Author Topic: SCSU Swimmer (and CT Native) Melting Faces at NCAA Championships  (Read 1349 times)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
Kristen Frost Tallies Third National Title In As Many Days

COLUMBIA, Mo. – Sophomore Kristen Frost (Madison, Conn.) of the Southern Connecticut State University women’s swimming and diving team won her third national championship in as many days on Friday as she took the national title in the 500-yard freestyle during the third day of competition at the NCAA Division II Swimming and Diving Championships at Mizzou Aquatics Center on the campus of University of Missouri.

Frost finished the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 4:45.69, more than six seconds better than Truman State’s ***** Polette, who finished second. The national championships is the third of the week for Frost, who captured the 200-yard freestyle on Thursday and set a new NCAA Division II record while winning the 1,000-yard freestyle on Wednesday.

Also in the 500-yard freestyle on Friday, SCSU sophomore Cody Hall (Parker, Colo.) garnered All-America accolades as she placed eighth with a time of 5:07.39.

Also on Friday, the Owls fielded a team in the 800-yard freestyle relay. The quartet of junior Rachel Heyer (Stratford, Conn.), Hall, Frost and sophomore Emily Sundel (West Hartford, Conn.) teamed up to finish 11th with a time of 7:46.05.

The Owls return to action on March 15 for the fourth and final day of action at the NCAA Division II Swimming and Diving Championships.

Kristen Frost 3, Life 0

Did I mention that I love my job to an admittedly psychotic level?
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California