Author Topic: Spike\'s “1000 Ways to Die”  (Read 1643 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Spike\'s “1000 Ways to Die”
« on: May 11, 2008, 11:51:09 am »
If learning of how others die fascinates you in some way, we have a show to tell you about.

“1000 Ways to Die” combines the science of living and the randomness of death with a dash of Darwinism.

To some degree, we are all fascinated with death and our own mortality.  That’s why when you tune into Spike TV’s new two-part special “1,000 Ways to Die,” you may be slightly disturbed, yet you’ll be unable to turn away.  

With creative graphics cues from "Tales from the Crypt" combined with a dash of "Scarred," Spike\'s producers have flavored their latest grim reaper reality TV with a few laughs for good measure.

Created by Thom Beers, producer of “The Deadliest Catch” on the Discovery Channel, “1,000 Ways to Die” is a show about people who died stupid, avoidable deaths or otherwise met an untimely demise.  

What actually happens when a rattlesnake\'s venom enters a human’s bloodstream? How do Nitrogen bubbles affect the body after long exposure under water then immediately to 2 miles up into the sky?

These questions and many more will be answered in this original special in glorious CGI effects in the two-part special of true stories of actual deaths and recreates them through acting, colorful narration along with the commentary of pathologists, toxicologists, and other forensic experts.

The medium of voyeuristic reality TV delivers a new show that is funny, horrifying, and educational all at once.  

Part I

Premieres Wednesday, May 14 (11:00 – 11:30 PM, ET/PT)
Encores Wednesday, May 14 (11:30 PM – Midnight, ET/PT)

Friday, May 16 (Midnight – 12:30 AM, ET/PT)

Wednesday, May 21 (11:30 PM – Midnight, ET/PT)

Friday, May 23 (Midnight – 12:30 AM, ET/PT)  

Saturday, May 24 (2:00 – 2:30 PM, ET/PT)

Part II

Premieres Wednesday, May 21 (11:00 – 11:30 PM, ET/PT)
Encores Friday, May 23 (12:30 – 1:00 AM, ET/PT)

Saturday, May 24 (2:30 – 3:00 PM, ET/PT).

Forensic experts, pathologists, toxicologists, herpetologists, and other experts offer eloquent explanations of mortality.  All the cases included in the special are based on true stories of actual deaths.  

source

discuss.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Dweasel Weasel

• b\'fam legal counsel
Spike\'s “1000 Ways to Die”
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 12:19:23 pm »
This is the 7th sign of the apocalypse.
Just looking for peace.  Seriously.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon