Author Topic: The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread  (Read 25528 times)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 01:18:08 am »
I wanna check out the Celtics when they come out to Golden State.  The Warriors were actually an exciting team to watch in the second half of last season.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 01:30:25 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;167962
If you haven\'t seen the Celtics yet, you and your team are in for a very rude awakening from these guys.  98-0: 95 to go.  Cue the fear.

Those Celtics keep on rolling.  

Did you think 1 year ago that they would start out 6-0 with Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett playing alongside Paul Pierce?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 02:59:55 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;168858
Quote from: Wolfman;167962
If you haven\'t seen the Celtics yet, you and your team are in for a very rude awakening from these guys.  98-0: 95 to go.  Cue the fear.

Those Celtics keep on rolling.  

Did you think 1 year ago that they would start out 6-0 with Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett playing alongside Paul Pierce?

seriously man.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 02:27:37 am »
HA What happens when these Celtics actually play a good team? They lose!

The Lakers are playing some good ball on a 3 game winning streak and getting ready for a tough 3 game road trip.
Oh boy I cannot wait until this Friday in Boston.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 06:07:32 pm »
Quote from: leith;169452

The Lakers are playing some good ball on a 3 game winning streak and getting ready for a tough 3 game road trip.

Last I checked Denver was 7-3 and the Celtics buried em good and hard.

Orlando is looking reeeeal good and beat them by only 2 at home.

Boston will destroy LA. Pending a God-like Kobe performance (which I guess is always possible).

All I\'m saying is the Celtics are the real deal. If they don\'t suffer any injuries they\'ll run away with the East.

btw, I\'m a Bulls fan. No bias for the BC\'s.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 06:51:26 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;169533
Quote from: leith;169452

Last I checked Denver was 7-3 and the Celtics buried em good and hard.

Orlando is looking reeeeal good and beat them by only 2 at home.

Boston will destroy LA. Pending a God-like Kobe performance (which I guess is always possible).

All I\'m saying is the Celtics are the real deal. If they don\'t suffer any injuries they\'ll run away with the East.

btw, I\'m a Bulls fan. No bias for the BC\'s.

Bah Bring \'em on. The Lakers will play Boston tougher than you think.
It\'s about time the celtics had a good team again. I think the celtics are for real also but they\'re still in the east so of course they should fare well in the Regular Season. Detroit will get their shit together and knock them out of the playoffs though.
If not whatever team in the West that makes it will beat them handily.

Sorry \'bout dem Bulls. I watched them play the Clippers and thought about posting that they were not really that bad a team but waited to see what they did vs The Lakers. Ooops.
These Bulls still have work to do but I think they will have a good year.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 07:00:00 pm »
every team you guys are talking about will beat the knicks, at least we know that
DS Newbers

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 02:31:04 am »
Nice game by the celtics. If the Lakers had gotten off to a better start it would have been a fight. I am not saying this Laker team is as good or better right now than the celtics but after watching them for the first time for a whole game I can honestly say they are a good team but far from great. The game in L.A. will be fun to watch later this year.
That Rondo kid is fabulous from what I saw though. They better get alot better if they want to beat the likes of San Antonio for the Championship.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2007, 02:18:04 pm »
what? would a 30-point victory have been enough to convince you? LA NEVER had a chance and ARE CLEARLY not on Boston\'s level. i agree that the tits of the NBA are still San Antonio and Phoenix. yes, i think the west is the best. but the Lakers are absolutely mediocre regardless of their conference. boston is good enough to toy with a team like the Lakers, which is exactly what it looked like to me all game. once again, i have no bias here. boston is the real deal.

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2007, 02:49:19 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;169943
what? would a 30-point victory have been enough to convince you? LA NEVER had a chance and ARE CLEARLY not on Boston\'s level. i agree that the tits of the NBA are still San Antonio and Phoenix. yes, i think the west is the best. but the Lakers are absolutely mediocre regardless of their conference. boston is good enough to toy with a team like the Lakers, which is exactly what it looked like to me all game. once again, i have no bias here. boston is the real deal.

The Lakers are clearly not there yet but I saw nothing that led me to believe the celtics should be handed the East. The big 3 cannot sustain that team. They have no center and unless that Rondo kid plays like that all the time(I don\'t know I don\'t watch them), the big 3 will get worn. The celtic bench was decent at best.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2007, 01:30:43 am »

Ray Allen cans the game winning 3 at the buzzer, Celtics win by 1 to go 11-1!

Would\'ve been nice of the Lakers to try against the Celtics.  At least their scrubs showed up for garbage time so they lost by 14 instead of 30.  The Celtics\' A team mopped the floor with the Lakers\' A team.  Kobe has no chance of carrying that sorry squad even if he were interested...and he\'s not interested.  Too bad the Lakers shit the bed at the exact same time the Celtics got nasty.  

I hereby declare the entire Eastern Conference season and playoffs a formality.  See you in the finals!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2007, 09:43:19 pm »
Been a Celtics fan forever. They never gave me a reason to watch because they were horrid and the NBA was more street thuggish than I liked. It is nice to see the Celtics winning basketball games again.

Lost interest in the NBA years ago, found college Basketball, then I watched players.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 11:55:27 pm »
Boston 104, New York 59

Yikes.

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 01:18:27 pm »
Laker fans rejoice. Phil has signed a 2 year contract extension. You realize this means he is confident this team is worth sticking around for and has much potential.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 01:46:09 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;170616
Boston 104, New York 59

Yikes.

I turned this game on towards the end just to see how bad it was going to turn out. Wow! The Knicks are by far the saddest sports team out there. From top management all the way down to the players and fans, they\'re pathetic.
Smell my mule.