Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-01-26 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 8596 times)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
Setlist: 2008-01-26 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 12:15:27 am »
"The Sound" is the first time I\'ve heard a new Breakfast song and thought:

"This sounds like a Breakfast song"

I\'m honestly not sure what that means, though, but I\'m pretty sure it\'s a good thing.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 12:24:34 am »
we really are lucky bastards
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 12:30:23 am »
listening to the show now.... wow!

love the reworked "world needs us"... i mean i loved the original, but this one is way more fluid.... "the sound" is fuckin sweeeeet!!! cannot wait to groove to this one. queeb = huge as usual.

wish i was there to feel the energy, but it sounds like the place was bumpin. can\'t wait for the acoustic run :)
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Kaliguitar

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 07:26:04 am »
Scary night!!!  I mean I was getting hooked by the time Tim\'s solo in Tunage came along and it went from there straight up!!  "The Sound"..announced by Tim as an "Adrian Tune" was great and Matt\'s tune is destined to be one of those epic feel good and groove songs.  It\'s been a while since I\'ve been to a Breakfast show (two Toad\'s gigs back) and I was surprised (or not) at how much Matt has become part of the band.  He just blew me away Saturday.  As far as Chris....I met him upstairs before the show.  Nice guy, seems hard not to like him.  If you had to replace Ron (still tough to swallow) Chris is a great choice. Fantastic player who obviously has been working hard to make the transition smooth.

Said in an earlier post. BEST HONEY BUTTER EVER!!!!!  I AGREEEEEEEEEEEE:)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 07:47:13 am »
I listened to the whole show last night.

Overall it\'s very good.

THe jams are all big time.

thoroughly enjoyed hb for a change.

Chris was clearly meant to be.

The transition has been better than seamless.

Rust is definitely coming along and the melodica intro was a nice touch.

cop was as I expected. Must have been awesome live.

Tpalms was really on fire this show, which was nice to hear.

Been a awhile since I have heard him rip it up this hard.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 08:55:20 am »
i *just* remembered, and i\'m shocked no one else has pointed it out yet, but The Vermont Song actually had the a capella ending. not sure when the last time that had been done, but it\'s got to be a while.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 09:34:41 am »
Quote from: davepeck;177871
i *just* remembered, and i\'m shocked no one else has pointed it out yet, but The Vermont Song actually had the a capella ending. not sure when the last time that had been done, but it\'s got to be a while.

I believe they did it when they played Psychedelic Breakfast (the album) in its entirety... whenever that was.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2008, 09:56:34 am »
suprised no one else has mentioned either, tim and matt reworked their fills in score. They now do several of the horn chart lines from the studio version. First time I\'ve ever heard that.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2008, 11:15:20 am »
i need to comment again on this show.  

This is unbelievable...probably the first time since I began really following these guys that Ive REALLY had a great sense of a bright future.  There are many reasons for me saying this.  This is probably all around the tightest ive ever heard this band in a show from start to finish.  EVERYTHING is nailed.  Chris\'s bass playing is superb (listen to the line he plays in his quick queeb solo), matt is on fire and finally starting to dominate the synth sounds!! yeaaa, tim as always is on fire but i actually heard some new lines out of him at this show, and adrian is learning that sometimes playing a billion things in a fill in will throw off the synchrinization of the band (which used to be my only criticism of him.  this show he really is perfectly on tempo and is just amazing)...the band as a unit just put out an amazing sounding product this show.  And I hate to say this...but i think Chris might have the best voice in the band:shrug::shock2:(this is really really good news because i think they should start using him more on lead vocals...he had a  more trained-sounding voice vocally)

Im really really happy...i love this shit, im high on life and i cant stop listening to this show.
DS Newbers

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2008, 05:46:55 pm »
timmy was an absolute maniac for the second set.
he needs to put the strat to rest and PLAY THE FUCKING SG EVERY SINGLE TIME HES ON THE STAGE.
tpalms=WHOLE DIFFERENT MONSTER WITH THAT GUITAR IN HAND.
as aruny put it,us=lucky pholks
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2008, 07:08:26 pm »
I agree freddie. I said it before.  Have really not heard TPalms on like that in a long time.

and chris not only doesn\'t miss a beat....he is a strong DRIVING FORCE in this band now.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:08:26 pm by Klout »

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2008, 08:06:19 pm »
chris stepped into the band as if it was completely meant to be that way.
i know i said to a few folks,especially early on during the show,that it was downright weird not havin the save stompin all over the stage,but im glad things went the way they did.
B.ver3.0=THE SER

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2008, 08:11:24 pm »
i agree with the SG comments...please tim just play the SG dude its way better all around!
DS Newbers

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2008, 11:49:47 pm »
dont get me wrong,dudes no slouch on the strat,i just think he plays with more of a fuck your face attitude with the sg.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2008, 12:12:16 am »
Thank you Gencs for giving me the motivation and the sunday ride home so I could make this show.  Glad I did.  Adrian\'s new tune is fuckin great.  I thought it had moments of kinda an island feel to it.  A little more (and I hate to say this) a little more jam bandy, than some of their other tunes.  and that\'s not a bad thing, it\'s a great tune.  

I\'ve been seeing this band a long time, not as long as some, but it\'s been awhile since I\'ve had that oh shit these guys can really do "it", and just kinda getting the tinglies all over.  Not that I ever thought they couldn\'t but after just under 300 shows it becomes a little more everyday.  Anyway during soundcheck listening to The Sound I got that feeling like it was the first time I was seeing them.  and that was only the soundcheck, the show version was obviously much better.

Anyway, great show great times.  Good to see everyone.  

And now to disapear from the internet for another two weeks.  :wave:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon