Author Topic: Jimi Hendrix 07.30.1970  (Read 1279 times)

tiedyetoga

Jimi Hendrix 07.30.1970
« on: December 23, 2003, 08:21:43 am »
1970 07-30 Maui, HI

1st show

01) Chuck Wein Intro
02) Tune Up
03) Spanish Castle Magic
04) Lover Man
05) Hey Baby (The Land Of The New Rising Sun)»
06) In From The Storm
07) Message To Love
08) Foxy Lady
09) Hear My Train A Comin\'
10) Voodoo Child (slight return)»
11) drum solo»
12) Fire
13) Purple Haze

2nd show

01) Dolly Dagger»
02) Villanova Junction »
03) Ezy Ryder
04) Red House
05) Freedom
06) Beginning»
07) Straight Ahead
08) Hey Baby (The Land Of The New Rising Sun)»
09) Midnight Lightning»
10) Race With The Devil»
11) drum solo»
12) Stone Free»
13) Hey Joe»
14) Stone Free (con\'t)

Plug Your Ears lists this show\'s source as:
audio: soundboard recording, 105 minutes, excellent quality (1-21) (drums overdubbed by Mitch at Electric Lady)

This is certainly the version with the drums overdubed, and even though PYE lists a version with the original drums, I have yet to see it in circulation.  This tape is 2 analog generations from the stereo safety masters with the drum overdubs.

When Alan Douglas was in charge of the "vault", soundboards went in and out.  One of these was the stereo safety master from this Maui show.  All cuts on this tape are on the safety master, it is unknown if these cuts are on the multi-track masters with the original drums.  The safety master was copied to VHS, this was in the late 70s/early 80s before DATs made an appearance with traders.  The safety master made it back into the "vault", and the 1st generation VHS was the best available source.  The person who owns this did make a few copies for select people, leaving them with a second generation source.  This original person still has the 1st gen source, but is currently out of the trading business.  Until then, this is the best source to be found.  This has been speed corrected, but no other alterations have been made.

/
This has some of the most amazing guitar riffs I have ever heard. The vocals are low, but Hendrix just goes to another planet. This is amazing if you can find it and it\'s a must listen.