Author Topic: Introducing: The Official "According to Yoda..." Thread!!!  (Read 17584 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Introducing: The Official "According to Yoda..." Thread!!!
« Reply #225 on: December 09, 2009, 02:07:02 pm »
What happened to Toad\'s Place and The Webster?  It seems like they\'ve been replaced with The Field and Daniel Street...  Is it because of the draw or that the new booking people don\'t have the right connections?  I\'m not bitching, just wondering...  Just looking at both websites, it looks like TB is the biggest act on both their schedules...

Would you be a shark in a small pond or a guppie in the atlantic ocean?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #226 on: December 09, 2009, 02:29:28 pm »
i\'m not going to complain about few webster shows. i was kind of hoping that the warehouse would replace it as the most viable venue, but i don\'t know how realistic that is. there are still shows at toad\'s on a semi-regular basis. i think it\'s just a product of there being fewer breakfast shows overall. to be honest, i don\'t really like breakfast shows there either.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #227 on: December 09, 2009, 02:32:18 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;248275
i\'m not going to complain about few webster shows. i was kind of hoping that the warehouse would replace it as the most viable venue, but i don\'t know how realistic that is. there are still shows at toad\'s on a semi-regular basis. i think it\'s just a product of there being fewer breakfast shows overall. to be honest, i don\'t really like breakfast shows there either.

Yeah, it was just a thought as there were 2 Toad\'s shows this year and a handful of FF were at Webster... It just seems like these places are either being weened out of the rotation or wiped off the map altogether for smaller local clubs...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #228 on: December 09, 2009, 02:55:47 pm »
There is too much empty space when they played the Webster or Toads Place. I\'ll take Eat A D Street over either of those even The Field (to me its the 2009 equivalent of playing at Rudy\'s)
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #229 on: December 09, 2009, 04:10:39 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;248273

you\'d be dead either way. both are stenohaline.
caress me, aunt jemima

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #230 on: December 09, 2009, 04:22:09 pm »
Quote from: Lexington;248296
Quote from: Yoda;248273

you\'d be dead either way. both are stenohaline.

Tell that to Lester Stillwell who was killed by a shark in the Matawan Creek in 1916... Although it\'s not a pond, Matawan Creek is a fresh water canal that has a small connection to the Atlantic Ocean...

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #231 on: December 09, 2009, 06:33:13 pm »
when i see lester i will be sure to inform him
caress me, aunt jemima

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #232 on: January 19, 2010, 11:40:10 am »
A couple questions regarding HDTV...

1. Where can I get a cheap 15\' HDMI cable
2. Where can I find a 15\' Wii component cable
3. Is there an adaptor that changes an RGB cable to HDMI

I have to set up my regular cable, dvd player (only component slot) and Wii and would prefer to limit the number of component cables...