Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-06-14 - Electric Company; Utica, NY  (Read 9009 times)

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Setlist: 2008-06-14 - Electric Company; Utica, NY
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 04:07:51 pm »
Quote from: Klout;193075
the escher\'s 3 boogie woogie dance party section and the gladys were just the highest possible highs. Too ser for words. more later.

nothing like a price is right cheerio counting contest at 6 am to close out a ser upstate run :lol:

this weekend definitely rivals the puppet house for best weekend of bfast ever.

couldn\'t have said it better myself.... the energy, the crowd, the bfam, the absolute wackiness of this weekend.... all i could think was puppet house.

if puppet house was a "page turned" in breakfast history, this weekend certainly started a new chapter for the band.

more reviews later.... sleep now....
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 04:21:11 pm »

:wah: Wow. Shoulda been there. Will anything this ser ever happen again? ............................................yes. But shit, I shoulda been there.

That is awesome of Vinnie to come out and play for a good chunk.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 04:44:33 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;193081

That is awesome of Vinnie to come out and play for a good chunk.

Good Chunk:

Masturbation in the MFA

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 05:52:55 pm »
vinnie and adg jam was the titty mcgitty.  see the light was an awesome choice. my face is still in utica.  tpalms was somewhere wicked far out there last night. prob serest show ive seen.  pretty hag right now will hook it up with my adventure later
*Gia*

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 05:56:55 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;193087
vinnie and adg jam was the titty mcgitty.  see the light was an awesome choice. my face is still in utica.  tpalms was somewhere wicked far out there last night. prob serest show ive seen.  pretty hag right now will hook it up with my adventure later

very specifically remember gavin clutching his head yelling "STOPPP ITTTT" during some of the serest moments.... fantastic

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 06:16:47 pm »
wait. WHAT? is this band ser????

peaches theres your eschers youve been waiting for
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2008, 09:06:16 pm »
thanks for cleaning up the setlist notes dave!

what a weekend. Started wednesday night with Tm Petty in Hartford, and I just got home like 7pm (sunday).
Well, I have work in 8 hours. More to come later. :lol:

Wish I could have stayed awake to see the cheerios pitchy.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 09:31:23 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;193058
Quote from: Gordo;193048
Quote from: galenas;193045
my friend (and ride) wasn\'t feeling well enough to stay because she recently had some very serious surgery.

cry me a river...

You should read people\'s posts before you reply and come off like a jackass.

Touche. Sorry, somehow I missed that part when reading the post. Thought I caught everything but I didn\'t. You\'re right on Drew, I\'m a jackass.  Sorry galenas.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 10:11:03 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;193088

very specifically remember gavin clutching his head yelling "STOPPP ITTTT" during some of the serest moments.... fantastic

funny he was doing the same thing when the front desk sent tech support (the janitor) up to the room to fix his laptop :lol:

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 10:24:11 pm »
didnt he ask the dude who didnt even know how to work a computer \'whyd they send you?\' ..Good seein you Gavin!!
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 11:27:03 pm »
here are my pictures from the non-breakfast part of the weekend if anyone is interested.

16672 cal burned
313 miles in two days
21.5 hrs (11.5 friday, 10 sat)
6:40a friday-4:30p saturday
max speed 46.5 mph
max heart 179bpm
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 11:38:53 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;193115

16672 cal burned

Giving Skeletor a run for the money?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 11:40:51 pm »
funny thing is people I had seen earlier in the week said I looked different on saturday, but I couldn\'t tell.

according to my friend Jeff at work, "Calories in Krispy Kreme glazed Kreme filled  = 340 calories per donut. So you would have to eat  49.035294117647058823529411764706  donuts roughly speaking."

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 10:29:37 am »
thats a lot of donuts
DS Newbers

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 11:26:40 am »
PR.... you looked like you wanted to die on saturday night. i have no idea how you even had the energy to sit up. you are the trooper of the weekend by far!

this show was definitely much more experimental and spaced out than the previous evening\'s show... the guys took it way out there and really just let go, and the product was an absolutely phenomenal show.

the jam> CMSS opener was the first indication of the epicness of the evening. usually this song summons a light, fun, jazzy little jam> but this one was dark and very rocky... when they dropped into CMSS, everyone knew tonight would be special.

Mayfly as usual was a great tune to dance to, really warmed everything up. things got pretty wild during the "ahoy!" section as well :),,,, I REALLY like Metropolis, the jam out of it was amazing, especially for the first time its been played.... that chris is one heck of a songwriter, might i add...

Eschers I and II were both pretty standard for me, but i think this may have been the first time i\'ve seen III and IV.... great dance party and energy from the band on this one!

Second set? forrrrrget about it. somewhere during See The Light the spaceship took off.... not sure where/when it landed but PM me if you find my melted face somewhere.... ;)
The Vinnie sit-in was really awesome, it was so cool to have someone from moe. come sit in and represent for the breakfast. a very cool gesture, and a really fantastic opening to the 2nd set.
But that Gladys Pimp was really the peak of the weekend for me. just tight jamming, dark, experimental... the crowd was in a FRENZYYYY.... i spent most of tunage dancing and trying to figure out what the heck happened during gladys pimp.... but it was a fantastic surprise (since i dont believe it was initially on the setlist?)  Cult of personality encore was a very fitting way to end the night. straight up in-your-face rockin\'.... LBoogie was allll over this one, knockin bitches over to get to the stage :lol: ;)

all in all.... what a fantastic weekend. start to finish it was hands down the best breakfast weekend run of my 8 years seeing the band.  the bfam presence this weekend was fantastic. such a great group of people with positive energy, there were smiles alllll around this weekend.... thanks to you all for making this weekend the best.

big shoutout to duane for being the most selfless person i\'ve ever come across. lboogie, aruny, pitch - couldn\'t have asked for a better roadtrip crew!!!  great chemistry, lets do it again soon :)
thanks to zee for welcoming us into his little kingdom... hes got quite a nice setup up there in utica!