Author Topic: The 2008 Major League Baseball Thread  (Read 39283 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
The 2008 Major League Baseball Thread
« on: January 24, 2008, 01:32:50 pm »
Red sox single game tickets go on sale this saturday at 10am for most games.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/ticketing/singlegame.jsp?c_id=bos
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 02:12:13 pm »
Ummmm......

No thank you!  

I plan on getting to as many games at Yankee Stadium before the bastardized version of the new stadium opens up in 2009.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 04:30:20 pm »
hey paul I think I heard you get a shoutout on espn radio this morning. was that you that made the tom brady take on me song?

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 04:44:23 pm »
haha, yea, that was me. Golic sure seemed to like it! I didn\'t make the song though, all I did was edit the video to make it look like the old music video from a-ha. The song parody and singing was by curt. Him and Liam make all the songs. We can\'t put it on the website though because of nfl films footage contracts. oh well. It was still fun to make. :biggrin:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 05:01:26 pm »
heh yea it was funny. wish i saw the video

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 07:53:57 pm »
Red Sox: 162-0: 162 to go.

Quote from: Yoda;177509
I plan on getting to as many games at Yankee Stadium before the bastardized version of the new stadium opens up in 2009.

After I get Red Sox tickets this Saturday, I plan on buying as many Yankee home game tickets as possible and selling them at double face to Yankee fans.  Pony up Deblock!  Haha!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 07:53:57 pm by Wolfman »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 08:59:54 pm »
Sorry - neither of your comments are going to happen.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 04:54:26 am »
I was thinking about that the other day. Does anyone know how close a baseball team has come to a perfect season? I\'m sure it\'s never happened, there are just too many games. I wonder what the all time best season was though.

got something of an answer: mariners won 116 in 2001. :wah:

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 06:39:49 am »
Yes - that\'s correct, but they were not able to complete dream and win the WS.  The Yankees won 110 in 98 and won the WS.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 08:45:34 am »
mariners had the best record ever but that team was nowhere near the best ever

same thing in basketball with the bulls. they won like 75 games one year but it was not even the best bulls team of the jordan era. Assuming the pats win the super bowl it will be considered the best single season in football ever and possibly any sport ever, but will the pats of the 2000\'s be considered the best football dynsasty ever? I think the steelers one four championships in 6 years  in the 70\'s this will be four in 7 or 8 for the pats?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 08:45:34 am by Klout »

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 09:20:45 am »
After not seeing any baseball games last year for probably the first time this decade I\'m hitting up a bunch this year. Yankees Stadium for Mets or Mariners in late May. Padres @ Mets 8.05-07, Yankees @ Orioles 08.23-24. This will be my first time seeing the Padres and I\'m very excited!

MLB > NFL
Smell my mule.

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 09:46:38 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;177520
haha, yea, that was me. Golic sure seemed to like it! I didn\'t make the song though, all I did was edit the video to make it look like the old music video from a-ha. The song parody and singing was by curt. Him and Liam make all the songs. We can\'t put it on the website though because of nfl films footage contracts. oh well. It was still fun to make. :biggrin:

do you work for ESPN?

I\'ve been trying to get in there for years...

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 03:45:33 pm »
Quote from: BennyBoomers;177564
do you work for ESPN?

I\'ve been trying to get in there for years...

http://www.joinourteam.espn.com/joinourteam/

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 04:10:26 pm »
With no where else to go, I think the Padres should take over Tijuana. :stashban: (finally, an excuse to use the stash banana)

Smell my mule.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 04:21:48 pm »
I think there are some yankee fans on long island and in new jersey that may have something to say about your map.