Author Topic: Higher Ground; South Burlington, VT  (Read 5177 times)

characterzero

• spread the music
Higher Ground; South Burlington, VT
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 03:48:11 pm »
Just saw on Higher Ground\'s website that Tea Leaf Green is booked for the same night in the ballroom.  That might be rough on attendance.  On the other hand The Breakfast friday followed by Twiddle saturday makes for a really good weekend.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 03:50:29 pm »
Quote from: characterzero;179776
Just saw on Higher Ground\'s website that Tea Leaf Green is booked for the same night in the ballroom.  That might be rough on attendance.  On the other hand The Breakfast friday followed by Twiddle saturday makes for a really good weekend.

bummer...

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 03:51:58 pm »
they really should get twiddle to open up for them again. twiddle attracts a HUGE crowd in VT, and a ballroom slot with both of them playing would make a lot of sense.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 04:16:06 pm »

wow. unless there\'s some sort of single-admission alternating set thing going on (which i doubt there is), it\'s a truly horrific move by the venue.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 05:06:05 pm »
leith. what are you gonna do.

-peaches
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 05:06:05 pm by Lexington »
caress me, aunt jemima

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 03:29:57 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;179782

wow. unless there\'s some sort of single-admission alternating set thing going on (which i doubt there is), it\'s a truly horrific move by the venue.

How is it a horrific move by the venue? The Breakfast are not known for selling out the place but rather they will pull in enough people to make having the smaller room open worth it.
TLG should from past shows there, pack the bigger room. Higher Ground makes bank.
The large room was pretty full the last time I was there and The Breakfast were playing the smaller room.
The only way this is horrific is for The Breakfast as TLG will probably receive more promotion and TLG\'s street teams are phenomenal.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 03:36:11 pm »
Quote from: leith;179922

How is it a horrific move by the venue? The Breakfast are not known for selling out the place but rather they will pull in enough people to make having the smaller room open worth it.
TLG should from past shows there, pack the bigger room. Higher Ground makes bank.
The large room was pretty full the last time I was there and The Breakfast were playing the smaller room.
The only way this is horrific is for The Breakfast as TLG will probably receive more promotion and TLG\'s street teams are phenomenal.

because you\'re putting on two shows in one night that draw the same audience (don\'t analyze that statement - you know what i mean). i would think that there\'s probably a decent amount of people would have going to see the breakfast that night, but since TLG is playing, they\'ll go see them instead, especially since they\'re here far less frequently.

i would think if i owned the higher ground, i\'d want the two things going on in my two rooms to be about as opposite as possible to maximize the amount of people coming through the door.

leith

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 03:41:07 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;179924
Quote from: leith;179922

because you\'re putting on two shows in one night that draw the same audience (don\'t analyze that statement - you know what i mean). i would think that there\'s probably a decent amount of people would have going to see the breakfast that night, but since TLG is playing, they\'ll go see them instead, especially since they\'re here far less frequently.

i would think if i owned the higher ground, i\'d want the two things going on in my two rooms to be about as opposite as possible to maximize the amount of people coming through the door.

Oh I fully understand your point. Mine is that the people that like The Breakfast most likely will not be going to see TLG. It is proof positive here on .info and I would think the people that .info\'ers will promote to will not be too keen on TLG either.

The Higher Ground may have booking staff that thinks this is true also.

Vassillios

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 03:43:43 pm »
agreed davepeck, and that is what they usually do at HG. I know I\'d be showing up to the showcase lounge... and don\'t get me wrong, tea leaf green is great... but tlg\'s guitarist (dont know names, sorry) doesnt even compare to tpalms. i get sick of his sound real quick.

not hating, just loving

leith

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 03:46:58 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;179926
agreed davepeck, . and don\'t get me wrong, tea leaf green is great... but tlg\'s guitarist (dont know names, sorry) doesnt even compare to tpalms. i get sick of his sound real quick.

not hating, just loving

The man\'s name is Josh Clark and he would slap you for comparing him to Tim.
He loves Tim\'s playing and thinks HIGHLY of him.

Vassillios

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 04:17:48 pm »
Thats cool its all about respect. I just go to shows to watch guitarists, its basically my homework, so in my case I would be hittin up the smaller room on apr. 25

leith

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2008, 04:39:38 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;179930
Thats cool its all about respect. I just go to shows to watch guitarists, its basically my homework, so in my case I would be hittin up the smaller room on apr. 25

Yeah I would say that\'s your best bet in that case.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2008, 04:52:57 pm »
how about the breakfast opens for TLG...2 hour set for them, 3 hour set for TLG
DS Newbers

leith

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2008, 06:02:23 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;179940
how about the breakfast opens for TLG...2 hour set for them, 3 hour set for TLG

Just what are you smoking?

Vassillios

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 06:19:58 pm »
that would be redonk