Author Topic: who ELSE are you going to see at camp bisco?  (Read 5241 times)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
who ELSE are you going to see at camp bisco?
« on: August 06, 2007, 12:52:07 pm »
ok everybody who\'s going to camp is obviously going to catch the breakfast set (if they can wake up at the crack of 2 pm)...but who else are you excited to see? is there anybody that has always wanted to see the biscuits but never has?

my top 5 (non-breakfast) acts at camp:

1. the bays - more than any band there (including breakfast and biscuits), i am excited to see the bays...this late night act will display some of the sickest improvisational electronic music you will ever see (confirmed)...it\'s their first trip ever to the US, and i\'m sure they\'re going to bring it

2. the discooooo biscuits - six biscuits sets at a festival could only be done over a three night span...three sets/night for two straight nights would literally kill many, many people...their camp sets are usually some of the tightest and most creative music they play all year...even if you\'re only going for the breakfast, try to catch a night with the biscuits as well

3. shpongle - though the live act doesn\'t change too much from show to show, simon posford is still something to behold, especially if you\'ve never seen him before...his music (a combination of trance, world beats, druggy samples, and acoustic guitar) will hit you in spots you didn\'t even know you had

4. sound tribe sector 9 - i\'ve seen them twice recently (in philly for jam on the river weekend), and it was a real eye opener. they may not peak like the biscuits (or breakfast) and they don\'t jam as long, but when they\'re playing, you\'re moving...this is some ser sexy music to see live...psychedelics or not.  they\'re playing two nights so they get some extra points...one live band set and one live PA set...i\'ve only seen the live band act, but i\'ve heard the live PA is even better

5. girl talk - i don\'t especially like this band (or guy...i\'m not really sure) that much, but i\'m very interested to see how it turns out in a live setting.  plus my friend pete will surely be there and he\'ll be all sorts of fucked up while he\'s spouting about philosophy, history and whatever sample girl talk is spinning

what\'s everybody else looking forward to???
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 12:59:38 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;154296

5. girl talk - i don\'t especially like this band (or guy...i\'m not really sure) that much, but i\'m very interested to see how it turns out in a live setting.  plus my friend pete will surely be there and he\'ll be all sorts of fucked up while he\'s spouting about philosophy, history and whatever sample girl talk is spinning

Greg is sick live if your just looking to dance and party your ass off.

His first two albums are pretty much shit but Night Ripper is dope and thats more along the lines of what his shows are like. Minimal glitch and static crap and lots of good old fashioned party music.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 01:05:29 pm »
I\'m going to sell drugs to minors.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 01:20:53 pm »
1. Steely Dan - I heard there is going to be a B\'fast/Steely Dan collab at Camp.  Best "Life\'s Been Good" ever...

2. Carrie Underwood - Performing on the Country Stage.  She is so hot and I need my American Idol Fix.  Hopefully she will sign my balls.  (I hope she understands the penis showing game)

3. Dave Matthews Band - This festival really needs a band that can show all the other acts how to jam it out.  Plus we need some band to get all the 16 and 17 year old hotties out to Camp!  Waiting on a ser Ants Marching or What Would You Say.

4. The Reckoning - Not many people know about this Dead/Phish/Floyd/etc... cover band, but I will tell you this:  I went to a show back in 2003 and I am still on their mailing list to this day (despite multiple requests to be taken off).  That is dedication for you.

5. Biscuits, Indobox, STS9, the Bays, SLICK RICK!
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 01:23:25 pm »
Yeah, um, "Life\'s Been Good" is by Joe Walsh. Don\'t fuck with SD.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 06:22:28 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;154303
1. Steely Dan - I heard there is going to be a B\'fast/Steely Dan collab at Camp.  Best "Life\'s Been Good" ever...

that actually would be awesome...and i\'m pretty sure walsh would blast off into orbit if it was announced

2. Carrie Underwood - Performing on the Country Stage.  She is so hot and I need my American Idol Fix.  Hopefully she will sign my balls.  (I hope she understands the penis showing game)

don\'t forget to say hi to tony romo for me

3. Dave Matthews Band - This festival really needs a band that can show all the other acts how to jam it out.  Plus we need some band to get all the 16 and 17 year old hotties out to Camp!  Waiting on a ser Ants Marching or What Would You Say.

what the 15 year old bisco chicks aren\'t enough for you???

4. The Reckoning - Not many people know about this Dead/Phish/Floyd/etc... cover band, but I will tell you this:  I went to a show back in 2003 and I am still on their mailing list to this day (despite multiple requests to be taken off).  That is dedication for you.

the words "please fucking stop sending me emails" are not in charlie@thereckoning\'s vocabulary
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

NickNels

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 06:29:36 pm »
what the 15 year old bisco chicks aren\'t enough for you???

No...They are not custie enough for me.

peaches626

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 07:18:57 pm »
creeps....

anyhoo, i\'ve seen the biscuits twice, had a little fun once, had a lotta fun the second time, still waiting to get my mind blown, so i am quite excited to get the full dose.

never seen sts9, always heard pretty good things

and other than that, i\'ve got an open ear to just about all the other acts, becaues i haven\'t even heard of most of them....
i think i\'ll def be checkin out some slick rick. and face says lyrics born is the illshit so im gonna see him too.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 07:52:17 pm »
Camp Bisco is gonna be a great time, I suggest going and don\'t be a gaf/taint like I and work that weekend. Sad, really.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 09:45:55 pm »
Once afuckinggain "Life\'s Been Good" is by Joe Walsh, NOT Steely Dan.

NickNels

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 11:15:38 pm »
Easy there Chica, nobody likes a know it all...I think if it is bothering you that much you might be spending a little too much time on the message boards.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 11:16:10 pm »
I saw STS9 open a few weeks ago - pretty lame, repetitive stuff.  The most exciting part of all their songs is the first 10 seconds.  After that, the rest of music is underwhelming regurgitation of the first 10 seconds.  

Given some of the other touring bands who achieve an electronic sound, I\'m not sure why they carry as much hype as they do.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 11:51:08 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;154378
Easy there Chica, nobody likes a know it all...I think if it is bothering you that much you might be spending a little too much time on the message boards.

User CP > Miscellaneous > Buddy/Ignore Lists > Ignore List > Add New User to List > "TreyChica" > Save List

Quote from: peaches626
anyhoo, i\'ve seen the biscuits twice, had a little fun once, had a lotta fun the second time, still waiting to get my mind blown, so i am quite excited to get the full dose.

never seen sts9, always heard pretty good things

i didnt get too much into the biscuits until after i knew enough songs to know what was happening at shows. i\'ve definitely had more than a few of those defining "moments" with the biscuits in the last few years. it\'s a special thing, it\'s only happened with a select few bands (ween, breakfast, phish, pearl jam)!

as far as STS9 goes, well, I don\'t know much of their music but I saw them back in may at Jam on the River (conspirator opened!!!) and the show was outta control. it was really fun to dance to, which doesn\'t always do it for people. this isn\'t the festival to hit if you\'re not a fan of electronic music, methinks.
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 12:00:27 am »
Joe Walsh is rolling in his grave right now.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 12:03:27 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;154383
Joe Walsh is rolling in his grave right now.

:lol: im sure he would be if he were dead... he\'s probably just angrily posting a message board somewhere. . . . ;)
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?