Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-05-16 - Rocks Off Boat Cruise; New York, NY  (Read 8394 times)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Setlist: 2008-05-16 - Rocks Off Boat Cruise; New York, NY
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 12:17:04 am »
def. looks like joc and juliana, good to see carla ragin also !!
*Gia*

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2008, 12:20:42 am »
man oh man. what a blast. can\'t wait to give this show another listen (assuming/hoping it was taped).

my brother in law had a classic case of ser face ownage last night over adrian\'s playing. and i have to agree, the dude was on fire. what i loved was that the crowd literally was only like three feet from his drum set, so the energy was just overwhelming. there were times when i was like, "whoa buddy, pace yourself" but then he just kept building and building to the point where you just wanted to explode. incredible, really. blows away any drummer i\'ve personally seen live perhaps with the only exception being neil pert. that guy\'s just a machine. (love the hair cut, adrian!)

wish matt were a tad bit louder. i was standing right smack in the middle and it wasn\'t quite balanced out with tim\'s guitar. but matty o sure can set a groove. i was getting down at one point during HB, i believe, with an Indobox kid and he was really feeling matt\'s rhythmic styling (as was i)!

i forget what jam it was but there was a point when tim was doing some crazy sound effect shit that completely blew my mind.

chris was solid, as always.

amerrrrica! amerrrica! god shed his grace on thee!

wassabi!!!!  

time to get new glasses...

breakfast fam unbeatable in my book! thanks for posting those photos, princess!

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2008, 02:18:30 am »
Quote from: jocelyn;190109
Fun pics Elisa. But, this is weird. I have never ever thought this before, but in this picture, doesn\'t ulee (I am assuming I have the correct person) kind of look (a lot) like me?

rotfl that is pretty amazing joc. it\'s all about the angle, but you make a very valid point.... lil creepy ;)
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2008, 05:48:52 am »
that kitty is real cute
caress me, aunt jemima

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2008, 09:56:19 am »
Quote from: ds673488;190112
i also think diana in that pic sort of looks like a girl version of tim (i think its the glasses)

Yeah she kind of looks like a shorter Heather....

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2008, 10:55:44 am »
ok, people. i\'m creeped out. please move on....

and joc -- when i was scrolling through the thread and saw the pic of you w/ the cat, i initially thought it was a pic of julliana from before the cruise or something. so funny!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 10:55:44 am by galenas »

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2008, 11:28:38 am »
Quote from: galenas;190140

:lol:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 11:35:21 am »
Quote from: galenas;190128

i forget what jam it was but there was a point when tim was doing some crazy sound effect shit that completely blew my mind.

that will happen.
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2008, 11:46:00 am »
Quote from: sconnie4satan;190148
Quote from: galenas;190128

that will happen.

lol, yeah, it wasn\'t the first time and certainly won\'t be the last!

peaches626

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2008, 11:54:27 am »
Very fun cruise.  Rain did not deter any energy that I could tell.  In fact, with the plastic windows all up, it got pretty hot and sweaty in that joint a few times and it felt good to retreat to the bow for some cool breeze and tasty rain.  That\'s right, I drink rain.  

Right from the get go, the heavy hitters came.  Adrian was just BUILDING hard luck like crazy with HUGE drum fills/rolls/noise like thunder.  HoneyButter was much fun and definitely got my juices flowing. Get it?  World needs us was great, and I think Matt\'s singing is better than ever.  By Gravity I was gettin wasted and loving everything, but I do remember it hitting very good peaks and Overexposure throwing down SER untz so much that I was talkin shit to Zuke for missin it...

Thanks to RudeBwoy Laslo for hostin me and Geoff Mitchill, and it was a pleasure meeting you PennyRedstarChristine ( i think) and FizzleFestCraig ( i\'m pretty sure).

Hiiiiyooooo!!
(which means "boat" in Hungarian)
taints rule, gypsies drool!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2008, 12:57:39 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;190138
Quote from: ds673488;190112
i also think diana in that pic sort of looks like a girl version of tim (i think its the glasses)

Yeah she kind of looks like a shorter Heather....

Diana should be noted in the picture as:

*Heather tease
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 01:00:12 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2008, 02:02:29 pm »
Quote from: galenas;190140

and joc -- when i was scrolling through the thread and saw the pic of you w/ the cat, i initially thought it was a pic of julliana from before the cruise or something. so funny!

I too am creeped out. ;)

I\'m not catching the resemblance, but I\'ll take it... :)
I\'ve also been told by like 5 strangers that I look like Julia Stiles and everyone who knows me says I don\'t, so I guess it\'s all about the angles.

Just to reiterate: The boat was a f\'ing blast, so happy to share such a fun night with y\'all !

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2008, 03:06:33 pm »
Well, I don\'t really think we look like each other much, it\'s really just that photo. Definitely the angles. :lol:
Masturbation in the MFA

Penny Redstar

• http://pennyredstar.wordpress.com/
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2008, 03:48:48 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;190152

Thanks to RudeBwoy Laslo for hostin me and Geoff Mitchill, and it was a pleasure meeting you PennyRedstarChristine ( i think) and FizzleFestCraig ( i\'m pretty sure).

Yes, you are correct!  Good to meet you too.  Def. had a blast on this cruise, wished it could have been longer....but still a great time was had!:D

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2008, 08:33:44 pm »
quit lying you two. I\'m on to you. Now that I think back, I don\'t recall ever seeing Joc AND ulee at the same show. I\'m calling you out Joculee, You\'re really the same person!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke