Author Topic: random jazz trivia  (Read 1695 times)

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
random jazz trivia
« on: December 02, 2003, 10:27:28 am »
in reading Miles Davis\' autobiography (here in SCSU\'s wonderful library) I read that the the first time guitarist Jon Scofield performed with Miles and his band was actually in New Haven...where exactly? I dunno.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
random jazz trivia
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 04:28:42 pm »
scsu has a killer jazz collection. go up to the third floor of builey library, hang a right out of the stairs or elevator, go down the hall and in the double doors on the right (not the apple comp room). inside, take a left and go around the desk and there on the wall. TONS of music.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bluefunknebula

• F th cops n censorship 2
    • http://www.myspace.com/amplifier_worship
random jazz trivia
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 06:10:00 pm »
that\'s where i discovered mahavishnu orchestra! they had a ton of great stuff there...check out the sun ra videos if they still got em.

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
random jazz trivia
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 08:39:07 pm »
I heard that they did have a good collection of jazz.  I\'ll hafta follow yer directions up there, thanks Paul...well actually probably thanks to David Chevan maybe, but now I can FIND it!!

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
random jazz trivia
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 11:19:15 pm »
SLEEPER!!!!!!!!!The original,that is...
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
random jazz trivia
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 07:53:26 am »
yea, dave has control of a percent of the librarys income for each fiscal year. basically, they say this year you have $x dollars to go buy cd\'s that our library should have in its collection. it gets better each year. first place i heard miles davis on the corner. sic album.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke