Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-01-26 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 8597 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2008-01-26 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT
« on: January 27, 2008, 03:34:16 am »
I: The Price Is Right Theme, Tunage*, Space City Affair > Escher\'s Etchings (Parts 1 & 2) > The World Needs Us, Honey Butter**, The Vermont Song

II: See The Light^, The Sound^^ > Buquebus#, Melodica Solo > Rust, Cult Of Personality##

E: Ain\'t Wasting Time No More > Score

* with \'Andy\' (Frank Zappa) teases.
** with \'Love Lake\' tease.
 ^ inverted.
^^ first time played.
 # with extended drum intro; with \'Billie Jean\' (Michael Jackson) jam.
## Living Colour cover; first time played.

peaches626

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 03:51:46 am »

no post show reviews? cmon
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 03:56:25 am »
holy shit, what a show....

where to start??

as soon as tim started those opening chords to the price is right theme, i knew this was going to be a great night.

chris is awesome.  solid, solid bass player.  always dead on balls.  some really gellin\' moments with chris and tim....  i also think matt is such a fantastic addition to the breakfast.  his new song is really something great and it\'s a direction that i\'m excited to see the breakfast go in.  the jazz influence he brings to the table is really adding a great new dimension to the whole breakfast experience.  i\'m really excited about 08 for the breakfast.  after having seen this show, it really feels like everything is in place for the band to really take off.  i was really impressed with the vocals tonight too.  i can tell they\'re really rehearsing the vocals and it shows.  fun, encouraging and exciting show.  i left a happy camper.

oh yeah... best honeybutter ever.  and a MONSTER buquebus to boot...
Postcount +1.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 07:46:39 am »

more on facebook. it\'s 8am... i should probably go to sleep.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 08:26:21 am »
I can\'t wait to hear this show!  Who sang COP?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 09:59:04 am »
i love looking at set lists and seeing songs i don\'t know. makes me very excited to give it a listen. (obviously wish i could have been there to hear it in the first place, but...)

and dave -- i love the scruff! ;)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 10:42:05 am »
nice review jimbo. thanks.

cult of personality is a good song.

what kind of tune is The Sound? Who wrote it?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 10:42:05 am by Klout »

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 10:49:06 am »
Cult of Personality is one of those songs I love to hear....sorry i missed that cover!!

And I almost could have predicted Guitar Hero Shenanigans at Dave\'s. :lol:

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 11:21:16 am »
the sound reminds me of if scarlet begonias and inner glimpse had a kid together. i like it, i believe its a tim song. i really like world needs us. its got a eppy 3ish intensity in the beginning and is catchy in a non-cornyass way.
queeb. in my opinion itwas the best one since matt has joined (ok, it at least gave the toads one a run for its money. at least.). tunage was ser. chris is the man. score,i love it. davepeck, you\'re better at guitar hero than that creepy 9 year old on youtube.
caress me, aunt jemima

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 11:56:27 am »
here was a post i put in the "cover songs youd like to hear the breakfast play" thread about 3 months ago...

Quote from: ds673488;162673
I dont know if theve ever played any Faith No More, but i was big into them back in the day, they are fuckin awesome and id love to hear anything by them.  I also think if they played "Cult of Personality" by Living color it would be fuckin insanity, theyd tear it up.

SO GLAD they played this...i cant wait to hera how it sounded
DS Newbers

solver

• the moon rulz
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 12:12:25 pm »
the sound is adrian\'s i think. no doubts about the quality. no, "i really need to hear it again" or "once they play it few more times.." or anything like that. it\'s good; watch out for it. matt\'s song sounded twice as good the second time round. matt playing the melodica was.. er... slightly arousing. chris is the new sliced bread, and is to the t tight on everything, including vocals on cop. the vocal show has been stepped up. i don\'t know what else to say, a song by song review would be too much gushing. cop was naaaasty and buquebus was just insane.
still on a high from the show. i can\'t imagine it getting any sweeter, but i have no doubt that it will. thanks to all the kind people i met last night for being, well, kind.
skibbiddybopadoobaddydooPOW!POW! [bang!]

Ren

• what?
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 01:03:34 pm »
chris sang Cult of Personality.  One hell of an obvious highlight for me and anyone else who happens to enjoy music...whew!
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 01:22:40 pm »
my favorite part of buquebus is the first jam. myfavorite part of the first jam is before they back in the tune, the bass goes "bum bum bum bum bum bum" at the end of every eighth bar, the peak of the jam. i like the queeb jam best when it is tranced the fuck out.  i was nervous when that jam started, praying that the chemistry would be there. fist off, the jam was so tranced out that biscuits kids started fainting all around. the heat was brought, and brought big. i was telling dustin "this is the test, does chris nail the \'bum bum bum bum bm bum\' or do i get blue balls?"  sho nuff, the boys did it big and climaxed hella proper. matt was even raging the synth shiz. i think queeb is back with a vengeance.
caress me, aunt jemima

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 01:26:02 pm »
for ser, HUUUUGE buquebus.  lex, you are a first jam man, but i am a second jam man, and that second jam really tickled my fancy.  i cant wait to listen to this show again.
Postcount +1.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 02:19:08 pm »
Quote from: Lexington;177789
my favorite part of buquebus is the first jam. myfavorite part of the first jam is before they back in the tune, the bass goes "bum bum bum bum bum bum" at the end of every eighth bar, the peak of the jam. i like the queeb jam best when it is tranced the fuck out.  i was nervous when that jam started, praying that the chemistry would be there. fist off, the jam was so tranced out that biscuits kids started fainting all around. the heat was brought, and brought big. i was telling dustin "this is the test, does chris nail the \'bum bum bum bum bm bum\' or do i get blue balls?"  sho nuff, the boys did it big and climaxed hella proper. matt was even raging the synth shiz. i think queeb is back with a vengeance.

dude, very well said (nice ebonics towards the end).  same here with the trance thing...i used to LOVE buquebus back in the 04-early 06 era when they used to trance the hell out of it and it would sound like the new deal.  one of my favorite versions for this reason is the branstock 04 queeb.  it is so trancy/synthetic..so sick.  my favorite is still that one on youtube on that radio program from 06 though...not one beat is missed and adrian/tim/jordan are on fire together.  i wish it didnt cut off though at the end and that somewhere i could find the full version of it.

i cannot wait to hear this show, especailly chris singing on COP.
DS Newbers