Author Topic: (Disco) Biscuits for Breakfast(.info)  (Read 41525 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
(Disco) Biscuits for Breakfast(.info)
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2009, 05:58:21 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;246727
Quote from: NickNels;246701
11/1/09:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D66361XA

10/28/2009 Kalamazoo State Theatre, Kalamazoo, MI
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PNONCOTA

10/29/2009 University Theatre, Madison, WI
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=21NVN7WA

10/30/2009 First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YQD5C01V

10/31/2009 Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F5F9FD08

those already got pulled except for 10/28+30

can u please re upload 10/31 if possible? and maybe 10/9+10 if u have them

I don\'t have the NoHa shows, but I will re-up the 10/31 show ASAP

Quote from: NickNels;244368
Day 16:

Some more contemporary Biscuits for ya.

THis is set I from the most recent show they played in BKNY.  I don\'t think this was the best show of the run, but I really enjoyed it at the show and listening back to it the other night.  Brooklyn Bowl is a really sweet venue.  Recently renovated, bowling lanes, good sound and reasonable drink prices...Swanky!

The Disco Biscuits 10-11-09; Brooklyn Bowl, BKNY

I: Intro, Loose Change, Pimp Blue Rikki > Mindless Dribble > Minions > King of the World > Mindless Dribble > King of the World

Loose Change and Pimp Blue Rikki are new songs.  The set really starts to get going right at the start of the Dribble Segment.  Minions might be my favorite new song right now.

Link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N56NB8IZ (SBD 320)

The 4 day New England run was a blast.  I\'ll try to get some more sets/shows/highlighs up as they become available.

set II if anyone is interested

II: Intro, On Time, Save the Robots > Basis for a Day, Donde, Mirrors > Save the Robots, IMan

E: Rockafella

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QXLHJ2C7 (SBD 320)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 05:58:21 pm by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2009, 08:47:27 pm »
Hilarious watching a guy in OB yesterday trying to give tickets away for last night\'s show at the 4th and B
I also heard if you did not have a ticket the girl at the box office would just point at someone offering free tickets on the street.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2009, 08:55:20 pm »
Watch out for the Sunday Santa Cruz dyslexic takeover.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2009, 01:22:32 am »
Quote from: leith;246783
Hilarious watching a guy in OB yesterday trying to give tickets away for last night\'s show at the 4th and B
I also heard if you did not have a ticket the girl at the box office would just point at someone offering free tickets on the street.

:lol:
*Gia*

NickNels

« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2009, 09:46:41 am »

Why is that hilarious?  Biscuits are not a West Coast band...they are there once or twice a year.  They really don\'t have much of a following in San Diego.  I imagine the secondary ticket market is terrible.  If I was the manager and I had a half full room, I would absolutely let people in for a discounted or free ticket.  At least they might spend some money at the bar.

But hey, thanks for the douchey comment about a band you have made it painfully clear you don\'t like!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 09:54:44 am by NickNels »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2009, 10:02:32 am »
I thought it was pretty funny, Nick. Considering Biscuits have such epic hoards of fans on the East Coast, I got a little chuckle ;)

Leith!! Join me over here! :lol:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2009, 11:35:04 am »
Quote from: NickNels;246814

Why is that hilarious?  Biscuits are not a West Coast band...they are there once or twice a year.  They really don\'t have much of a following in San Diego.  I imagine the secondary ticket market is terrible.  If I was the manager and I had a half full room, I would absolutely let people in for a discounted or free ticket.  At least they might spend some money at the bar.

But hey, thanks for the douchey comment about a band you have made it painfully clear you don\'t like!

Hey NO PROBLEM. I figured as a tDB fan you may have wanted to know how they did out here is all.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2009, 12:38:26 pm »

So were you just scoping out a venue where a band you don\'t like was playing so you can make some arrogant comment about them?

I thought there was supposed to be a lot of fun stuff to do on the west coast, besides sippin\' haterade all day.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2009, 12:39:48 pm »
Quote from: siflandollie;246884

So were you just scoping out a venue where a band you don\'t like was playing so you can make some arrogant comment about them?

