Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-10-27 - 9th Fonghoulish Freakout:Higher Ground; So. Burlington, VT  (Read 37211 times)

OMS

• Egg-Head
Setlist: 2007-10-27 - Higher Ground Showcase Lounge; South Burlington, VT
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 12:27:29 pm »
What!!!!!

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 12:38:27 pm »
welll, daaaaaayum!!!

deevahgrl

• choose your vice
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 01:44:40 pm »
All in all this was one of the most fun weekends of my life.  The shows got more and more intense as the weekend progessed and even though we all got less and less sleep, everyone raged harder and harder.  

Last night was amazing.  Lawn Boy was so on point I felt like I was seeing Phish live.  The chemistry between each band member and the crowd was electric, and clearly having Mike Gordon sit in on "I Will Sur-veev" was a highlight.  

PS:
Stevpav and I were hoping for this food for thought (for no apparent reason other than we\'d been singing the chorus all weekend): "If your nose is stuffed, you should blow it!"...a la the teacher from "The Wall."  I\'m sure we annoyed the people in front of us by screaming it at the top of our lungs.  Good times.

PPS: Good to see everyone who came out after what\'s felt like a long fall!  I\'m looking forward to Stone Church...at which point I should be a HOMEOWNER!  I\'m buying a condo and we\'re supposed to close on November 15.  Hurray.
We breathe deep in a steam dream, and plunge below the water line...Down, down, down between beams, to the gloom room among the sea**** and the slime...Melt...

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 01:53:22 pm »
awesome! seems like it was one hell of a show! congrats!

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 02:01:13 pm »
Worth every penny.

What a band, what great fans.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

stefpav

• horse$hit shenanigans!
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 02:25:04 pm »
hahaha...gordo, my bad, i meant to put that it was my first freakout(in the chase\'s thread)....and holy hell it was awesome!  i truly believe that was the best breakfast show i\'ve ever seen. and that was the most fun i\'ve had at any show!  SOAM was by far my highlight...and of course so was Mike Gordon.  oh yea, and gladys was FREAKIN awesome...except for that wah wah noise from the bass...come on now chad, stop playing with my hat and do your job  ;)  DW, it was fun dancing with ya to gladys.  i just had to find you for that one.  spaceman - you were epic last night!  so much fun!  oh...and huge kudos to gencs for grabbing me a beer when those fuckers of "bartenders" kept passing right over me....the bastards!  i shouldn\'t have tipped them...meh!  All in all - best show ever!  and hopefully with the appearance of gordon even better days will arise for Breakfast.
if you need me i\'ll be in the Angry Dome!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 04:28:27 pm »
That was rediculous!!!!!!

Lawn Boy = OWNED
+ Mike Gordon.... what??!!
and the originals were monsters
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 04:50:19 pm »
incredible show...SOAM was flawless and amazing, my sweet one was incredibly tight, reba composed section was nearly perfect, bathtub gin jam was offf the hookkk, all the originals were amazing...fuckin great show.

PS, does anyone have any good pictures of me in my fluffhead costume?  mine didnt come out that great...
DS Newbers

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 04:54:55 pm »
did dave tape???
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 05:06:25 pm »
Quote from: crimsonknuckles;166223
did dave tape???

yes he did

one other thing to add...adrian looked EXACTLY like fishman, it was scary
DS Newbers

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 05:07:25 pm »
How much of the show was watched by Mike Gordon?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 05:18:32 pm »
I think Mike was there for all of it.
Definately HUGE that he sat in.
I just wish it had been a different song.
The band brought their A+ game for sure and definately nailed Lawn Boy.
I was losing my shit all night, completely freaking out, so pumped.
Oh btw, best set break dance party ever. Ser crowd very rowdy, very much feelin it.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 05:21:24 pm »
i can\'t wait to hear the split open jam!!! i bet mike really enjoyed himself.
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2007, 06:48:47 pm »
Mike was there for the whole show as far as I know, just sitting at the bar. He was definitely there for all of Lawn Boy. I asked him what was going through his mind during the cover, he smiled and said, "It was awesome." I would\'ve loved to see Timmy tear it up with Mike on an extended jam but the Clifton \'surveev\' was great.

Watching the band during Lawn Boy was really amazing. It was like watching child geniuses being challenged by past masters. Reba was my highlight of the album. I was pumped and a bit nervous going into it, and they nailed almost every note of the composed sections, then pulled off one of their greatest jams I\'ve ever heard. It was absolutely surreal to be hearing this music live again, and by my favorite band these days. Reba stood out, but everything else (for me) was so solid that I really can\'t put "highlight tags" on specific tunes. I loved it all.

We can\'t forget how fucking sick all the originals were too. GREAT way to open the show with jam > Queeb. The transition from Buquebus > SOS was recockulus and Gladys was on fire. Really the whole show was awesome.

I was a little surprised with the turnout. The back half of the room was pretty empty and it\'s not a huge room by any means. Sound quality was average - above-average (as you got closer to the stage). The crowd that was present was getting down. Tim\'s costume was phenomenal, I think he should actually grow the huge stash permanently. Adrian wearing the Fishman get-up was special.

It was a pleasure meeting and hanging out with y\'all. Dinner at the Ice House was a delicious start with great company -- Leith, Todd, Robyn, Jocelyn, James.... and then the long list at the show and after -- Spacey, Wolfman, Dave, Holly, Elisa, Melissa, Peaches, Billy, Lexington, ds, and many more that I can\'t remember right now. You guys are fucking great and made the night that much better.

Until next time...........
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2007, 06:57:55 pm »