Author Topic: Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton, Feb. 25, 26, 28, MSG  (Read 445 times)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton, Feb. 25, 26, 28, MSG
« on: December 08, 2007, 05:16:50 pm »
Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood will be playing 3 concerts on Feb. 25th, 26th, and 28th at Madison Square Garden.  This is the first official announced concert that the 2 have played on the stage together since the breakup of Blind Faith in 1969, other than the few songs they played at the recent Crossroads 2 Festival over the summer.

There is no official word, however it is rumored, that Ginger Baker, the original drummer from Blind Faith, may be playing at some of the shows.

It should be a memorable 3 night experience by 2 legends in songwriting.  Expect to hear several Blind Faith tunes, Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood solo material, plus song from side projects like Traffic and Derek and the Dominos.

Tickets start at about 65 dollars and go up to about 225 dollars.  It is definiately worth the money, and there are still tickets available.

I am planning on buying Monday night tickets (2/25), in the 65 dollar tier.  If anyone else is interested, let me know.
DS Newbers

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 06:19:44 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;172171
Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood will be playing 3 concerts on Feb. 25th, 26th, and 28th at Madison Square Garden.  This is the first official announced concert that the 2 have played on the stage together since the breakup of Blind Faith in 1969, other than the few songs they played at the recent Crossroads 2 Festival over the summer.

There is no official word, however it is rumored, that Ginger Baker, the original drummer from Blind Faith, may be playing at some of the shows.

It should be a memorable 3 night experience by 2 legends in songwriting.  Expect to hear several Blind Faith tunes, Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood solo material, plus song from side projects like Traffic and Derek and the Dominos.

Tickets start at about 65 dollars and go up to about 225 dollars.  It is definiately worth the money, and there are still tickets available.

I am planning on buying Monday night tickets (2/25), in the 65 dollar tier.  If anyone else is interested, let me know.

Ginger Baker eh? Killer. That would make all of the difference for me if I were trying to decide whether or not to buy tickets.

Funny to see an announcement like that mention Blind Faith, Traffic, and D & the D\'s, but not Cream.
Masturbation in the MFA

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 08:11:02 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;172182
Quote from: ds673488;172171

Ginger Baker eh? Killer. That would make all of the difference for me if I were trying to decide whether or not to buy tickets.

Funny to see an announcement like that mention Blind Faith, Traffic, and D & the D\'s, but not Cream.

i just said that...i forgot to mention cream...i didnt get that from an article or anything...my bad.
DS Newbers