Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-03-22 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT  (Read 8842 times)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Setlist: 2008-03-22 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 08:12:03 am »
awesome show.  second set was where it was at.  mooboo\'s and world needs us were clear highlights. ten years gone was pretty much dead on

see yall in northampton
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 09:26:21 am »
Quote from: DocEllis70;184136
despite the usual lack of crowd at toads,

Adding together my friends in the 21 & over side, and the under 21 side, I had 15 people there (not including myself).  Point being, people really need to bring in new friends who have never heard the band before....by word of mouth, those friends will bring more friends.

In any case, amazing show.  Chris is an awesome addition to the band.  I think last night cemented that.  The energy was fantastic.

Quote from: FreeSpirit;184164
Quote from: Ren;184147
what 100 people at the most?  i don\'t know what the hell is wrong with people.  it\'s bullshit, these guys play would their fuckin\' hearts out to 3 people, goddamn it, imagine what they\'d do with, say, 500....

true, but I saw many new faces at the show last night.  All were completely in awe of the solid, tight jams from the boys on stage. :awwyeah: Lots of kids on the under 21 side having a BLAST!!!  

Also, thanks to everyone who contributed to our food-for-thought drive - we had a really great turnout for this cause ... I\'ll have final stats on the amount of items & cash donated tomorrow when I drop off the goods in \'staven.

Robyn, i feel soooo bad. in the chaos of the evening, I completely forgot.  Next show you guys collect, i\'ll bring double.  i hate not contributing to a good cause.  And as for the under 21 side, that was the place to be....
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:27:29 am by SkyePrizm »

jefmcc

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 10:55:15 am »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;184164
Quote from: Ren;184147
what 100 people at the most?  i don\'t know what the hell is wrong with people.  it\'s bullshit, these guys play would their fuckin\' hearts out to 3 people, goddamn it, imagine what they\'d do with, say, 500....

true, but I saw many new faces at the show last night.  All were completely in awe of the solid, tight jams from the boys on stage. :awwyeah: Lots of kids on the under 21 side having a BLAST!!!  

Also, thanks to everyone who contributed to our food-for-thought drive - we had a really great turnout for this cause ... I\'ll have final stats on the amount of items & cash donated tomorrow when I drop off the goods in \'staven.

Hope it goes to a good home. :)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 12:00:17 pm »
the under 21 side was going absolutely insane.  i dont even know if most of them were at toads for the breakfast originally, or if they just stuck around after the openers that they came to see.  in any case, they were doing everything from mosh pitting, to what looked like square dancing, to just jumping up and down wildly in a big circle.  i was tempted to go over there at one point and join the maddness, but then i realized beer was more important.
DS Newbers

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 12:12:08 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;184202
the under 21 side was going absolutely insane.  i dont even know if most of them were at toads for the breakfast originally, or if they just stuck around after the openers that they came to see.  in any case, they were doing everything from mosh pitting, to what looked like square dancing, to just jumping up and down wildly in a big circle.  i was tempted to go over there at one point and join the maddness, but then i realized beer was more important.

absolutely awesome to hear!! looks like this band\'s got a nice little future still ahead of them.

remember when drew was the .info youngin? :)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 01:19:25 pm »
Quote from: galenas;184204
remember when drew was the .info youngin? :)

Even at age 23, still the OFFICIAL youngster :drew:
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

fizzlefest

• Your Mom...
    • http://www.craigwendler.com
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 02:30:22 pm »
I guess that puts me up there with the old farts.  :rip:

:P

Kaliguitar

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2008, 03:23:59 pm »

That was mostly the crowd that came to hear Caitlin\'s boyfriend\'s band. The first band of the night.  Cait got them to stick around and then we gave a few rides home after....the Breakfast definitely won over some new fans.  Those kids were pumped after the show.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 03:53:10 pm »
Quote from: Kaliguitar;184223

That was mostly the crowd that came to hear Caitlin\'s boyfriend\'s band. The first band of the night.  Cait got them to stick around and then we gave a few rides home after....the Breakfast definitely won over some new fans.  Those kids were pumped after the show.

nice!
DS Newbers

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 03:59:50 pm »
Looks like a killer show. Glad you all had a good time.

I guess I need to catch the new band 1 of these days.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

rcoster38

• blue
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 08:36:34 pm »

hahah i actually went over for a tune to rage with them.  they were definitely diggin the breakfast to say the least

my little bro was over there with a couple of his friends.  i brought my bro to the toads show before new years and he is totally hooked, and i think his buds are too now
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 08:42:54 pm by rcoster38 »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2008, 08:58:47 pm »
heh. i had a 1-show noob and a 0-show noob with me as well...

makes you wonder where all the "fans" were...

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2008, 09:06:33 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;184257

good to hear it was mostly new faces there. Wish I could have made it, but the budget has been tight lately.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2008, 11:13:47 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;184257

maybe next time they play Toads Tim or Adrian should say its their last show to get the \'fans\' out

your cousin and her friend were dying for a Lit bust out, but Im sure they had fun otherwise..
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2008, 11:15:56 pm »
Jeez I am really dying to hear these new songs live.
Masturbation in the MFA