Author Topic: Movie Suggestions  (Read 97312 times)

lilblondie

• the FU queen
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #705 on: January 25, 2010, 05:06:53 pm »
the hurt locker was very good but a little intense at points...i think i took 5 breaths in 2 hours...god bless those in the military cause i am a wimp

the white ribbon is winning awards left and right...it is on my list to check out..
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #706 on: January 25, 2010, 06:56:23 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;251384
Quote from: sąikidélik;251382
Have not seen Halloween 2 yet but if it is along the lines of Rob Zombies other films it will be bloody, have a very loose plot, and be laughable at best. but i guess if you like that "typical shit" genre then you are in for a treat.

Really good recent movies: The White Ribbon, Lorna\'s Silence and i have not seen it but everyone says the Hurt Locker is really good.

I haven\'t seen Zombie\'s first two movies, but his remake of Halloween was pretty good... He stuck to the original plot, but added a back story that would explain why Michael Myers went nuts...  It was definitely more violent than the original, but not completely over the top...

1st - If you\'re note a fan of the Horror genre, you will think that it\'s all "typical shit", but there\'s more to a good number of these movies than just killing and blood and guts...

2nd - The description of The White Ribbon on imdb sounds like a modern and foreign version of Children of the Corn... This was done back in the 80\'s...

3rd - Lorna\'s Silence doesn\'t do anything for me, as to most foreign movies...

4th - Hurt Locker: I remember seeing the preview for this and it hit too close to home with one of my good friends, so I really have no reason to watch it... I already sat w/ my grandfather and watched him re-live hell during Saving Private Ryan...

i am a fan of the horror genre, but it has to be smart. If i have learned anything from rob zombie its that he goes for visual before intellectual. keeping it simple and leaving the gore up to the viewer, i think, is the best way to approach a horror movie.

White ribbon IS done to look very old, but it does it while using very modern technology and classical influence. very well thought out but could appear boring from a movie goers who love their CG.

I love a well put together foreign film! have you seen Waltz with Bashir yet? Amazing! the best part of foreign films is the concept of the plot, which is more often then not factual.

But what i am really pumped about is that Caprica is now a series! the made for tv movie was a great prequel to BSG and it looks very well put together and thought out. I know BSG gets shot down quickly on this site but i don\'t care.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #707 on: January 25, 2010, 09:10:27 pm »
just watched \'big fan\' with patton oswalt. impressed by his performance. good movie
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #708 on: January 25, 2010, 09:17:21 pm »
caprica looks fun, but I\'m a sucker for some sci fi, good or not.

lilblondie

• the FU queen
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #709 on: January 26, 2010, 09:34:38 am »
i watched Choke last night...wasnt the worst...wasnt the best...but it was better then staring at the ceiling all night...
either way...

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #710 on: January 26, 2010, 09:50:36 am »
Quote from: lilblondie;251448
i ...but it was better then staring at the ceiling all night...

:chin:    hmmm........interesting
*Gia*

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #711 on: January 26, 2010, 10:00:43 am »
Quote from: sąikidélik;251402
i am a fan of the horror genre, but it has to be smart. If i have learned anything from rob zombie its that he goes for visual before intellectual. keeping it simple and leaving the gore up to the viewer, i think, is the best way to approach a horror movie.

White ribbon IS done to look very old, but it does it while using very modern technology and classical influence. very well thought out but could appear boring from a movie goers who love their CG.

I love a well put together foreign film! have you seen Waltz with Bashir yet? Amazing! the best part of foreign films is the concept of the plot, which is more often then not factual.

But what i am really pumped about is that Caprica is now a series! the made for tv movie was a great prequel to BSG and it looks very well put together and thought out. I know BSG gets shot down quickly on this site but i don\'t care.

I am a fan of the genre in general... I love the classics, but I\'m a Dario Argento fanatic...  Outside of Dario, I\'m not really into the foreign film thing... But, I like the gore... One of my favorite scenes is still from Friday the 13th: Part 7 when Jason picks up the victim in a sleeping back and grabs her by the feet and flings her against the tree like a baseball bat...  I like the natural fright that the original Halloween provides, but I also like the gore...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

lilblondie

• the FU queen
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #712 on: January 26, 2010, 10:05:30 am »
what that i have insomnia? i think beyond it being interesting...i think it blows...
either way...

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #713 on: January 26, 2010, 10:27:06 am »
Quote from: lilblondie;251461
what that i have insomnia? i think beyond it being interesting...i think it blows...

thought maybe you did some post kung fu ragin.  sorry my bad.  

saw the labyrinth for the first time the other day.  pretty whacky
*Gia*

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #714 on: January 26, 2010, 10:43:16 am »
Quote from: bezerker;251464
saw the labyrinth for the first time the other day.  pretty whacky

Great movie... Not a kids movie at all...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #715 on: January 28, 2010, 03:16:21 pm »
April 2010
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33523591@N07/4312321232/" title="wall st 2 by chagnob, on Flickr">http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/4312321232_05c7b5a29b.jpg" width="275" height="404" alt="wall st 2" />

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #716 on: January 28, 2010, 03:42:43 pm »
^thats all i need to see. looks sick.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

SkyePrizm

• separator
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #717 on: January 28, 2010, 03:46:22 pm »
Rented Whip It the other night.  really cute and goofy movie.  drew barrymore did a decent job directing.   Def chick flick tho.

lilblondie

• the FU queen
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #718 on: January 28, 2010, 05:46:51 pm »
chags...i want that movie to be so good...but i dont know...i dont know...
either way...

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #719 on: January 28, 2010, 08:39:03 pm »
The is a new movie coming out called "frozen" about being stuck on a ski lift. lol. Doozy.