I thought there was supposed to be a lot of fun stuff to do on the west coast, besides sippin\' haterade all day.

:lol: good one!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2009, 01:27:12 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;246885
Quote from: siflandollie;246884

:lol: good one!

I just find it amusing that you and Leith bitch endlessly about people discussing the Disco Biscuits on .info, when more than half the posts in this thread are from you guys, the other half responding to the BS you guys had to say.  So if neither of you ever entered the thread it would be 2 pages long and buried a long time ago.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2009, 01:51:30 pm »
I have no problem with this thread or Disco Biscuits discussion. Just don\'t spill it over to my Grateful Dead thread :P

I\'m just here to pass the time and joke around with my friends and family brah.. sometimes we agree, sometimes we don\'t. Makes no difference when it comes time for a Breakfast show. Nick and Zuke are probably the biggest fans of Biscuits around these parts and I disagree with them on taste-in-music issues all the time. But I also happen to love these guys and consider them friends in real life :shrug:

Besides, you gotta admit Leith / me / others who\'ve come in here to say Biscuits suck have at least made your thread more interesting. Plus I did listen to some of the DB suggestions people have linked up. Just happened not to like most of them. Also many of my friends including my roommate are big Biscuits fans so if anything my opinion is far from uninformed. I did like the "Mirrors" music video I saw when Nick and Zuke were up in Noho for the Biscuits show though.

Is what it is.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 02:03:13 pm by bdfreetuna »

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2009, 02:16:45 pm »

that\'s laughs!  probably more flip flops at that bisco show than ever before too.

moving my bisco thoughts out of the dead thread.  

listening to 1-4-07.  

first off, the moe. echoes pwns the db version.  at least this one.  

the > above the waves was decent... nothing to ground breaking.

the great abyss lost me and bored me.  i skipped to cyclone which is pretty sexy.  i am excited to hear it back > echoes.

the > echoes is the best segue of the bunch.  although i think the playing during the last part of echoes is pretty sloppy.  

the bernstein & chasnoff encore is fun.  probably my fav song from set II
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 02:33:50 pm by inCognito »

NickNels

« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2009, 02:40:40 pm »
Quote from: inCognito;246896

that\'s laughs!  probably more flip flops at that bisco show than ever before too.

moving my bisco thoughts out of the dead thread.  

listening to 1-4-07.  

first off, the moe. echoes pwns the db version.  at least this one.  

the > above the waves was decent... nothing to ground breaking.  

the great abyss lost me and bored me.  i skipped to cyclone which is pretty sexy.  i am excited to hear it back > echoes.

Ha!  I actually just listened to it myself.  I still like the segment, but not really because of Echoes...it just happens to be the bookends there.  I will check out the moe. segment.  To be honest, I\'m sure apples to apples moe.\'s version probably does pwn tdb\'s version.

I don\'t know why I like the Biscuits so much, but it\'s not because of musical brilliance or perfect execution.  It\'s just the music that strikes my soul and moves my feet (hands, body, and head).  It\'s personal and I don\'t expect anyone else to understand it other than me.  So if you want to rational discussion and tell me why you like or don\'t like it...sure.  Just don\'t rattle off shit about the scene, the fans, the untz, or any crap like that because it makes you sound stupid and elitist.

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2009, 02:57:50 pm »
i started listening to this to have a conversation about music and do an apple to apples comparison of Echoes.  

the biscuits are fun.  i feel like they have some moments of musical brilliance, but they are an indulgent sort of fun.  there is something at a very base, raw level that gives their music its appeal - to me at least.  i tend to like experiencing their shows live more than a lot of what translates on tape.  that might have something to do with mind bending chemicals as well.  i won\'t rule that out.  

i would be very curious to hear your thoughts on the moe. version.  i would suggest listening to the echoes to end set I  and then the stash, meat, echoes > eyes is good stuff.  if you skip anything, i would skip the stash - def listen to the meat though!  it was off the hook!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2009, 03:01:54 pm »
I like "untz" when The Breakfast does it. I just can\'t stand it when it\'s like 100% of the show. I run out of Ibuprofen too quickly ;)