Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-11-10 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT  (Read 13609 times)

Ren

• what?
Setlist: 2007-11-10 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 05:56:00 pm »
Definitely a 4.8 out of 5 level show.  The opening jam had me thinking of or maybe just really wanting a CMSS, but I knew that I was wrong.  Then came the second jam, once again same thing.  I think I just really wanna see the damn song.  There was some pretty powerful playing during Taboot and the Coma though, which made it ok.  Coma is definitely one of my top 5 favorites, they can play it fast, start or end slow and "epic," it doesn\'t make a difference to me.  I wish I was wrong when I heard the little noodly tuning sounding notes and thought, "oh no GBFB," but that song always seems to tear it toward the end when it\'s about to turn into something else, so really crazy, creative, nasty shit seems to occur, so I guess it\'s really not all that bad.

I totally forgot the never finished Taboot when they started to go back into it, which by the way was completely seemless.   Tunage was really good didn\'t really wanna see it, still not the best I\'ve seen but it doesn\'t matter, once it gets going it shut up my internal whining.  Great teases too.

I heard some dude say, "I just heard they were opening with Hard Luck," and thought that I really didn\'t wanna hear that at the moment either, wonder what my problem is, anyway it hit really hard and was defininitly loose and jammy allowing for some great teases as well.  Though I\'m not a fan, I have to say that they was Inner Glimpse came out of HL was nothing short of amazing, ya could kinda hear it coming but by the time it registered it was already happening.  Kinda left me with no choice but to give it a chance and it did it for me for once.  

The Late and the Great always makes me happy, thought this one didn\'t get all techno like at the Iron Horse, it was soooo strong right up until....Rufus?!?!....huh?....what?  Inverted?  Ooook.  Though Rufus was absolutely filthy, it still some what annoyed my stubborn ass when it broke up the two songs.  That\'s my own problem.  It was really great and played perfectly right back to the begining and back into Over Exposure.  

Over Exposure is always incredible and definitly one of my favorites.  The places it goes and the levels it reaches are absolutley beautiful.  If they don\'t play it at and take advantage of the what I\'ve been told wonderful sounding, somewhat sizable (200 seats) Fairfield Theatre, then they are silly, but I guess that would be another thread...

Wrapping things up nicely with Wild Pack was a great choice considering the room was literally packed, what a challenge it was to get up the god damn stairs,  don\'t know what the hell was going on with the moshing crap, but it sure pissed off the little fella who couldn\'t decide if he was hot or cold so he\'d keep putting on and taking off his pull-over with his cigarette in his mouth.  It was funny.  He pushed Chris Fitz so hard and bounced right off him, like a mosquito trying to bit a rhino or something, Jen laughed, it was silly.  

Spacey asked for them to play something good, then something long, then something long and good.  Well, I think he got what he asked for.  I didn\'t even think it was a possibility.  Christ it was good, I had no choice but to as that little fuckin dope kept yelling, "shake what my mama gave me."  Gawd, I hope ya can\'t hear it in the recording.  What a fantastic Buquebus.  Really.  Feels good to just let it all out every now and then.  

Now for the not at all needed second encore song...what the fuck?  Ron came right over to Dave and said, "...he just launched right into it...he didn\'t even know the words!"  Yikes.  "Go Timmy, go, go, go!"  What?  If they never play that one again I wont be sad.  Dave summed it up well by saying, "Well that\'s cover number 473 that I can do with out."  

Can\'t win \'em all I guess.  Whateva.  I guess uh, everything that preceeded it made it ok or something.  

I was a little tired and somewhat, but not really, concerned about being tired after the show earlier but after what we saw and how hard they played, it was not needed.

Good times.  Still don\'t understand the need for the Link reference, and Dave my friend, you have problems I must say,  but luckily it\'s funny or else you\'d just me that weird guy.  I\'m just kidding.

See ya!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 08:00:57 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2007, 05:56:50 pm »
TLATG was the highlight of the whole show for me. I have always liked the song, but I didn\'t think I would ever call it the highlight of a show.
Masturbation in the MFA

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2007, 06:34:38 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;168419
oh, and just for the record, if this TLATG doesn\'t bring you to tears, chances are you don\'t have a soul.

just sayin\'.

when can we hear?!?!
DS Newbers

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2007, 06:41:28 pm »
oh, and just for the record, if this TLATG doesn\'t bring you to tears, chances are you don\'t have a soul.

just sayin\'.

First time I sparked a lighter in the air at a Breakfast show .....

except all those other times I probably just don\'t remember ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2007, 06:54:05 pm »

just sayin\'.

:that:  TL&TG is a phenomenal tune, that gets overshadowed by Over Exposure.

This was a great night it was really good to see everybody.  I had a shit load of fun all night.  The first set segues were all very cool.  HLH was great surprised no one has mentioned it yet.  One of the serest Wild Pack mosh pits I\'ve been in.  They seem to get a little more intense every time since the original at The Middle East (4/22/05), I seriously got my ass kicked and was nearly forced into Timmy\'s equipment.  All in all a great night with great music and great people.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 06:54:05 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2007, 07:16:30 pm »
Quote from: Me!;168436
One of the serest Wild Pack mosh pits I\'ve been in.  They seem to get a little more intense every time since the original at The Middle East (4/22/05), I seriously got my ass kicked and was nearly forced into Timmy\'s equipment.  

No kidding... Considering the number of drinks I had it is absolutely amazing that I was able to stop myself (several times) from crashing into anything important. The last time I have come that close to landing on equipment was that Fongouglish Freakout that I went to before I went to NC. I think that was a FF. Either way, the slippery floor that night nearly caused several disasters involving me and equipment.
Masturbation in the MFA

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2007, 07:37:34 pm »
looks like a winner. psyched to hear TL&TG. what a great setlist.
"Go Timmy Go" sounds puke-worthy. cant wait to give it a listen.
congratulations to all of you for being able to go to almost every TB show. :thumbsup: blow me.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2007, 08:03:32 pm »

just sayin\'.

Can\'t wait!
Also, I have no soul so this should prove an interesting listen. :thumbsup:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2007, 09:21:02 pm »
i know i spoke to a few people last night about this, but please let\'s try to keep the energy going into the nyc gig. seriously, if ever there was a time the breakfast needs to make it in new york, it\'s now. actually, i think it\'s now or never. i heard the last knit show was poorly attended and if the den isn\'t grooving, then it will just be tougher and tougher for the band to book decent gigs in the city. i have all the faith in the world that the band can thrive in the big apple, despite being such an increadibly difficult market. if we bring the energy of sully\'s to the den, then we\'ll be off to a great start.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 07:01:57 am »
Quote from: galenas;168380
i was too distracted during GBFBITS by the lesbians who were trying to pull me into their little love fest (thanks for saving me, wolfy), which pissed me off

This sentence could be read so many ways. rotfl

Quote from: Ren;168421
He pushed Chris Fitz so hard and bounced right off him, like a mosquito trying to bit a rhino or something, Jen laughed, it was silly.  
Jen laughed??? :duck:

ACtually, I really wish I could have seen that.

Quote from: jocelyn;168439
No kidding... Considering the number of drinks I had it is absolutely amazing that I was able to stop myself (several times) from crashing into anything important. The last time I have come that close to landing on equipment was that Fongouglish Freakout that I went to before I went to NC. I think that was a FF. Either way, the slippery floor that night nearly caused several disasters involving me and equipment.

This was the springdale hall show. China cat "For Jocelyn who is leaving us" and one of the early preformances of "The late and the great" took place. You were dressed as "Free dank hugs". Classic.

That was definetly a really sweaty funk-fest kind of show. I mean, half the guys there had their shirts off by the end of the night!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2007, 08:29:55 am »
Yup, Fonghoulish Freakout 3.  I was just thinking about that show and the China Cat and the David Bowie "trick" where they played the first minute of David Bowie then stopped.  Ouch.  I guess that came full circle at FF9!  It was not the debut of TLAG though, the first play was a week earlier on 10/26/01, FF3 was 11/2/01.  However, TLAG was shelved for several years after this.  That song definitely came full circle at Sully\'s.  Who would have thought that the two big unresolved songs from FF3 would come around now, 6 years later?  The ghosts of FF3 have been with us the last couple of weeks!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 08:33:53 am by Wolfman »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2007, 08:34:22 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;168492
Yup, Fonghoulish Freakout 3.  I was just thinking about that show and the China Cat and the David Bowie "trick" where they played the first minute of David Bowie then stopped.  Ouch.  I guess that came full circle at FF9!  It was not the debut of TLAG though, the first play was a week earlier on 10/26/01, FF3 was 11/2/01.  However, TLAG was shelved for several years after this.  That song definitely come full circle at Sully\'s.  Who would have thought that the two big unresolved songs from FF3 would come around now, 6 years later?  The ghosts of FF3 have been with us the last couple of weeks!

wait, the breakfast played bowie at FF9?!

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2007, 08:55:09 am »
No, they didn\'t you downthrusting popped collar tanooki suit wearing lesbian.  I\'m just saying they played Phish at a Fonghoulish Freakout, which they kind of owed us after FF3.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2007, 09:18:15 am »
oh...  

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2007, 09:50:19 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;168496
No, they didn\'t you downthrusting popped collar tanooki suit wearing lesbian.  I\'m just saying they played Phish at a Fonghoulish Freakout, which they kind of owed us after FF3.

callout of the year. :point:

I forgot about the bowie tease! The big things that stick out to me were jordan and nikkis glam 80s rock star oufits, wolf as the earth, joc as dank hugs, it being hot as hell by set two and finding out from from tim on stage that jocelyn was leaving for north carolina. :(

Of course, at that time I still though she lived in rhode island beause she was always at the living room shows.