Author Topic: New York City on 10/10 - WTF?!  (Read 2493 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
New York City on 10/10 - WTF?!
« on: September 05, 2008, 05:42:08 pm »
Friday October 10th, 2008

Beck
United Palace Theatre, NYC

Of Montreal
Roseland Ballroom, NYC

Brazilian Girls
Terminal 5, NYC

MSTRKRFT (late show)
Webster Hall, NYC

---

talk about a stacked night in the city. going to Of Montreal and MSTRKRFT, but kind of pissed to be missing out on Brazilian Girls and Beck. hopefully i\'ll be able to score some Beck tickets for the night before though. 2 night run, and they\'re both sold out. glad i caught Brazilian Girls at Lollapalooza now.

LBoogie

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 10:48:56 pm »
Brazilian Girls...hands down.  And I say that only because i don\'t care for the united palace.....saw bjork there....too theater for me:)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 05:15:04 pm »
yea, I found out about beck the day of the presale, and by the time I got to the computer an hour later, it was all sold out. I did however get my of montreal and mstrkrft tix though. :hehehe:

Did have to skip out on the hartford marathon, but hey, now at least I get to sleep in the next day.

:duck: love you. :biggrin:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bellbottomtear

• LLama LLover
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 06:06:40 pm »
Awsome you have of montreal tickets?!
Have you seen them lately? I used go see them ALL the time back in the day with (ya know) so I haven\'t been keeping up with them. Kevin Barnes is a super song writer.
I always thought of them as a mix of if the Beach Boys and the Kinks ever did a project together....thats what it would sound like.  The last couple of shows I did see  they were very theatrical almost like they were puttting on a play. So let me know how they are these days. I should catch up!!:)
"If it don\'t feel right you don\'t have to do it,
Just leave a message on the phone and tell them to screw it
After all is said and done you can\'t go pleasin\' everyone
So screw it"- John Lennon

StringerBell

• MY NAME IS MY NAME
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 05:06:23 pm »
I didn\'t realize Beck was that popular..

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 05:22:54 pm »
Quote from: StringerBell;201781
I didn\'t realize Beck was that popular..

what are ya, nuts ? !
*Gia*

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 04:57:17 pm »
Quote from: bellbottomtear;201729
Have you seen them lately? I used go see them ALL the time back in the day with (ya know) so I haven\'t been keeping up with them. Kevin Barnes is a super song writer.
I always thought of them as a mix of if the Beach Boys and the Kinks ever did a project together....thats what it would sound like.  The last couple of shows I did see  they were very theatrical almost like they were puttting on a play. So let me know how they are these days. I should catch up!!:)

Of Montreal is fucking fantastic. I started down the road about a year ago and never looked back. The Sunlandic Twins was what really captured me; but, Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? is possibly my favorite album of all time. Start to finish, one of the most creative, emotional, and beautifully composed studio albums. It rivals Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots in my book for raw, heartfelt emotion. Kevin Barnes is so beautifully eloquent and innovative in his lyrics, and impeccably captures some of the most complex feelings through metaphor. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THEM NEXT MONTH! then boogie down to MSTRKRFT latenight.... i wish my sister wasn\'t getting married the next day. oof!
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

lilblondie

• the FU queen
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 11:06:54 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;202838

Of Montreal is fucking fantastic. I started down the road about a year ago and never looked back. The Sunlandic Twins was what really captured me; but, Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? is possibly my favorite album of all time. Start to finish, one of the most creative, emotional, and beautifully composed studio albums. It rivals Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots in my book for raw, heartfelt emotion. Kevin Barnes is so beautifully eloquent and innovative in his lyrics, and impeccably captures some of the most complex feelings through metaphor. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THEM NEXT MONTH! then boogie down to MSTRKRFT latenight.... i wish my sister wasn\'t getting married the next day. oof!

you might want to start catching up on your sleep now.... :)
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 10:52:10 pm »
Quote from: lilblondie;202855
Quote from: princesscaspian;202838

you might want to start catching up on your sleep now.... :)

ha!!! sounds like a plan. are you coming with us, BTW? i know those hot moves you got will steal the show at MSTRKRFT......

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 12:27:33 pm »
bumpity bump bump for TOMORRRRRROW!! woooooooooooooo

just curious about the Webster Hall... anyone who has been there (or better yet, seen MSTRKRFT there) know about their dress code? it says no hats, sneakers on their website... do they really enforce this?

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 12:56:54 pm »
bumpity bump bump for TOMORRRRRROW!! woooooooooooooo

just curious about the Webster Hall... anyone who has been there (or better yet, seen MSTRKRFT there) know about their dress code? it says no hats, sneakers on their website... do they really enforce this?

I was there over the summer and it didn\'t seem like it was that big of a deal.  I wouldn\'t do T-shirt and shorts, but as long as you look respectable it shouldn\'t be a problem.

And btw...The sound @ Webster Hall is ridiculous.  In the main room your entire body vibrates from the bass.

I\'m 50/50 on MSTRKRFT.  I see Of Montreal isn\'t sold out, but I can only pull Mezz tickets.  I haven\'t been to Roseland since \'02, but i thought it was all GA.  Can someone clue me in???

Does anyone have a spot in the car passing through Port Chester?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:02:24 pm by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 01:02:33 pm »
bah! my entire car and trunk are booked right now... we could strap you to the roof? ;)

we do have a PLETHORA of extras for Of Montreal.... Im sure you could work something out with someone (me or davepeck!)

this show will be epic, i promise....  probably the best night, ever :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 01:06:52 pm »
a PLETHORA sounds like a lot of tix.  How much are tickets?

I could probably bring my ass to the party on my own...i would just need a ride back after MSTRKRFT.  I wish trains ran later than 1:50 out of Grand Central

on second thought...i might be able to get a ride home
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:06:52 pm by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 01:24:39 pm »
do it!!! i paid $20 for mine. its got your name on it. extra dry  ;)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 02:00:31 pm »
Hey, Princess:  since you and DPeck don\'t seem to mind trekking into NYC all the time, you should really add Kraak and Smaak to your show schedule on 11-8-2008.  I guarantee you will thank me.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex