Author Topic: who ELSE are you going to see at camp bisco?  (Read 5244 times)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
who ELSE are you going to see at camp bisco?
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2007, 02:42:10 pm »
Oh, well, that\'s cool. Sorry I misunderstood.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2007, 11:52:58 pm »
^^its all good.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2007, 08:35:46 pm »
http://oink.cd/details.php?id=1219925

mmm delicious! downloaded this today on a whim, and it\'s some good stuff. . .  lookin  forward to his set, although its only an hour!

(for non-oinkers: check this out! track 6 is hotness!)
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2007, 09:22:57 pm »
FYI Jaga Jazzist is the crown jewel of Ninjatune.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2007, 11:13:13 am »
.... post-camp bisco update:

SO GLAD i got to see GIRL TALK. i had downl\'d some of his stuff prior to camp, wasn\'t incredibly impressed (Night Ripper is OK)... but the live show was off the hook... SO FUN! going to probably check him out in Boston next month....

.... also, amon tobin did not disappoint, the set was pretty dark, and a rainstorm was kicking in, so the darkness/cold wind really added to the atmosphere of the set. overall i was pretty impressed!

.... shpongle setbreak=mmmmmmm delicious. you all know how i feel about mr. posford.

bustle in your hedgerow was pretty cool as well. wasn\'t really lookin forward to it but it was a really fun set. Dave Dreiwitz (sp?) from WEEN was representing as well, couldn\'t help but yell "REGGAEJUNKIEJEW" a couple of times. . . .

overall i was really satisfied with the amount of music i was able to see. being camped ~2 minutes from the side stage helped as well. god i love ILCC!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2007, 12:35:16 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;155993
.... post-camp bisco update:

SO GLAD i got to see GIRL TALK. i had downl\'d some of his stuff prior to camp, wasn\'t incredibly impressed (Night Ripper is OK)... but the live show was off the hook... SO FUN! going to probably check him out in Boston next month....

that show is going to be titty bombs...hopefully i can be one of the sexy on-stage dancers at this show

.... also, amon tobin did not disappoint, the set was pretty dark, and a rainstorm was kicking in, so the darkness/cold wind really added to the atmosphere of the set. overall i was pretty impressed!!

incredible set...i\'m so glad i got into one of his albums before camp because i definitely recognized one of the songs and at the time it was mindblowing...the weather was perfect and the fact that just about everybody was at hallucinogen in dub made this one of my favorite acts of the weekend

.... shpongle setbreak=mmmmmmm delicious. you all know how i feel about mr. posford.

a lot of people complained that it was the same set as last year..
a) no it wasn\'t...he definitely played some younger brother stuff
b) you only see him once a year so who gives a fuck what he plays
c) it\'s so fun when he plays who cares what songs they are

bustle in your hedgerow was pretty cool as well. wasn\'t really lookin forward to it but it was a really fun set. Dave Dreiwitz (sp?) from WEEN was representing as well, couldn\'t help but yell "REGGAEJUNKIEJEW" a couple of times. . . .

i wasn\'t there so it couldn\'t have been that good;)

also

i was pleasantly surprised by umphrey\'s mcgee set.  i only saw them once before (CBIV) and it was a little disappointing except for "making flippy floppy" (which i didn\'t know was a cover at the time), but they played a good set.  i\'ll probably check the set out again some time and if it grabs me i may give them another shot

infected ******** played a great set. i only know one of their albums (i\'m the supervisor), but they played a couple songs i knew so i was pumped about that.  i\'m not sure what was fueling me at that point, but their trance is exactly what i needed

both sts9 were awesome...i think i may have enjoyed the PA set more than the real set...i was really getting down to all the hip hop sample stuff they had

orchard lounge\'s "evil" set was probably the biggest momentum killer of the weekend but it had a theme and stuck to it...they definitely conveyed the scary vibe.  the "kubrick" set was probably my favorite OL set as far as music goes.  the "sexy" set was not as sexy as i was hoping

the juan maclean (featuring the bald guy from infected ********) was aweome although a lot of people were weirded out by it or thought it was too quiet for a late night set.  i agree that the volume was too low, but i wasn\'t surprised by the set as i listened to last years set and their cd a bunch in the last year...definitely weird, but a lot of fun

daft rock was a ton of fun, especially if you knew the daft punk songs they were playing...the astronauts smelled pretty bad apparently, but the lead singer was having more fun than anybody else in the crowd and it really helped the vibe

the join featuring tom hamilton and clay from brothers past was good.  i actually enjoyed it more than the show from nyc, and i wish i had seen them play for more than 20 minutes

overall i was really satisfied with the amount of music i was able to see. being camped ~2 minutes from the side stage helped as well. god i love ILCC!

ditto.  sorry for the huge review...i saw a lot of music last weekend

oh and the biscuits rocked it
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2007, 01:33:11 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;156014

i was pleasantly surprised by umphrey\'s mcgee set.  i only saw them once before (CBIV) and it was a little disappointing except for "making flippy floppy" (which i didn\'t know was a cover at the time), but they played a good set.  i\'ll probably check the set out again some time and if it grabs me i may give them another shot

infected ******** played a great set. i only know one of their albums (i\'m the supervisor), but they played a couple songs i knew so i was pumped about that.  i\'m not sure what was fueling me at that point, but their trance is exactly what i needed

both sts9 were awesome...i think i may have enjoyed the PA set more than the real set...i was really getting down to all the hip hop sample stuff they had

a few bands i left out indeed.

wasn\'t a huge Umphrey\'s fan going into the festival; in fact, i failed to see exactly what people went so nuts over. but they brought it to Camp and played a really awesome set. definitely enjoyed them.

infected ******** was pretty cool as well... very industrial-metal sounding at times though... i think i enjoyed their instrumental pieces more than anything with vocals.

i know people aren\'t nuts about STS9 around these parts, but dancin with my crew & tpalms during their set was fun fun fun. . . .

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2007, 03:19:20 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;156014

i was pleasantly surprised by umphrey\'s mcgee set.  i only saw them once before (CBIV) and it was a little disappointing except for "making flippy floppy" (which i didn\'t know was a cover at the time),

awesome freakin tune, so fun to dance to!