Author Topic: The Indobox: 10-3-2008 (Fri.) - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT  (Read 3241 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Indobox: 10-3-2008 (Fri.) - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2008, 10:27:09 am »
Quote from: Todd;206253
Wow, this place looks worse than Mill Street (outside wise). Check it out. It\'s the one that reads "spaghetti warehouse" on it. Here\'s the back.

At least it\'s right off of I-84.

Quote from: ds673488;206259
hey it might have character

you\'ll be there.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

lizardflag

• http://www.jeffbujak.com
The Indobox: 10-3-2008 (Fri.) - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2008, 01:12:55 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;205659
jeff bujak is opening?!  haha, remember when that dude posted here?

i might go to this, not because of bujak

Meh... I\'m still around once and a while.  Did you got the show?  Not because of me... but did you have a good time?

Quote from: FrankZappa;206148
Jeff was a cool set, different in that he had a electric piano with heavy sustain and distortion so it sounded like a guitar, and a full keyboard that was doing all the bass line, piano, whatever else he needed going. He played over a laptop that was doing drum samples but the whole set was already pre-programed and he just played over it. He had his parts down and it was neat to see, but since it was all to a drum riff preprogrammed, there could only be so much improv which was kind of a let down. 99% of it was straight common time trance melody. he had one part that was in 11 and had some really good syncopation but for the most part it was a fun, albeit predictable set.

all in all a great night. now it\'s on to beck, of montreal and mstrkft!!! :banjump:

Hey brother.  Thanks for the listen.  I do infact pre-sequence my drum loops before the show.  But, improv is mostly what I do up there.  I\'m a sequencer musician not a jamband.  I have some riffs that I do in certain spots, but I do have the ability to play any progression and any riff at any time without consulting anybody on stage.  That setup at Sully\'s was a smaller setup for the limited space I had.  I usually have loopers and more samplers to mess around with.  Oh well... I had a major headache too... I remember that.  Come to a full show of mine.  I\'ll put you on the list.  :-)

The Franks were good.  High energy.  

The Indobox was on!  Great band.  The next night in Northampton, I had the opportunity to play with them again.  Great people!!!  A band to watch for sure.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 02:17:59 pm by lizardflag »
JEFF BUJAK Web | LIVEBUJ