Author Topic: Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey at Main Pub in Manchester Wed. 6/18  (Read 1897 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey at Main Pub in Manchester Wed. 6/18
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 01:54:57 am »
wow. absolutely incredible night of music. SO glad i went to this. completely blown away right now. awesome, awesome time.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 07:05:02 am »
words function not good describe saw what i last night. :drool:

Quote from: jocelyn;193463
Anyone who can go go to this, should. Saw them last night and they were fantastic. Actually, brahs, I\'m on JFJO tour now. I\'m writing this from inside their van.
ha, during the show I was telling people I was going to follow the tour they were so good. Last time I felt this way about seeing a band for the first time was when this kid "devo" from college dragged me out to see "psychedelic breakfast"

Quote from: princesscaspian;193355
bump... indeed.

:sigh:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 10:22:25 am »
such a great show!  I am so glad I went.  Chris, Matt, good to see you both!  we should get together more often than once a year.  

Thank you guys SO MUCH for stopping me and giving me my CF card back.  Holy crap that would\'ve sucked!  I never take that thing out and as soon as the rig was in the bag I was ready to leave...  I\'ll burn the raw wav files to a dvd and send em to ya.

Thanks again boys!

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 10:26:50 am »
hey krispy, are you "the other" chris? I\'m paul, the one that went to the car to take a nap while you guys were trying to transfer the flash card. Good to (kind of) meet you. :lol:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 10:32:29 am »
didn\'t even realize you were there, chris. bummer.

oh, and the nachos were definitely "bangin\'". wasn\'t hungry when we got there, but they were pretty damn clutch around midnight.

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 10:42:27 am »
Quote from: davepeck;193567

oh, and the nachos were definitely "bangin\'". wasn\'t hungry when we got there, but they were pretty damn clutch around midnight.

I looked for you for a minute but didn\'t see your big TL\'s and figured you didn\'t make it.  You didn\'t tape?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 10:50:51 am »
Quote from: krispy;193574

I looked for you for a minute but didn\'t see your big TL\'s and figured you didn\'t make it.  You didn\'t tape?

no TLs here, but no, i didn\'t bother last night. knew it would be covered, and decided to take a night off and unwind instead.

i\'m still in awe. really wish i wasn\'t sick in LA back in april when the b\'fast opened for them and i left before they went on.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 11:13:07 am »
Glad you all went. If that was your first JFJO show just know that the next time you see them on a different tour it wlll be totally different but you will probably still love it.

That band is amazing. Did Peter play his circular saw blades? That was a trip.

Oh and if you forgot 2 make sure to pick up the new album it is SER!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 11:18:49 am »
Quote from: leith;193577
Glad you all went. If that was your first JFJO show just know that the next time you see them on a different tour it wlll be totally different but you will probably still love it.

no circular saw blades.

i think between our 2 little groups that we had there last night, all albums from both JFJO and the opening band (don\'t recall their name, but they were very good) were purchased.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 11:33:38 am »
Quote from: davepeck;193579

no circular saw blades.

i think between our 2 little groups that we had there last night, all albums from both JFJO and the opening band (don\'t recall their name, but they were very good) were purchased.

:that: fitzy got the new album, I got the 2 older jfjo albums and sara got an album that was either a solo project from someone in jfjo, or it was the opening act. :thumbsup:

Leith, can you suggest some good shows to download/links?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 11:44:04 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;193583

no circular saw blades.

:that: fitzy got the new album, I got the 2 older jfjo albums and sara got an album that was either a solo project from someone in jfjo, or it was the opening act. :thumbsup:

yep. sarah and kara both got one of the opening band\'s albums (the same one), and kara traded it in for their other album at the end of the night.

AND i made 3 new girl talk fans on the ride home. :D

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 11:48:42 am »
Quote from: davepeck;193590
AND i made 3 new girl talk fans on the ride home. :D

:banjump:

also, great (re)meeting sarah john and kara. John is like a cross between overexjoesure and myself musically. That conversation was a major overload of information, and it was before any music was even played... had me on edge and waiting for something great and the openers were great let alone the face melting that was jfjo! Great group, great night all around. Get them out to more shows peck! :thumbsup:

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 11:51:49 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;193583

no circular saw blades.

Leith, can you suggest some good shows to download/links?

LMA and check out any of their High Sierra Sets from any year they played.
I like shows from \'03 and this tour is nuts like that one.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 12:13:26 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;193575
Quote from: krispy;193574

no TLs here, but no, i didn\'t bother last night. knew it would be covered, and decided to take a night off and unwind instead.

i\'m still in awe. really wish i wasn\'t sick in LA back in april when the b\'fast opened for them and i left before they went on.

Who is the Breakfast taper with TL\'s?  Kmds?  I coulda sworn that was you...  Oh well, too bad we didn\'t hook up last night.  Next time!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 02:05:37 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;193575

I actually wanted to see them in SF the night we went to Antojeria Tamarindo; I figured 1 more show to your roster that week would have been an overload.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex