Author Topic: Jeff came back and jammed with Phish last night!!!  (Read 2288 times)

tiedyetoga

Jeff came back and jammed with Phish last night!!!
« on: December 02, 2003, 07:53:13 am »
Set 1
Chalk Dust Torture
Stash
Guyute
Thunderhead
Sparkle
Wolfman\'s Brother
Good Times Bad Times

Set 2
Tweezer >
2001 >
You Enjoy Myself
Camel Walk*
Possum*
Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress*
Run Like An Antelope*
EncoreFire*

Notes
*w/ Jeff Holdsworth

Tom Marshall also came out too.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 10:07:33 am »
great show last night.. that set 2 was absolutely off the hook. monsters and bustouts. :) really with the exception of Thunderfuck/Sparkle, i have no complaints about the show, though i thought for sure that we were gonna get a Sneakin\' Sally out of Wolfman\'s... WB > GTBT = very weird segue... short 1st set.. 2001 was my call for 2nd set opener.. so close...

my calls for tonight... Tweezer Reprise opener (or closer), Funky Bitch, Hood, Alumni Blues, Suzy Greenberg, My Friend x2, Pebbles And Marbles, and The Curtain With to open Set 2.

unfortunately, i\'m pretty dead to the world today... work SUCKS! 2 hours sleep.. driving right home at 2 then right out to boston... SO glad i have tomorrow off...

let\'s hope tonight lives up to the hype.. but even if it doesn\'t, it\'s been a great run so far!

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 11:54:33 am »
Who\'s hitting up Boston tonight? Hope I get to see some of you there! ok, off to work outside in the snow for a few hours... zippideedooodah
Masturbation in the MFA

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 11:59:21 am »
Sounds like a ripping show. So tonight is the anniversary show . Lucky dogs. How was Jeff\'s playing ? Do not doubt that Trey had the biggest freakin\' grin all night .
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

realisthis

• I Got 99 Problems, But...
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/realisthis?listid=0
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 02:22:19 pm »
They messed up Possum a little, but other than that....Last night was SMOKIN!
How real is that?

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
20th Anniversary show
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 11:01:24 am »
I just checked out the setlist from last night.... looked pretty good except for one things.... a Bug encore????  Why?!?!  Is it just me, or does it seem like ever since Phish has been back from hiatus that the encores have been really sucky....  I mean the part of the show where the entire crowd is just dying for them to come out & ROCK, they bust out a Bug... or Wading in the Velvet Sea.... or Farmhouse.... I just don\'t get it.....
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 01:43:03 pm »
well the crowd wasnt begging or even yelling after 3 set. a few scattered lighters in the air...no \'Happy Anniversary\' sung in crowd unison or anything, so i think he playes lamer songs (though i like Bug) to be a prick. The show was simply amazing..hilarious when the opening to Fluffhead..i said this sounds recorded and i look up then these 4 goofballs in a dorm from 20 yrs ago pop up on the big screen. that was some cool footage.

A little bit of coincedence that we had the same row as Dave Peck, Josh Dobs (pb sound guy), Justin and Chris Pitch with a few seats in between.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

davepeck

• Administrator
boston thoughts...
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2003, 07:14:21 am »
i don\'t know what to say.. the first thing that comes to mind is weird... it was a very weird show.. i got only 2 of my calls right, but i shouldn\'t be surprised..

first set started off really strong. and i thought it was great up until Anything But Me.. i don\'t mind a slow tune (Horn was good), but this just killed the energy.. WITS after that didn\'t really pick things back up either (can we please stop screaming when they say Everglades?? thanks.).. DWD was really good, but i was damn surprised that they were repeating a song on a 4-night run...

the video montage at setbreak was easily worth the price of admission alone. very well done, and a great look at the last 20 years. i\'m hoping they release this in one way or another... a longer version on DVD would be killer.  

set 2 also started off great, but was weird... RnR > Weekapaug (unfinished)?? ok, very cool.. > Tweeprise and they\'re getting crazy.. this is good.. they\'re doing stuff out of the ordinary, and that\'s never a bad thing.. > Frank > Kung > Frank = FUN! got a call from Tansley at setbreak, so you know who i thought of when they played Frankenstein.. good stuff..

and after all that rocking, we get another slow song that kills the energy.. ugh.. The Wedge is never bad to hear, but i hate BORW.. i don\'t know why, but i just hate when phish plays this song.. thumbs up to Cities, and then Maze.. i\'m not a big Maze fan, and Pitchie, Justin and I had a lengthy conversation about it on the way up... but i have to say, this was the best Maze i\'ve seen in 90+ shows.. very different, and i definitely heard some Fluffhead teases in the jam.. Waste = eh.. i don\'t think they wanted to end with this, as Trey didn\'t immediately take his guitar off after it.. but i guess he found out what time it was, and then figured they had to call it a night.. not a good closer.

marcial, i totally agree with you. the last few shows i\'ve been to, i\'ve skipped the encores to get a jump on traffic, due to the fact that i\'m driving 2+ hours and have to wake up for work the next morning at 4:30. looking at the setlists, i don\'t regret my decision at all, as i haven\'t really missed anything (and i\'m SO glad i missed the Dude).. i took wednesday off, so i decided to definitely stay for the Boston encore. just like the song sayd, Overrated. i like Bug, i really do. but not as an encore. not at all.. so seriously, at this point, there is no reason to stay for a phish encore. beat the traffic. leave after set 2. :)

all in all, a good show, but not as good as albany. usually the shows that are hyped up the most don\'t live up to it, and this was no different. still, great to be there.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2003, 01:35:38 pm »
Albany was easily the best show of the run. I skipped Philly but from the setlist it doesn\'t look like it had the energy of Albany. Boston, in my opinion was a great show. I was very content with just the four without guests (although the Santana rumour would have been unreal). It was overall just a classic good Phish show, something that I do not think many that were there appreciated because they were expecting too much. I was disapointed in the crowd, at least in my section. Anytime they slowed the pace down they all lost excitement and sat down, which I could not understand. The Rock and Roll to Frankenstein jam was probably one of the best jams I have ever heard at a phish show, I thought it was amazing. The video, like Dave said, was definitely worth the price of admission, and unlike him I do not think it should be released, it should be cherished by those who were there and told about to others who weren\'t, even though I would love to see it again.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2003, 01:52:50 pm »
Now I have to disagree w/ the last sentence. I was @ Trey\'s B-day show in Vegas a few years back. When we (crowd) sang Happy Birthday to Trey in unison, it was one of the highlights of my concert experiences. Telling people abt it was great but being able to show them when Phish put it out on DVD was even better.
This was also the first run of shows where I and my friends actually felt a pervasive "family feeling" in the crowd vs the agro energy of prior tours. Funny how the band went on hiatus directly after the tour.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2003, 04:34:25 pm »
I got to all 4.  My tops go in this order...

1. Philly - It was an emotional show for me.  I felt a special connection with the band, crowd, and songs being played.  1st Buffalo Bill for me.  Plus I was tripping balls on 1/4 of boomers that I picked up in the lot for my philly extra and $20

2. Albany - Best show of the run.  but for me, not as special as Philly.

3. Nassau - High energy and the crowd was into it the whole night.  Loved the Duuuuuuude......

4. Boston - Great show, but "overrated" and "it doesnt matter" comes to mind when I think about that.  The Maze was the best I have ever heard. and  Frankenstein>Kung>Frankenstein.  was killer shit...

All in all, it is easy to say that this is probably the most important group in rock-n-roll history.  Well its easy for me to say that anyway.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph