Author Topic: Tom Cruise is Crazy.  (Read 760 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
Tom Cruise is Crazy.
« on: January 25, 2008, 02:19:14 pm »
Okay, somehow I missed this...but apparently a scientology tape got leaked of Tom Cruise.  I just watched it.   Pretty Damn Wacky stuff.  Has anyone else seen this???

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Tom Cruise is Crazy.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 02:21:51 pm »
If it\'s the british report, then yes, I did see it.  Do I think he\'s crazy, yes!!  But he\'s just following his religion.  As long as he doesn\'t force it on anyone else, then I have no problem with him.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Tom Cruise is Crazy.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 02:35:17 pm »
DS Newbers

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Tom Cruise is Crazy.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 04:50:14 pm »
I have strong feelings of animosity towards the Church of Scientology.

8 years ago I stopped in L.A. on a road trip.  My friend and I were bored walking around Hollywood when someone asked if we wanted to take a free "personality test".   We were looking for something to do and agreed to see what this test was all about. I don\'t recall any display signs for Scientology so it was kind of a deceptive avenue on their part.  

The test was just a series of basic multiple choice/"select the answer that most appropriately describes your......." questions filled out on paper.  After the test, a "psychologist" looks at your answers and gives you his reading into your personality from the answers you\'ve submitted.  The guy basically gave the same generic assessment to my friend and I and tried to sell us books to heal the deficiencies.  I kind of laughed at the guy and told him that his test is meant to provide a generic set of weaknesses to everyone who walks in the door in order to sell books.  In fact, I may have questioned his knowledge of psychology while I was on a roll. He made his pitch to try and sell us on the books and we kinda laughed it off and continued on our way.  

Months later, while I was back from the long road trip, I started receiving all sorts of literature from the Church of Scientology, as I had to sign a waiver of liability for the test and mistakingly gave my real address to them.  I didn\'t even realize during the personality test that the Church was behind it, if they even mentioned it at any time I was at their booth/storefront.  I thought it was just someone trying to sell books.  

As the Scientology mail started coming to me regularly, I requested that they no longer send anything to my address, as I was not in any way, shape or form interested.  

After that, I starting receiving bogus invoices in strange amounts like $3.84 for balances unpaid on book purchases.  I got really angry and tore them a new one on the phone, making my case that they were desperate to do anything to keep me in communication with them, including sending me fraudulent invoices.  After explaining that I wanted nothing to do with Scientology and to end all communication "or else...", the lady asks, "are you interested in The Church of Scientology".  

This is a sick, cult-like organization that does not leave people alone.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Tom Cruise is Crazy.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 05:33:35 pm »
damn...ill read up on it
DS Newbers

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Tom Cruise is Crazy.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 05:59:28 pm »
they do "free stress tests" in the grand central and times square subway stations.  sometimes union square too.  it\'s hilarious, they have you hold onto two metal tubes with wires attached to them.  the wires go to a little VU meter type thing.  they ask you if you\'re stressed and then regardless of what you say, they turn a little knob that makes the needle on the meter jump, and then they tell you you\'re stressed and that l. ron hubbard will save your life.
Postcount +1.