Author Topic: The Breakfast Announce New Bassist  (Read 14836 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
The Breakfast Announce New Bassist
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2008, 11:47:41 am »
Here\'s a picture from the Botegga show on wednesday:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2008, 11:53:39 am »
any idea what ype of bass he was playing?

and how did he sound?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 11:53:39 am by ds673488 »
DS Newbers

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2008, 12:04:52 pm »
Custom build bass. I don\'t want to taint your first impressions of him, so go tonight and see for yourself, then we can discuss it.

Zaph: "Dirty rotten neutrals. With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals you just never know..."
Neutral leader: "If I don\'t survive this battle, tell my wife I said \'hi\'."
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2008, 12:39:21 pm »
unfortunately i cant make it down tonight, but ill listen when the recording comes
DS Newbers

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2008, 02:01:43 pm »
And the suspense builds........
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2008, 04:37:26 pm »
that turtle neck sweater irks me for some reason.

how old is chris and how long has he been playing, anyone know?

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2008, 04:52:47 pm »
he\'s 6, and has been playing for 5 years
DS Newbers

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2008, 05:11:36 pm »
i gotta be honest. im skeptical.  i clearly hope for the best as i feel that this band more then any band i listen to genuinely deserves the respect and devotion that larger scale bands achieve.  however, with that being said, i hate to say this, but i am losing hope.  

I love this band so much, musically they (especially Tim) have taught me so much and being a guitar player, he has beyond inspired me.  Shit keeps happening with this band.  One person leaves, then they seem like all is well, now another person leaves, leaving only 2 members of the breakfast still in the band itself.  The two in the band really are the heart of the band in my opinion and I\'ve always thought so, and that\'s where my shred of hope comes from.  

I know it\'s innappropriate to post this in the new bass player thread but THIS BAND DESERVES GREAT THINGS.  Musically they are superior to the majority of the bands in their \'genre\' (sorry to compartmentalize but for arguments sake) and i dont know, im just so fed up with all of this bull shit.  I really really hope that this guy is good.  

I would love for years to still see one of my favorite bands all the time.  It gives me purpose when I listen to and see that there is music that makes me happy.  I personally feel Matt was a great addition and only helped the band.  This post has turned into a hopeful one rather then a rant i guess, but please, just write some really solid songs (you guys really need to) and make sure this dude is up to par and things should be ok.  Please, for my sake if no one else\'s (haha).  I love the breakfast.

end of rant...i apologize in advance if i upset anyone

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2008, 05:33:25 pm »
I feel a lot more positive about this phase than I did about the trio and they survived that. See how tonight goes though. We might both have totally different opinions by this time tomorrow.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2008, 08:42:28 am »
where the fuck is last nights set list
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2008, 10:15:48 am »
Quote from: ds673488;176179
he\'s 6, and has been playing for 5 years

wow, he\'s been playing longer than timmy! rotfl

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 12:20:03 am »
Dear Crescendo:  The Breakfast has a new member;  maybe you should update your Breakfast page accordingly.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 03:55:34 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;183137
Dear Crescendo:  The Breakfast has a new member;  maybe you should update your Breakfast page accordingly.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Four is creeeepy.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 03:55:34 am by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash