43 (46.2%)
ona Fide (2003)
14 (15.1%)
eal Radio (2005)
8 (8.6%)
oxie Epoxy (2006)
13 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: Your Favorite Breakfast Album?  (Read 12083 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Your Favorite Breakfast Album?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 10:20:14 am »
Quote from: ds673488;168752
i was just on amazon...is there a reason why the debut album starts at 50 some odd dollars?  is it an antique or something?

it is out of print, and has been for quite some time. this was released pre-Sonance (deuce/bona fide label), so it wasn\'t too mass-produced.

that said, i think it\'s funny that there are 4 sellers asking $50+ for it on amazon!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 10:30:09 am »
Deuce, its gotta be... even though by today\'s standards the Mooboos, Buquebus, well pretty much all the songs are sub-par in arrangement and jams compared to how they have evolved today, Deuce actually sounds good to my earhole.

I would have loved to vote for Moxie because its got fantastic songs for the most part.. but the production just sounds so flat even my Alpine car stereo can\'t make it sound good. Most of Dave Peck\'s concert recordings have more fidelity than this album.

Real Radio had the same problem as Moxie. Not everyone notices this but a lot of people sure do and I guarantee they will never have a successful album with this kind of poor production quality.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 12:52:02 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;168751
Quote from: freddiewaht;168750
deuce is screaming/crying for some production.
it sounds not too good.
moxie epoxy it is.

wow. i would say the exact opposite.

i\'d probably go with moxie epoxy if it didn\'t sound like balls. i think deuce sounds MUCH better.

Deuce sounds a lot better than Moxie. It is very noticeable. I love Moxie Epoxy but yeah it sounds like crap so I never put it on.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Whathefunk

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 01:36:05 pm »
for a long time i have considered Duece to be my favorite album, but i will be the first to cast a vote for RR. i know most bfans think it was a failure in terms of a studio release, but  i think the flow is the best of all the albums and the variety in songs far surpasses moxie.   i don´t think the production value is very good on any of the albums so that doesn´t really come into play for me.  

i think all the songs on moxie sound to similar, and not in a good way, i.e. dsotm or something.  it just gets boring to me.  

duece kicks ass though, i would love them to recut that entire album with evolved versions of all the songs.... how cool would that be?

leith

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 03:06:33 pm »
Quote from: Whathefunk;168785
for a long time i have considered Duece to be my favorite album, but i will be the first to cast a vote for RR. i know most bfans think it was a failure in terms of a studio release, but  i think the flow is the best of all the albums and the variety in songs far surpasses moxie.   i donīt think the production value is very good on any of the albums so that doesnīt really come into play for me.  

i think all the songs on moxie sound to similar, and not in a good way, i.e. dsotm or something.  it just gets boring to me.  

duece kicks ass though, i would love them to recut that entire album with evolved versions of all the songs.... how cool would that be?

Real Radio is my second favorite album. I agree the flow of the album is near perfect and if it had better production it would probably move into a tie w/ Deuce unless they did recut Deuce than I am sure Deuce would be alone once again on top.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 05:57:18 pm »
Doughboy, Scheme, Sleeping Beauty, Inner Glimpse; Real Radio certainly deserves respect.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 07:13:15 pm »
the vocs on deuce just sound good. everything is crisp and tight. Moxie wanders too much I feel, and isn\'t as solid as real radio.

no votes for bona fide?
i smell another live release comin up
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 07:51:30 pm »
Well, I went RR, as to my mind, it contains some of the best songs the band has ever written. Deuce has many jam opuses, but it\'s the accessibility of RR which made me vote for it. Production is all over the place - a problem not quite as audible on Deuce as on any of the other albums - but I never tire of hearing those songs.

And while I\'m here, given the prices for the first PB album make it impossible to get now (as it was when I first tried to buy it online in early 2003 :(), could anyone possibly do me a copy - the one I had from al z many moons ago is skipping like crazy. I thought at one time, you could buy a flac download, but can\'t remember where.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:55:50 pm by boombox »
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 08:50:48 pm »
Deuce without a doubt.

I actually can\'t stand Real Radio. I\'m no expert on breaking down why sound quality is technically better from one album to the next, but RR sounds like shit to me.

I like Moxie. I don\'t notice the "horrific" sound quality of which some speak. I think it\'s a fairly solid album.

But Deuce is a no brainer for me. Tribal and Mooboo\'s would be enough on their own, but I enjoy every track. I\'d love to hear a retake. But then again, I\'d much rather get a huge new album.

I\'d love studio versions of:
Tunage
Eppy 3
May Fly
WUIAC
The Chase
Dig (w/the new rag-time ditty)

That\'s good for 40 minutes right there, and the rest totally new material.. But some of those that have been around for years should get studio treatment.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 09:04:08 pm »
^^
Add a few songs we have yet to hear, and that sounds like a solid album!
Of course the tracks should have nice segues to make the album a total triiiip :D
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 02:09:00 am »
I\'m shocked Wah went with Moxie, I think it\'s they\'re best produced album myself but I figured Duece equals Ep2, so how could wah vote against it.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

leith

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 02:13:37 am »
Quote from: Me!;169038
I\'m shocked Wah went with Moxie, I think it\'s they\'re best produced album myself but I figured Duece equals Ep2, so how could wah vote against it.

You didn\'t know? He sleeps with it under his pillow. He has an unnatural love for Moxie due to losing so much hearing mowing lawns.

Lerherbles

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2008, 01:01:24 pm »
I have to go with Deuce as well. Jordan\'s keys never sounded better.  He was using a Hammond B3 I believe. Amazing versions of Tribal Funk, Mooboo\'s with great studio jams. Then its a tie between PB and Real Radio.  I love all of the songs on the first album but they evolved into much better songs (Puppetry, Superfly Phaddy Phat) to name a couple.  At first listen I didn\'t like Real Radio that much.  Now It\'s one of my favs. Tight, polished versions of some of their best songs. Plus an amazing version of Grand Scheme.

tyzack

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 02:47:56 pm »
No Real Radio love?
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2008, 05:40:15 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;182194
No Real Radio love?

Two is too many.

;)
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash