Author Topic: Ridgefield Playhouse  (Read 3006 times)

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Ridgefield Playhouse
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 12:36:36 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;191303
Quote from: Me!;191291
The Beach Boys
6/12/2008

at 8pm  \\Ticket Price:
Please call for prices

this one\'s at the Ives center but the same people run it (the people that used to run Premier) so I threw it in here.

You get a job @ the Ridgefield playhouse/ Ives Ctr or something Mandangler?  I know they\'re in your backyard and all, but what\'s with all the fluffin\'?  I mean, I can see the Mohegan Allstars, \'cause Maceo is sick, but the Beach Boys...?  What\'s it gonna cost to see Mike Love and Brian Wilson slumped over their mic stands incoherently babbling what sounds like it used to be Kokomo?

Honestly I\'ve never listened to the Beach Boys, I cetainly won\'t be going.  When I was in the van Tim was always preaching Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys, hence I figured there might be some people on here that would be interested.  It basically boils down to being bored when I get home from work.

I really would like to try and make that Mohegan All Stars show though, Maceo Parker is def sick.  Matt "guitar" Murphey would be kinda cool to see too.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

galenas

• Global Moderator
Ridgefield Playhouse
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 02:33:53 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote;191386
Quote from: galenas;191278
cool, but which show, thatguy?

Quote from: thatguy;191283
ridgefield CT.TLG

:thumbsup:  Nice.  I thought you were talking Yonder Mountain.  Better bill IMO.

yonder mountain never really did it for me, although my friend out in san fran swears by \'em and says they rip it up out there. whatever.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Ridgefield Playhouse
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2008, 03:36:09 pm »
Quote from: galenas;191591
Quote from: wildcoyote;191386
Quote from: galenas;191278
cool, but which show, thatguy?

Quote from: thatguy;191283
ridgefield CT.TLG

:thumbsup:  Nice.  I thought you were talking Yonder Mountain.  Better bill IMO.

yonder mountain never really did it for me, although my friend out in san fran swears by \'em and says they rip it up out there. whatever.

Your friend needs to be checking out Hot Buttered Rum
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Ridgefield Playhouse
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 12:22:08 pm »
I\'m baaaaack........

POPA CHUBBY - Electric Chubbyland
Popa Chubby plays the music of Jimi Hendrix!
Saturday - 8/15/2009
8:00pm | All Ages | $37.50

Electric Chubbyland, a two-disc set of Chubby covering Jimi Hendrix songs, appeared from Dixiefrog in 2005, and then was repackaged and issued as two single discs by Blind Pig in 2007. After the international success of Electric Chubbyland, Popa hits hard with sheer power and raw blues rock anthems on Deliveries After Dark, his latest 13 track release in late 2007 on Dixiefrog. Popa Chubby continues to play more than 200 dates a year including major blues festivals throughout the world. more ...

LITTLE FEAT & HOT TUNA
Presented by The Ridgefield Playhouse and Premier Concerts
at The Warner Theater in Torrington, CT
Friday - 8/21/2009
7:30pm | All Ages | $44.50 - $74.50

HOT TUNA continues to rock the stage! The music of Jefferson Airplane founding members and Rock and Roll Hall-of-Famers Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady sound better than ever!

LITTLE FEAT, Best known as a Southern- fried blues band, weaves a sound that transcends blues boundaries with California rock, Dixie- inflicted funk-boogie, rockabilly, folk and jazz. more...

JOHN SEBASTIAN & DAVID GRISMAN
Wednesday - 10/28/2009
8:00pm | All Ages | $60 - $65

Their musical history dates back to college days at New York University circa 1963 when the Greenwich Village folk revival was in its\' heyday. They made their first recording together as members of the Even Dozen Jug Band with future luminaries Maria Muldaur, Stefan Grossman and others. The rest, of course is musical history. John Sebastian became lead singer and songwriter of one of America\'s most popular bands - the Lovin\' Spoonful and David Grisman spearheaded an acoustic music revolution with his genre-defying "Dawg" music.

Finally, after a 40+ year hiatus, their paths crossed again at a benefit concert in Mill Valley, California. After this mutually enjoyable evening of spontaneous music, it became obvious that they would continue collaborating and the result is Satisfied - a stunning collection of acoustic duets featuring traditional folk tunes, blues, classy instrumentals and originals by these two legendary masters.

and for all you Yankee fans out there.....

Bernie Williams
10/10/2009
Special Guest Gil Parris
Danbury Audi Jazz Series

Critically acclaimed guitarist/songwriter and famed NY Yankees star BERNIE WILLIAMS has signed a recording contract with REFORM RECORDS for his sophomore album MOVING FORWARD. The Puerto Rico native and five-time All Star is a classically- trained musician who developed his love for playing guitar alongside baseball, while listening to salsa, merengue and 80’s rock. MOVING FORWARD embraces those early influences, while also reflecting a unique mixture of classical and jazz guitar topped-off with additional Latin rhythms.

“ When I heard this CD, I was blown away by his talent,” says former Beatle, Sir Paul McCartney. In fact, McCartney was so impressed that he recently signed Williams to a publishing deal with his company, one of the largest and most prestigious music publishing firms in the world. While few young athletes have either the inclination or time to pursue serious study of music, Williams credits his musical side for playing an important part in his baseball success.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:25:06 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

GLuft3

Ridgefield Playhouse
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 11:34:08 pm »
Wow!  Impressive lineup.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!