Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-06-14 - Electric Company; Utica, NY  (Read 8948 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2008-06-14 - Electric Company; Utica, NY
« on: June 14, 2008, 11:12:21 pm »
I: jam > Cut Me Some Slack, May Fly Disarray*, Metropolis**, Space City Affair > Escher\'s Etchings (Parts 1-4)

II: Drum Duel^ > See The Light^# > Gypsy Queen^, The Sound, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me^^, Tunage##

E: Cult Of Personality

* with \'Riders on the Storm\' (The Doors) tease.
** first time played.
^ with Vinnie Amico from moe. on percussion.
# inverted; incomplete; with \'Hard Luck Harry\' tease.
^^ preceded by \'Somewhere Over The Rainbow\' jam; with bass solo and \'Tunage\' teases.
## with vocal jam and drum solo; with \'Ironman\' (Black Sabbath) and \'Wilson\' (Phish) teases.

cosmoechuck

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 08:11:57 am »
metropolis???  as in hte dream theater song or a new breakfast tune?  

looks ser.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 08:25:41 am »
Quote from: cosmoechuck;193041
metropolis???  as in hte dream theater song or a new breakfast tune?  

looks ser.

Lack of notation otherwise would mean its a new Breakfast song, I imagine... but I certainly wouldn\'t hold it against Dave if he lost his shit at a show like this and made an oversight on the setlist.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 09:18:36 am »
:drool:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 09:20:27 am »
Looks like a hell of way to end the two day run in Utica.  CMSS bust out, the complete Etcher\'s set, STL, Gladys, Tunage, a new tune (?), Vinnie sit in, WOW!!!  Looking forward to hearing this one.
You Lucky Bastards!

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 09:24:28 am »
seeing the enormity of this set list makes me want to puke right now.

as most of you on this board could relate, the moe>breakfast run basically was my reason for existence for the past few weeks. moe was amazing, both for the music and the company. but then when it came time for the breakfast, my friend (and ride) wasn\'t feeling well enough to stay because she recently had some very serious surgery.

it really was a tough moment for me, when it sunk in that i would have to leave after hearing only a few seconds of the breakfast. it\'s difficult really to explain. essentially it was a no-win situation for me. if i pushed to stay, i would have been screwing over my friend, which i would never do. but leaving was so amazingly painful. in the end, i know leaving was the right thing to do. but man, doing the right thing was incredibly difficult.

needless to say, i missed all you guys and i can\'t wait to listen to these shows and hear your reviews.

thanks to everyone at moe for welcoming my hubby and friends into the scene. they had a blast!

until next time, much love.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 11:20:47 am »
Quote from: galenas;193045
seeing the enormity of this set list makes me want to puke right now.

as most of you on this board could relate, the moe>breakfast run basically was my reason for existence for the past few weeks. moe was amazing, both for the music and the company. but then when it came time for the breakfast, my friend (and ride) wasn\'t feeling well enough to stay because she recently had some very serious surgery.

it really was a tough moment for me, when it sunk in that i would have to leave after hearing only a few seconds of the breakfast. it\'s difficult really to explain. essentially it was a no-win situation for me. if i pushed to stay, i would have been screwing over my friend, which i would never do. but leaving was so amazingly painful. in the end, i know leaving was the right thing to do. but man, doing the right thing was incredibly difficult.

needless to say, i missed all you guys and i can\'t wait to listen to these shows and hear your reviews.

thanks to everyone at moe for welcoming my hubby and friends into the scene. they had a blast!

until next time, much love.

cry me a river...

NIIIIIICE setlist!! Escher\'s 3 & 4!!!!!
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 12:07:22 pm »
Wow, must have been an amazing couple of days for those who made it do these.

Diana, you definitely did the right thing. Had you stayed, you probably would have felt so guilty that the show wouldn\'t be that enjoyable for you anyhow. Still a bummer though, still a bummer.
Masturbation in the MFA

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 12:22:55 pm »
ok, as with the other show, i will do a full review later.  but i have to say this was easily a top 3 show for me, might have even been the best. i felt like a whole new band was on stage...their jamming was completely out of control.  insane energy the entire night.

and as klout said, "BGE" (best gladys ever)
DS Newbers

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 12:25:44 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;193048
Quote from: galenas;193045
my friend (and ride) wasn\'t feeling well enough to stay because she recently had some very serious surgery.

cry me a river...

You should read people\'s posts before you reply and come off like a jackass.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Eldwayno

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 01:34:35 pm »
This show was a monster, high octane dance party... nearly made me forget the ripping moe. show prior... they brought it!

bonzo

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 01:41:13 pm »
wish i was there Escher\'s Etchings (1-4) sounds sick

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 02:04:54 pm »
cut me some SER!

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 03:07:53 pm »
the escher\'s 3 boogie woogie dance party section and the gladys were just the highest possible highs. Too ser for words. more later.

nothing like a price is right cheerio counting contest at 6 am to close out a ser upstate run :lol:

this weekend definitely rivals the puppet house for best weekend of bfast ever.

I thought they might blow their load and peak too early (I was pretty doozed myself till almost showtime saturday) but they definitely built it all up perfectly and got better and better all weekend and the gladys was just the cap on the pyramid. Massive versions of most every song. Their sound is really evolving and maturing and starting to outgrow these smaller venues imo. Open it up and let it all hang out baby.

Mad mad props and thanks to zee and the band and the bfam.

peaches-got your hat
gabo-got your sandals
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 10:55:42 pm by Klout »

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 03:47:20 pm »
Wow, what a weekend. Everyone was owned by the Escher\'s Pt. 3 funk jam. Talk about taking it to another level. Big props to Zee for making this weekend happen.

The Gladys jam had an \'On Our Own\' (Bobby Brown; Ghostbusters 2) tease in it by Matt. It starts around the 16:47 mark (into the song) and goes on for a good 30-40 seconds.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 01:15:10 pm by booztravlr »
Smell my mule.