12:13:58 am »
Klout, I jambased some options for you closer to your area on 11/1.  I\'m sure these shows will be way better than The Breakfast since they don\'t have lame themes.  Plus you won\'t have to do the long trip.  

How about KD Lang in Greenvale?  
The Machine at SUNY Delhi?
Sirsy in Rochester?

Hehe there are some other good bands in upstate NY on 11/1 like Government Mule, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, and Derek Trucks.  Without lame themes these shows should be much better options for you.  Let us know which one you go to and how it is!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 12:17:03 am by Wolfman »

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 12:19:30 am »
Synergy>Muppet Babies>Synergy

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 12:20:12 am »
wolfie I know it will still be fun and have breakfast songs but right now I dont have lots of surplus funds and time like I used to. Both are very tight at the moment actually. I have to pick and choose.  Factors like the difference between an awesome, cant miss theme vs. a wicked lame theme like this one has an influence on my decisions. If that makes me less of fan in your eyes so be it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:12:02 am by Klout »

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 12:26:34 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;203123
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings

If you like Sharon Jones, you should definitely check out Orgone.  Tight, rich, afro-funky.  Ubiquity recording artists (which is one of my favorite labels).
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2008, 07:20:55 am »
I\'m gonna wear my donald duck outfit

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=29348047">Family Guy - Donald Duck Costume
http://player.hulu.com/embed/myspace_viral_player.swf?pid=_oRnEKEthRPobyKilkyhDfxknIY7kY6_&embed=true&videoID=29348047" />http://player.hulu.com/embed/myspace_viral_player.swf?pid=_oRnEKEthRPobyKilkyhDfxknIY7kY6_&embed=true&videoID=29348047" width="480" height="386" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2008, 07:31:55 am »
I for one would like to commend klout for stepping up and filling in for leith during his hiatus.

:yay:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke