Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-07-18 - Hop Bottom Arts And Music Festival; Hop Bottom, PA  (Read 10079 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
I: Beef Barley, The Sound, First Tube jam > See The Light^ > Metropolis#, May Fly Dissaray%, And She Was > Spunk@

^inverted; with \'Star Spangled Banner\' tease.
# with \'Hard Luck Harry\' tease and full moon jam.
% with \'Rape Me\' (Nirvana) tease.
@ with \'Hey Jude\' (The Beatles) jam.

Thanks to Klout for the updates!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Setlist: 2008-07-18 - Hop Bottom Arts And Music Festival; Hop Bottom, PA
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 02:24:20 pm »
Quote from: Klout
There was house FOB video and SBD audio. Got the guys card.

One of, if not the best show I have seen this year.

Show was probably somewhere in the 100-110 minute range

Whole set was just lettin it all hang out to the fullest

SER nannies after the show including break dancing competition, reba>the message, bug, tweeprise>OE and a mash up of about 50 other tunes in the vip tent. Good times. hoping to do both shows next weekend after last night.

not sure if national anthem is radiohead or star spangled banner
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 11:16:07 pm »
sounds ser
vip tent sounds epic
caress me, aunt jemima

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 11:35:59 pm »
i\'m still not too sure how i feel about the first tube cover.  i love the song, but it almost seems like the band is going out of their way to play phish tunes (esp. since reba is a pretty much consistent cover).  not trying to be dick, just saying
*Gia*

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 12:00:28 am »
well, coming from klout, it was probably just a jam with a 3 note bassline in which tpalms teased the First Tube riff ;)

now thats dick
caress me, aunt jemima

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 12:02:26 am »
Quote from: Lexington;196574

now thats dick
*Gia*

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 12:05:14 am »
hahahaha
caress me, aunt jemima

Ren

• what?
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 10:16:01 am »
what, phish never played a more appealing song to cover than first tube?!?  god, i hate that song, i don\'t care how "complicated" or whatever it is either.  yick.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

peaches626

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 11:07:52 am »
nice! now that looks like a fun set!!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 12:37:34 pm »
Quote from: Ren;196583
what, phish never played a more appealing song to cover than first tube?!?  god, i hate that song, i don\'t care how "complicated" or whatever it is either.  yick.

I imagine it would segue into See The Light really smoothly though. Besides, it was unfinished, so maybe they segued out of it before the most annoying part.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 01:29:15 pm »
this set looks like it was pretty fuckin fun... first tube teases from the wheelhouse last fall drove peeps nuts, I\'m sure the whole thing sounded just fine.  

as much as I liked em, I hope the band didn\'t get paid in t-shirts this time around:inky:
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 01:40:32 pm »
Quote from: Buquebus;196595
as much as I liked em, I hope the band didn\'t get paid in t-shirts this time around:inky:

same thing, different year.

:shrug: Just make sure you buy a new one at an upcoming show, brotha!
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 05:06:40 pm »
national anthem was star spangled, I couldn\'t think of the actual name of the song at the time tho, thanks.

First tube was just kinda off the cuff. Definitely not like they went out of their way to learn this tune and play it to a T.  guess they were listening to it on the ride up. There was no set list and ellis said it to d-man between songs, a few people heard em and seconded the notion.

It was a really great show though. the full moon rose over the hill top and things just got crazy from there. The full moon jam was just screaming and hooting and hollering and howling and jumping up and down, freaking out, stomping feet, flailing hands in the air,  and just letting it all hang out by the band and the crowd. Very cathartic :)

The sound was a great version. Jam went way off the beaten path immediately and it was very dark for that song.

may fly was way out there.

dangeleese once again took spunk to a whole new level.

\'And she was\' might have been the best jam of the night believe it or not.

back in the day one of this bands signatures was playing the most amazing shows on nights when attendance is less than par and just ripping it up like they were playing for 5,000 people. Even though no one ever hopes for a dooze, it\'s really good to know they haven\'t lost that ability.

really quality show though. you guys will def a agree when u hear it. I will email the guy soon and see whats up with the tapes.I also got the first 75 minutes (half way through mayfly) on digi camera vid. doubt i will do anything with it but it was cool to listen and watch it again the next day. there was also other teases that I didn\'t note and I cant remember right now. and some kid from some other band sat in on the fly on I think and she was on keys.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 05:13:45 pm by Klout »

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 07:49:26 pm »
yo klout, i met this girl yesterday who went to otwizz for undergrad, said she didnt recognize your name, but is your age. she said she used to see the breakfast a lot back in 03-04-05ish in oneonta.  her name is darlene, im probably gonna bring her to the next show i go to.  maybe youll recognize her, shes really cool.
DS Newbers

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 11:06:57 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;196604
i met this girl yesterday ... im probably gonna bring her to the next show i go to.  

Well done
Masturbation in the MFA