Author Topic: DUI/DWI Talk  (Read 12964 times)

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2009, 04:07:24 pm »
Quote from: TeddyT;245139
Does anyone here in .infoland know any good experienced OUI lawyers in Massachusetts? If so, can you send me a PM/email with their contact info. I am trying to get a list of lawyers to call this week. Thanks.

I don\'t know if he\'s any good, but this site has some great info to help you out!
MA OUI attorney
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

TeddyT

DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2009, 04:21:25 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;245143
Quote from: TeddyT;245139
Does anyone here in .infoland know any good experienced OUI lawyers in Massachusetts? If so, can you send me a PM/email with their contact info. I am trying to get a list of lawyers to call this week. Thanks.

I don\'t know if he\'s any good, but this site has some great info to help you out!
MA OUI attorney

Thank you Mrs. Tickler. I have read most of the googled pages having to do with DUI/DWI/OUI in the state of MA. I will be doing a lot more reading on the subject and hopefully find a great DUI lawyer to handle my case.

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2009, 07:10:58 pm »
Quote from: cannontrip;245134
Sleeping in car instead of dui - good advice; If I owned/managed a place that sold booze I would fully support this; I\'d like to see law that provides some kind of protection for people who make the responsible decision not to dui.  I\'d be worried that the establishment or the cops would find me sleepin in the car and tell me I had to leave.  Although your point still stands that any consequences of not driving do not compare to a dui shitstorm.

Has anyone encountered police or a bouncer while sleeping it off in your car?  How did you handle it?
any advice appreciated

I\'ve definitely had the cops and bar staff tell me I had to leave while sleeping it off.  I remember a few times at the Iron Horse (with the po-po station right across the street) one of those times was the previously mentioned incident with the car running and the sleeping bag.  I understand why they stopped by, in the middle of winter with the exhaust plume behind the only car in the lot.  Another time we got bothered was around the corner from Toads... another cold night with the engine running for heat.  I woke up just in time to see a cop pull in behind us.  As he was getting out of the car I grabbed the keys out of the ignition.  He came up to the window and knocked, luckily it turned out to be a Yale cop.  He told me not to run the engine while sitting there in case "a real cop" comes by... which i thought was kinda funny and nice of him.  In the end they can\'t make you drive drunk... whether they like you sleeping there or not.  I\'ve never had more than minor harrassment with nothing ever coming of it, and I\'ve never had to leave.  I\'ve slept in some not so desirable neighborhoods where I was less scared of the Police than someone jackin\' me for my ride (Webster - had to pull out of the lot and park on the street or be locked in the fence), but even those nights I ended up fine in the end.  I almost always bring a -20 sleeping bag and a pillow in the winter just in case so I\'m never really cold and some fleece blankets in the summer and lock the car up tight.  Obviously, some venues are much better than others but if you shouldn\'t be driving, you shouldn\'t be driving.  Getting a hotel is much easier but the car is a lot cheaper and you can leave the minute you\'re good to go, besides, it probably won\'t be that easy to find a hotel, check-in and find your room at 2:00 in the morning... drunk.  It ain\'t perfect but it\'s kept me outta trouble many a night.
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2009, 03:14:24 am »
Quote from: Bret;245154
Quote from: cannontrip;245134
Sleeping in car instead of dui - good advice; If I owned/managed a place that sold booze I would fully support this; I\'d like to see law that provides some kind of protection for people who make the responsible decision not to dui.  I\'d be worried that the establishment or the cops would find me sleepin in the car and tell me I had to leave.  Although your point still stands that any consequences of not driving do not compare to a dui shitstorm.

Has anyone encountered police or a bouncer while sleeping it off in your car?  How did you handle it?
any advice appreciated

I\'ve definitely had the cops and bar staff tell me I had to leave while sleeping it off.  I remember a few times at the Iron Horse (with the po-po station right across the street) one of those times was the previously mentioned incident with the car running and the sleeping bag.  I understand why they stopped by, in the middle of winter with the exhaust plume behind the only car in the lot.  Another time we got bothered was around the corner from Toads... another cold night with the engine running for heat.  I woke up just in time to see a cop pull in behind us.  As he was getting out of the car I grabbed the keys out of the ignition.  He came up to the window and knocked, luckily it turned out to be a Yale cop.  He told me not to run the engine while sitting there in case "a real cop" comes by... which i thought was kinda funny and nice of him.  In the end they can\'t make you drive drunk... whether they like you sleeping there or not.  I\'ve never had more than minor harrassment with nothing ever coming of it, and I\'ve never had to leave.  I\'ve slept in some not so desirable neighborhoods where I was less scared of the Police than someone jackin\' me for my ride (Webster - had to pull out of the lot and park on the street or be locked in the fence), but even those nights I ended up fine in the end.  I almost always bring a -20 sleeping bag and a pillow in the winter just in case so I\'m never really cold and some fleece blankets in the summer and lock the car up tight.  Obviously, some venues are much better than others but if you shouldn\'t be driving, you shouldn\'t be driving.  Getting a hotel is much easier but the car is a lot cheaper and you can leave the minute you\'re good to go, besides, it probably won\'t be that easy to find a hotel, check-in and find your room at 2:00 in the morning... drunk.  It ain\'t perfect but it\'s kept me outta trouble many a night.

lots of good info, thanks!!
♥♫∞

inthewhitelodge

DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2009, 07:13:32 pm »
So, the next time I say I\'m too broke to afford a hotel, I\'ll rationalize getting one anyway, because it sure beats the cost of life, lawyers, or criminal charges!
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave: