Author Topic: Anyone here a soccer fan?  (Read 7419 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2007, 10:42:03 pm »
If Tottenham can get through the group stages of the UEFA Cup, they might do some damage. They have a lot of talent (Berbatov could be -great- with a more mature supporting cast, Keane looks better than ever) but their defense sucks and they lack heart. But, another beauty of this game, there are always multiple "leagues" going on simultaneously. If a team loses hope in one, they sometimes get hungrier in the other. Spurs certainly won\'t suffer relegation, but they\'re absolutely not performing as well as they should be.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

zero

• created 1985
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2007, 10:59:37 am »
No doubt they are underachieving.  Two succesive 5th place finishes folllowed by this dismal beginning when they had asperations of the champions league.  I agree their defense sucks, but you are dead wrong about their heart.  To prove that all i must point to is the villa game.  I hope they do some real damage in the uefa cup.  It\'d be great to see them lift some silverware.  The Uefa cup, Uefa Champions League and all the domestic cups are not really other leagues, only other competions.  Keane is playing out of his mind this term, but he\'ll be sitting next to ledley king a few games for a bullshit red card from last week. With Lennon, Berbatov, Keane, Bent, Jenas and the newly budding Gareth Bale all spurs need is a HEALTHY ledley king and another quality center back for cover for when his  knee inevitably gives up again.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 11:08:18 am by zero »

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2007, 12:33:36 pm »
Quote from: zero;172138
No doubt they are underachieving.  Two succesive 5th place finishes folllowed by this dismal beginning when they had asperations of the champions league.  I agree their defense sucks, but you are dead wrong about their heart.  To prove that all i must point to is the villa game.  I hope they do some real damage in the uefa cup.  It\'d be great to see them lift some silverware.  The Uefa cup, Uefa Champions League and all the domestic cups are not really other leagues, only other competions.  Keane is playing out of his mind this term, but he\'ll be sitting next to ledley king a few games for a bullshit red card from last week. With Lennon, Berbatov, Keane, Bent, Jenas and the newly budding Gareth Bale all spurs need is a HEALTHY ledley king and another quality center back for cover for when his  knee inevitably gives up again.

Yeah no heart was harsh. I was just thinking they lack at least some, hence their underachieving. But you\'d know more about them, I don\'t follow Tottenham nearly as close.

That red card was complete bullshit on Keane.

I know the Uefa Cup and UCL are technically other competitions, but in a sense they feel like other leagues to me because of the group stages before knockout rounds. It\'s not like the FA Cup or Carling Cup where you\'re one and done.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

zero

• created 1985
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2007, 02:02:38 pm »
Yeah I see what you mean.  The european cups are essentially a mini league competion.  The great part about the champions league and uefa cup is that on top of the premiership sides i watch week in and week out i get to watch the worlds best players that i dont get to see on a normal basis (the likes of kaka, messi, david villa, etc)

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2007, 04:02:39 pm »

zero

• created 1985
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2007, 05:27:59 pm »
i hear theres room for you in the homo rainbow benny, maybe you outta check out some premiership before you bash it. real football, the beautiful game. you-ignorant

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2007, 06:05:34 pm »
Yeah that is a ridiculous thing to post. Not cool.
Masturbation in the MFA

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2007, 06:08:52 pm »
It\'s all good. Sometimes I wish I could go back to high school for a day. Thanks Benny..... Oh look, a pube!

zero

• created 1985
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2007, 12:11:43 pm »
the gooners finally lose. no more undefeated premiership season for the young wankas

and defoe finally gets spurs three much needed points.   Here\'s how i see the title race breaking down.  Manchester City and Portsmouth are just pretenders they wont crack the top four.  That leaves the big four.  Liverpool have dug themselves a bit of a hole, but they do not have a lot of reliance on african players which will help come african cup of nations.  This is where they will knick chelsea who unless roman opens up his pockets again (not all that unlikely) they will miss the likes of the hurt drogba, the spark plug known as essien along with kalou and jon obi mikel.  The hated gooners are too young this year and will miss toure come african cup, they need fabregas back soon as next week the big four play one another in the "six pointers"  This leaves my pick for the champions, holders united.  Last years champs + a host of new talented playmaking midfielders.  they could use a little cover at striker and central defence but theyll be getting the medal at the end of the season.  as for my spurs watch for a jump up the table in the weeks to come, especially when king returns from injury, their poor start has all but ruled out europe for next year but with that attacking football who knows.  When the knockout round draw of the champions league is announed ill will give my predictions then.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 12:11:43 pm by zero »

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2007, 02:30:47 pm »
Perfect day in the Premiership. A much needed loss for both Arsenal and City. Glad Tottenham was a contributing factor, they needed a victory as such to get things rolling.

Nice analysis zero. The arrival of the African Cup is definitely going to make things very interesting. I agree and hope you\'re right about United benefitting, making a run for the repeat.

Damn shame I\'ll be missing Big Sunday coming up. My brother is getting married on Saturday and I won\'t have access to the footy madness come Sunday morning. This is great though, excitement in the league jumped up a notch today.

Arsenal is a totally different team without Fabregas and Van Persie. Keep \'em down...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 02:30:47 pm by Gordo »

zero

• created 1985
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2007, 02:40:13 pm »
Tis  a damn shame you\'ll miss next weeks matches, gotta love it when the big four play...if you can get to a computer though both the bbc website and soccernet.com due live streaming commentary of every premiership game if youre jonesing for some scores and news.  skysports.com is also a great place for up to date news.   and may i just echo your point of fabregas and van persie down with them and down with the gunners

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2007, 02:48:24 pm »
Who is televising each game? Either on FSC? If I have to I\'ll record and discipline myself to hold off on results until I get home. I just can\'t believe I\'m missing Man U against the murdering scum at Anfield. The Devils will be celebrating and I\'ll be talking to my family about how pretty the chairs were at the reception hall. MEH.

zero

• created 1985
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2007, 03:31:38 pm »
i think FSC might only be doing the chelsea-arsenal game this weekend not 100 positive

zero

• created 1985
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2007, 12:06:03 pm »
The CL draw has been announced.  Some great ties.  Liverpool-Inter, Arsenal-Milan, ManU against my darkhorse Lyon.  What a great round of 16, should be some great football.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2007, 12:41:42 pm »
hey mike, are you going to the mideast tonight or what, keed?
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice