Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-09-05 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT  (Read 11611 times)

psychjosh

Setlist: 2008-09-05 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 07:44:14 am »
Quote from: peaches626;201715
if anyone found a phone on the floor that looked like it felt out of Zach Morris\' pocket, it\'s actually mine....

so if you have it, thanks

I found a phone on the floor. I put it on the monitor next to the stage. Call Sully\'s! I bet they have it.
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 08:17:09 am »
Strange day>night>day indeed!

Definitely in my top 5 strangest shows of all time. Redefinition of Rufus, indeed! I loved Matt on the intro section. Watching the band from the side ramp was key, not that I don\'t love you guys, but many of you are bigger and smellier than me so I was glad to find a little refuge. When I saw "Acid Haus" Ellis groovin over there I realize it was the place to be.

Upon arrival at "the ramp" I was given a spectacular view of Adrian\'s insane drumming. A good night to be a little twisted.... Twisted Tea of course!

Thanks to TPalms for helping me not back into mad people trying to pick a ghetto fight on the way out of my parking space :lol:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Ren

• what?
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 10:27:29 am »
GHETTO FIIIIIIIIIHT!!!

When we were leaving some, "locals" were like, "where you goin, ladies?"  Jen said, "uh, home."  I heard about 5 of em\' make that sound, ya know, "tssss."  There was also a crack-head at 7-11 who politely asked for 2 quarters.  Always so precise; "yo son, you could spare like two quarters?"

good times.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

badash3298

• tiny dancer
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 12:43:02 pm »
my highlight was probably HLH but I\'m also still in shock about Rufus and Taboo. I love the direction the band is going.

and as usual, bfam representin
Ive been waiting so long
To be where Im going

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 01:57:39 pm »
HLH was definitely out of control. I\'ve seen that and Taboo or Not Taboot 4 out of the 5 shows I\'ve seen there. (Last 5 shows played there). It\'s not my favorite room on the planet, but man, they always throw down hard there!!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2008, 05:04:23 pm »
holy fuckin bananas.
*Gia*

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 09:44:30 am »
Great times this weekend.  If you saw/talked to me on Friday I think you know how much I was enjoying the show.

Thanks to DavePeck for the ride to the show and Elisa for setting it up.  I can\'t believe I almost cancelled last minute.

Good to see you again Galenas...make sure you post some info about your Music Blog.

It also great meeting Justin, Ashley, and John.

It was also funny putting a face to name Brandon (Ren).  I was laughing so hard after I realized it was you who had made the previous posts.

I\'m sure i\'ll see most of you guys in a couple months @ Higher Ground.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 11:32:37 am »
Quote from: NickNels;201873
It was also funny putting a face to name Brandon (Ren). I was laughing so hard after I realized it was you who had made the previous posts.

I went up to Ren, not ever meeting him before, and asked if he were Ren and explained I was DSnumbers, as an educated guess based on pictures Ive seen.  His response was "how the hell did you figure out that I was ren?"  I think he thought that I was just going to up everyone and asking if they were Ren.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 01:16:50 pm by ds673488 »
DS Newbers

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 11:49:09 am »
Quote from: ds673488;201894
Quote from: NickNels;201873
I was laughing so hard after I realized it was you who had made the previous posts.

I went up to Ren, not ever meeting him before, and asked if he were Ren and explained I was DSnumbers, as an educated guess based on pictures Ive seen.  His response was "how the hell did you figure out that I was ren?"  I think he thought that I was just going to up everyone and asking if they were Ren.

I had a similar situation the first time I met Jking.... we were at toads and he just said something like "Hey youe\'ri Peaches!" and i was like "How the hell did this dude just pick me out of this crowd like that?"

Then i realized my ugly mug is being broadcast to the .info world 24/7 with my crazy rotating avatar.

uh, peaches icognito
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:49:09 am by BennyBoomers »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 01:07:49 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;201727
john and maria\'s pie for dinner

God I miss that pie and speckles.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Ren

• what?
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 12:15:21 am »
yep, it was nice to me another upstater on .info.  when i would read things that people wrote, i would try to figure out who they were.  i was right most of the time.  not this time though.  i saw klout somewhere, i think jersey, and was like, "you\'re klout, right?"  he gave me a weird look and was like, "yeah."  i just knew it was him.  also, back in the early days of .info with chrispitch i was like, "you\'re chris pitch, right?"  i\'m tellin\' ya, nothin\' gets by me.

i was actually kinda surprised to have you come up to me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 12:23:51 am by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 01:49:46 am »
It\'s crazy how loose the mid-song banter is this entire show. It really kicks the energy up a few notches. Everything about this show is just raw comfortability. I\'m enjoying a third listen more than the first two. I\'d love to see just an ounce of this home driven baggy demeanor from the boys in Chicago. Don\'t get me wrong, they ALWAYS throw down hard when I see them, but there is certainly something special about shows like this that the road really can\'t recreate.... I guess what I\'m trying to say is-- good job BFans, you guys really produce an exceptional atmosphere for an exceptional band to collectively throw an exceptional party that I wish I could be a part of. I\'m jealous, sure, but happier that this shit exists at all. Keep ridin\' the wave you lucky s.o.b.\'s, this chapter in life will become more significant as the years keep rolling on, no doubt.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 12:12:54 pm »
Quote from: Ren;201980
yep, it was nice to me another upstater on .info.  when i would read things that people wrote, i would try to figure out who they were.  i was right most of the time.  not this time though.  i saw klout somewhere, i think jersey, and was like, "you\'re klout, right?"  he gave me a weird look and was like, "yeah."  i just knew it was him.  also, back in the early days of .info with chrispitch i was like, "you\'re chris pitch, right?"  i\'m tellin\' ya, nothin\' gets by me.

whenever i meet someone in person, they are like "YOU\'RE DSnumbers?  I pictured you looking totally different!"  I dont know what people picture when they have a preconcieved image of me, but i guess it isnt anything like i actually am.
DS Newbers

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 01:14:10 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;202013
Quote from: Ren;201980

whenever i meet someone in person, they are like "YOU\'RE DSnumbers?  I pictured you looking totally different!"  I dont know what people picture when they have a preconcieved image of me, but i guess it isnt anything like i actually am.

Dude remember when I met you at FFLawnBoy? That shit was hilarious. Me after Coil, "Dude, you know what you\'re getting into here?" You, "Uhh yeah, I spend like three hours a day on the board." Then you pointed to your nametag and I felt like a jackass for a moment. However, you were new on the board. However (again) your presence was felt immediately on the board. Anyways, that shit was funny. Still don\'t know what you look like, considering you had a fucking Fluff bucket on your head.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2008, 08:37:55 am »
listen to rufus again for the first time since this night....could be my favorite version ever
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies