Author Topic: possible release...  (Read 4625 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
possible release...
« on: January 06, 2004, 11:00:37 am »
all right everyone, I\'m about to break a cardnal rule. Having finnally gotten protools for my computer, I now have the ability to transfer all my tapes before throwing them out. Yes, I said TAPES. I have a ton of old PB and Naked society on TAPE. This is the list, and I will be transfering most of it for my own listening, the question is this:

1. does any of this stuff exsist already as cd\'s and or WAV files.
2. If not, which ones don\'t exsist, and should I release them to the trading community?

Again, these are off of analog tapes, from the sources of Teddy (origional archivist) and the tapes pb used to sell at shows. This collection is the same place that Matt and I released the first show (butterfield 10/30/98) from, so the sound should be about the same if you\'ve heard that.

Before Peck reams me for even posting this, keep in mind: I\'m not trying to contaminate the trading comunity. Rather, I\'m just trying to give everyone  access to  rare shows otherwise not accessable, IF WANTED. Thats\'s why I\'m posting this first. This material will only be released if the general responce is that people want it.

that being said, here is the list. Keep in mind that the setlists given are from the bands website, I have not listened to alot of these in quite a while. Some of these shows don\'t even exsist according to the website.
-------------------------------------------------
10/11/97    Chris’ Basement – East haven, CT (Naked Society)
I. Garcian fishbowl, peaches en regalia, magic fingers, wanton song, light my fire>riders on the storm, peace frog>blue Sunday, moby dick> ¾ summertime> light my fire>hill Bill>star spangled banner, voodoo chile>warped>3rd stone from the sun>warped>anotherone bites the dust>animal, buree, hieve>sunshine of your love, mommy what’s a funkadelic?, night of the thumpasaurus people, we want the funk

5/3/98      Night’s of Columbus – East Haven, CT (Naked Society)
I. Drifting along, lemon song, funk-A*>magic finger, strange days>riders on the storm, women>razzmajazz, spanish castle magic, sikamicaneco, sparkle, you enjoy myself
   * during guitar solo, you can hear the main theme to beef barley, not yet written

5/9/98      Butterfield – Amherst, MA (Naked Society)
   No setlist given on tape

1/2/99      Brickhouse – East Haven, CT
I: In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, Episode 1, Lemon Song > Vermont Song, Puppetry, LDZ > No Glove No Love, I’m the Slime
II: Chameleon*, Superfly Phaddy Fat, Frankly Po Zest, Fire, Women, Black Magic Woman, Funk > Night of the Thumpasorus Peoples > Drunk Monk Bar, Uncle Freddy, Heather
III: Deep Elem Blues, Garcian Fishbowl, No Quarter, Magic Fingers

1/16/99   Brickhouse – East Haven, CT
I. Bouree>Grand scheme>Bouree, come softly>see the light>magic Fingers>willie the pimp, puppetry

2/13/99   Brickhouse – East Haven, CT
NOTE: according to the setlists, this show never happened.
   I: The Vermont song, episode 1 (happy), drunk monk bar, deep elm blues, LDZ

4/23/99   Puppet House – Branford, CT
I: Peaches in Regalia > Scarlet Begonias > Frankly Po Zest, Funk > The Vermont Song, Superfly Phaddy Fat, Drum Solo, Mommy What\'s a Funkadelic > Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliche.
E: Sweet Leaf

5/1/99      Prospect Pavillion – Prospect, CT
NOTE: according to the setlists, this show never happened. The tapes are not labeled as to which one is first, but I can’t see a show opening up with Thumpasaurus.
Set 1or2: Slopp, Crossroads, willie the pimp, scarlet begonias, seventies rock montage, bombtrack, I’m the slime
Set 2or1: Night of the thumpasaurus people>roadhouse blues, episode 1 (happy), drunk monk bar, LDZ>no glove, no love, Magic Fingers>the vermont song, black magic woman.

5/4/99      Donivan’s Reef – Branford, CT
I: Star Spangled Banner>2001> No glove, no love, Chameleon> Supperfly Phaddy Fat, Light my fire, Happy Birthday, Moby Dick>Vermont song, Another brick in the wall>the sound machine

8/7/99      Equator Coffee Bar – Manchester, CT
I: LDZ > Willie the Pimp > Heather, The Chicken, Puppetry, Good Times Bad Times >? Gladys Pimp > Episode 1, No Glove No Love
II: Uncle Freddy > Funk* > Drunk Monk Bar > Walk on the Wild Side, Lady Madonna, Soul Sacrifice**, Prom \'97 > Language of the Gods, Night of the Thumpasorus Peoples > Give Up the Funk (Tear the roof off the sucker), Vermont Song, Crossroads
? Not sure if it was a segue or not
** Drum Solo

8/21/99   Cosmic Bean – Hartford, CT
I: Peaches, no glove, no love, light my fire> In memory of Elizabeth reed>magic fingers>Phaddy boom baddy

1/27/00   Federal Café – Hartford, CT
NOTE: Tape lists: Little wing>Drum solo>LDZ>HDX>Frankly PoZest
I: Maggot Brain > Bugs*, Jam > Sir Psycho Sexy, Little Wing > Frankly Po Zest, Tribal Funk Affliction, The Vermont Song** > Attraction To Shade Ditty, Lit
* In the Light tease
** Different ending

4/1/00      Butterfield – Amherst, MA
NOTE: This set was never released for trade because some drunk starts singing into one of the audience mikes during no quarter
I: Garcian Fishbowl, Puppetry, No Quarter* > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Love Lake > Beef Barley > Who Knows > Beef Barley

5/12/00   Toad’s Place – New Haven, CT
I: Language of the Gods, Drunk Monk Bar, LDZ > Superfly Phaddy Fat > Space City Affair > Puppetry > Drum Solo, Funky Bill’s Circus Cliche

7/3/00      Toad’s Place – New Haven, CT
I: Buquebus > Cut Me Some Slack, See the Light > Flower Punk > Beef Barley > Son of Simpleton, Drum Solo > May Fly Disarray, Attraction to Shade Ditty > Earache My Eye > Phaddy Boom Baddy

8/26/00   Donivan’s Reef – Branford, CT
I: King Kong* > Mooboo’s Voodoo (Episode 2), The Vermont Song > Wake Up in a Coma > Legend of a Mind, Tribal Funk Affliction, Drum Solo > Another Brick in the Wall
II: Bugs, Miles Beyond, May Fly Disarray, Unmask the Batman* > Attraction to Shade Ditty > Rufus > Funky Bill’s Circus Cliché, The End
E: Mystery Roach
* First Time Played

9/14/00   Theodore’s – Springfield, MA
I: Superfly Phaddy Fat > Flower Punk > LDZ > Cut Me Some Slack, In Memory of Elizabeth Reed > Rufus > Fire, Beef Barley > Jazz Jam > Beef Barley, What the Funk > Attraction to Shade Ditty > Scarlet Begonias > No Glove No Love, Son of Simpleton, Drunk Monk Bar
E: Sir Psycho Sexy

10/20/00   Toad’s Place – New Haven, CT
I: Funk > Sundance, LDZ > Frankly Po Zest, Phaddy Boom Baddy, Gladys Pimp > May Fly Disarray

11/17/00   Butterfiled – Amherst, MA
I: Superfly Phaddy Fat > Attraction to Shade Ditty > Eat That Phone Book Coda*, Rufus > Cut Me Some Slack, Language of the Gods, Terrapin Station^ > Wake Up in a Coma > Gladys Pimp

11/30/00   Theodore’s – Springfield, MA
I: 2001 > Sundance, Heather > Puppetry, Peace Frog > Bugs > Garcian Fishbowl > Eat That Phone Book Coda
II: Miles Beyond > Lit, Tribal Funk Affliction, Scarlet Begonias > Fairy, Buquebus > Crossroads

12/28/00   Tammany Hall – Wooster, MA
I: Buquebus > Magic Fingers > Episode 1 (Happy), Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Eat That Phone Book Coda, What the Funk > Magic Fingers
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 11:03:38 am by FrankZappa »
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
possible release...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 12:12:08 pm »
Having some very rare PB would be dope. I do not mind the sound too much as i have thousands of hours in analog tape of all sorts of bands, so I am used to hiss etc.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
possible release...
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 12:16:59 pm »
I\'d love copies of every single one!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

davepeck

• Administrator
possible release...
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 12:47:28 pm »
paul, i\'ve got a big box of pb analogs from adrian and tim at my house that i\'m in the process of transferring.. so before you do anything, let\'s figure out what we have doubles of... there\'s definitely a few shows on that list that we put right to cd (no analog)..

so yeah.. just hold off for now (work on some video, dammit! :D), and we\'ll sync up at a later date.

leith

possible release...
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 01:21:15 pm »
Yeah! Yeah!  Work on some video. Needing visual images to go w/ the audio. It is almost as much fun watching these guys as listening to them.

ChrisF

possible release...
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 03:14:54 pm »
Paul, what kind of hardware did you get with pro tools? An M-Box?

Dave, if you want any help transferring analogs or if you just want me to do some i can help out.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
possible release...
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 05:54:17 pm »
paul,id absolutely love to get my hands on those tapes on disc.i know there was definately a drunken annoyingass voice screaming throughout every one of those old school shows.january 2 lizzie reed was my first pb exp.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

leith

possible release...
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 06:14:31 pm »
So Freddie your 5 yr PB anniversary just passed ? Now I am really impressed w/ the guys in PB. Having to put up w/ your ghetto ass @ most of their shows must be taxing on the guys. :p

FrankZappa

• Administrator
possible release...
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 06:24:44 pm »
Originally posted by davepeck
so yeah.. just hold off for now (work on some video, dammit! :D), and we\'ll sync up at a later date.

haha.. classic. I can do this with the computer I have set up at home right now, which is why I posted it. The video is on hold because work is way to heavy lately with the channel launching (on thursday!). I\'m gonna be in rare form at the rhcp show.

all this is ongoing in my spare time. If i post it, it will be one or two mass groups like the tobacco road shows. wont be for a while yet.

Chris - um, I got a bunch of stuff from matt. I\'ve practiced with a GD boot I have, but all I did was bounce the protools to 16 bit wav and then broke it into tracks. any advice? I haven\'t actually started the pb yet.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 06:33:45 pm by FrankZappa »
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

ChrisF

possible release...
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2004, 06:52:11 pm »
Originally posted by FrankZappa

Chris - um, I got a bunch of stuff from matt. I\'ve practiced with a GD boot I have, but all I did was bounce the protools to 16 bit wav and then broke it into tracks. any advice? I haven\'t actually started the pb yet.

Did you  just get Pro Tools Free, the demo? I wouldnt bother transferring the PB tapes if you just have a standard pc soundcard like a soundblaster. I would only transfer through digi design hardware or something just as good if you are going to trade it.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
possible release...
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2004, 09:48:25 pm »
leith,if you gotto know me youd really like me.probably not though!!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

leith

possible release...
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2004, 10:02:41 pm »
I have no doubt we would have a ser time bustin\' any and everyones chops while throwin down some brews but then again we would probably end up just bustin\' on each other. Unless ep2 was playing then I guess we would take a break to listen:)

jefft

• pbfan
    • http://www.etree.org/jefft
possible release...
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2004, 01:29:14 am »
I can\'t wait to hang with David Spade.  HSMF hopefully...Reno baby....I gotta get back on the PB train...
Cheap Sunglasses is a great song!

FrankZappa

• Administrator
possible release...
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2004, 04:34:24 am »
Originally posted by ChrisF

Did you  just get Pro Tools Free, the demo? I wouldnt bother transferring the PB tapes if you just have a standard pc soundcard like a soundblaster. I would only transfer through digi design hardware or something just as good if you are going to trade it.

yea, like I said I havent started transfering any of the pb yet... I put this up now know that I would be doing the pb in the next few months just to see what the responce was. I still got to get a lot more stuff for my comp. what sound cards you recomend?

ChrisF

possible release...
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2004, 04:38:49 am »
Originally posted by FrankZappa

yea, like I said I havent started transfering any of the pb yet... I put this up now know that I would be doing the pb in the next few months just to see what the responce was. I still got to get a lot more stuff for my comp. what sound cards you recomend?

If you want to run pro tools and want just a basic setup for transferring tapes get an m-box. it will record a stereo track from either an analog or digital source, comes with the full version of pro tools, and will run on pretty much any decent computer built i nthe last couple years.