Author Topic: The Darjeeling Limited  (Read 2864 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The Darjeeling Limited
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 06:11:34 pm »
So is Bill Murray the dad or not?

I still say no, but am not positive.

I think his representation is simpler: "Leave your business behind."
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

SkyePrizm

• separator
The Darjeeling Limited
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 10:54:54 am »
Quote from: Gordo;184933
So is Bill Murray the dad or not?

I still say no, but am not positive.

I think his representation is simpler: "Leave your business behind."

I think Bill Murray was the dad.....

I finally watched this movie last night.  Absolutely loved it. I think anyone who has come from a slightly dysfunctional family (well who hasn\'t?) can relate.   I love the scene where Owen Wilson\'s character orders for them.  Classic.  Also, the dynamics of the brothers.  How they try to keep secrets from each other, but it they almost "tell" on each other. Loved it.  

Oh, and i loved Natalie Portman\'s mili-second cameo at the end....

The characters felt very real.  There was a true heart behind this.  The way it was shot, directed, wrtitten... I thought this was just damn beautiful.  Funny in that quirky way, not the laugh out loud.  I love the way the "baggage" is thrown at the end. Great symbolism...Sometimes you just have to get on that train and go....

So far for my rental choices, I\'ve been two for two in the last month (just watched Into the Wild the previous week).  

"I love the way this country smells. I\'ll never forget it. It\'s kind of spicy"

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The Darjeeling Limited
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 03:31:43 pm »
For Shizm SkyePrizm! Glad you seem to like it as much I do.

Frances=Mama\'s Boy
Peter=Papa\'s Boy
Jack=Unloved child trying to fill that void through unhealthy relationships
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

dannybiscuits

The Darjeeling Limited
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 05:33:19 pm »
I can\'t believe no one made mention of the sexy ass train slave. Clearly she was the most important person in the whole movie
I scratch my mind I think about life and stuff sometimes but shits ruff!