Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-12-31 - Electric Company; Utica, NY  (Read 15183 times)

peaches626

Setlist: 2007-12-31 - Electric Company; Utica, NY
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 08:14:06 pm »
haha nice lights ellis!  so wish i could have been there, hope everyone had fun!

i\'ve been asking for doughboy for over a year now. sucks i missed it.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 08:18:01 pm »
My buddy caught a sweet picture of Ron last night... I thought the lighting effect on it looked pretty sweet so I would share it with everyone. It was a great time last night... I will surely miss the bass grooves that I\'ve heard Ron throw down over the years but the best of luck to him in the future!

Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2008, 08:18:39 pm »
WOOOOOOOAH! I forgot to resize it! hahaha! Enjoy!
Where to next?

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 08:20:39 pm »
glad to see everyone had a great time...good luck ronnie spears

moe was insane
DS Newbers

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 08:30:02 pm »
someday this week i\'ll have to collect my thoughts about these last 2 (well, actually 3) shows and get them up here.

until then, thank you ron, thank you breakfast, and thank you BFAM for making december 2007 the greatest and most memorable month in breakfast history. THANK YOU.

and now, please excuse me as i take one for the team..

http://www.youtube.com/v/fdR5jkMOGaM&rel=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/fdR5jkMOGaM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2008, 08:55:48 pm »
This is going to read as more personal journal entry than show review.  Such was the nature of this show.  Some songs were very good, some were ser, others were uber-ser...and it doesn\'t really matter to me.  The weight of the subplot totally eclipsed the importance of the actual play on the stage.  (Ironically, it\'s very similar to the Patriots-Giants game.)  I can\'t imagine another situation where New Year\'s Eve would ever take such a backseat to something else.  On NYE the moment of midnight is always the star of the show.  But tonight it didn\'t even matter, and the band\'s low-key approach to the big moment was a great fit.  It\'s been an exhilarating and draining 48 hours living through two Breakfast shows and a game of such extraordinary magnitude.    

The most memorable part of the night for me was the line of people who wished Ron good luck as he took the stage for his last set.  For two sets I had done a good job keeping myself focused on just enjoying the music.  But when that group sent Ron off I couldn\'t help it; I launched into thinking about everything that we\'ve all been through together and what a huge chapter of my life The Breakfast is.  All the faces.  All the miles.  All of the musical moments.  All of the other moments.  The friends fo\' life.  Husbands and wives, brosephs and sisters, births and deaths.  

The act of trying to explain to outside people why I\'m driving 4 hours to see a band for the millionth time.  The comfort of being around those who understand once I get there.

Finally during Grand Scheme I lost it for a little while.  Ever since Ron\'s announcement I was really hoping they would close this show with this song.  I felt a very strong connection with the band when they did it.  It was perfect.  

After Scheme I came back around and enjoyed the night as any other show.  The Pea>Overexposure encore was the second perfect call of the night.  Raging the hotel afterwards was classic as always.  

Thanks to everyone there for making this the best scene in the world.  It\'s funny, the last two shows have felt kind of like graduating high school all over again.  I guess the good part is that it\'s like graduating high school only you and your whole crew are headed off to the same college; things are definitely going to change, but at least they\'re not going to stop.          

The Breakfast and all that comes with it has never been better than it is right now.  Let\'s carry it into 2008.  Happy New Year.  I love you all.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 08:59:58 pm by Wolfman »

Ren

• what?
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2008, 10:32:44 pm »
i got the auld lang syne up on youtube, it took only a few seconds to realize i forgot to hit record...oops

http://www.youtube.com/v/jIN0XDvdyhw&rel=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/jIN0XDvdyhw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

...maybe i could\'ve gotten my arms bumped a few more times...if ya can get past that it\'s fine, i guess.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 12:32:12 am by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 09:44:19 am »
Quote from: booztravlr;170869
2007-12-01: As revealed during the radio interview a couple days ago, they\'re going to bring back the \'wheel of tunes\' for this show. Someone please put Episode 3 (Awakening) on there. Even if it\'s pie slice is only an 1" wide the powers of Broseph will make it happen.

The powers of Broseph came though in a big way at the Electric Company.
Smell my mule.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 09:48:52 am »
Quote from: booztravlr;175088
Quote from: booztravlr;170869
2007-12-01: As revealed during the radio interview a couple days ago, they\'re going to bring back the \'wheel of tunes\' for this show. Someone please put Episode 3 (Awakening) on there. Even if it\'s pie slice is only an 1" wide the powers of Broseph will make it happen.

The powers of Broseph came though in a big way at the Electric Company.

was sundance a choice on the wheel?
DS Newbers

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 03:15:49 pm »
before they played fresh cut the wheel landed on puppetry. all of a sudden there was a re-spin, resulting in fresh cut
caress me, aunt jemima

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 05:51:42 pm »
Quote from: Lexington;175125
before they played fresh cut the wheel landed on puppetry. all of a sudden there was a re-spin, resulting in fresh cut

terrible trade.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 06:13:25 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;175136
Quote from: Lexington;175125

terrible trade.

well, the first spin was illegitimate.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 08:35:56 pm »
i think Fresh Cut suited the occasion and was glad to hear it..even over Puppetry, a song that would have undoubtedly had some great bass lines and jam.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 09:22:30 pm »
Not sure if it was in the jam before or in the beginning of Gladys, I need to hear again, but I heard Starship Trooper (Yes), confirmed by TPalms.
You Lucky Bastards!

Ren

• what?
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 09:33:09 pm »
i still can\'t think of anything to say.  Puppetry tossed back for Fresh Cut?  since they were bringin a few oldies back out, what ever happened to Score?  oh well...
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."