Author Topic: Ron Spears and The Breakfast to Part Ways  (Read 48632 times)

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
Ron Spears and The Breakfast to Part Ways
« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2007, 07:21:53 pm »
other than playin the schnot out of the bass, he could also park the shit out of the van/trailer..
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2007, 07:26:58 pm »
^^^^VERY VERY VERY important job.  WAYYYY under appreciated i\'ve found.
Postcount +1.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2007, 07:29:24 pm »
and he does, as pitch put it, "...wear a great shoe," worth mentioning again, imo.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2007, 07:48:09 pm »
that dude taught me how to appreciate sushi.  for that i am forever grateful.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2007, 08:17:43 pm »
let me clarify that my last post, which says ::end thread:: was not an "ok lets end this thread already" post...it was merely a response to the beautiful poem posted right before by bezerker.  i wrote that after the poem because it would have been such a good closing to this thread.  please, no harm intended.  (i got an email expressing concern about this post...kind of a "who do you think you are trying to end this thread?")
DS Newbers

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2007, 08:26:43 pm »
it wasnt a poem bro.. it was a love ballad that has been rippin up the radio air waves since 1983, originally performed by Laura Branigan.. Then later by Michael Bolton.

http://www.youtube.com/v/qFMwkGWR9a8&rel=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/qFMwkGWR9a8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

this clip is so good the transfer to tape couldn\'t handle it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 08:26:43 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2007, 08:29:25 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;172066
it wasnt a poem bro.. it was a love ballad that has been rippin up the radio air waves since 1983, originally performed by Laura Branigan.. Then later by Michael Bolton.

i dont really listen to the radio so i wouldnt know, i just thought it was a good piece
DS Newbers

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2007, 08:35:19 pm »
you\'ve honestly never heard this song anywhere? like at a wedding or in a movie or at your parents\' house or in their car or at the dentist office or in the mall or on my ipod oh wait ive never hung out with you or waiting for an oil change or buying milk or at a blockbuster or in a restaurant or at a high school dance or blaring from a jaguar driving by or at a coke party or in miami or at the grammys or in a gondola or from an ex-girlfriend acapella or during a breakfast set-break or from heaven like rain? never? really?
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2007, 08:40:35 pm »
ohhh yeah i just watched your video, it wasnt working before...i know the chorus...vaguely though...its definitely a waiting-room dentist song, first thing that came to mind.  

for you 518-ers, a "B-95.5" song
DS Newbers

Ren

• what?
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2007, 08:41:15 pm »
michael bolton was jen\'s neighbor when she was little.  that\'s right people, michael bolton lived in milford....before he "made it" i think her dad resented the fact that he never really had a job and was kind of a bum.  true story.  seriously this time.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

deevahgrl

• choose your vice
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2007, 12:53:09 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;172054
Ron epitomizes what The Breakfast has always stood for: great music, perseverance, and respect for the fans.  

Ron is the spiritual leader of the band; a role more subtle but no less important than Tim\'s role of vocal leader and frontman.  That will be the hardest thing of all to replace.

Thanks for everything.

Wolfman, truer words may never have been spoken.  Thank you for that post.  You are a wise man indeed.
We breathe deep in a steam dream, and plunge below the water line...Down, down, down between beams, to the gloom room among the sea**** and the slime...Melt...

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2007, 09:30:34 am »
Thanks for all the years of great music Ron.  You\'ll be sorely missed on the stage!  It comes as a shock to us all.  Best of luck with the family & career, hope to see you at the shows from time to time.
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2007, 11:16:28 am »
Quote from: DocEllis70;172055
other than playin the schnot out of the bass, he could also park the shit out of the van/trailer..

Excellent point.  Paralell parking a trailer is like running speed: you can\'t teach it, you\'re just either born with it or you ain\'t!

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2007, 01:29:45 pm »
Quote from: Ren;172074
michael bolton was jen\'s neighbor when she was little.  that\'s right people, michael bolton lived in milford....before he "made it" i think her dad resented the fact that he never really had a job and was kind of a bum.  true story.  seriously this time.

ya ren, i don\'t know you from adam, my dad tells a similar story...i guess he lived on this street in milford at one time and said the dude came home one day after he got signed a deal and drove up the street in a Ferrari...

Quote from: Wolfman;172139
Quote from: DocEllis70;172055

Excellent point.  Paralell parking a trailer is like running speed: you can\'t teach it, you\'re just either born with it or you ain\'t!

haha
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2007, 05:21:31 pm »
heh...