Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-03-30 - Little Brother\'s; Columbus, OH  (Read 5323 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Setlist: 2005-03-30 - Little Brother\'s; Columbus, OH
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2005, 02:37:11 am »
hey guys, i just got back from ohio. last nights show was reeeeaal interesting. me and my buddy were like 2 of 12 people there, but anyways it was still sick.

met tim and adrian before the show, adrian was bummin about the turnout and tim was real appreciative that we came 7 hours from chi-town to see them. he asked if i had a request, and it being my first show i asked for a mooboo\'s, as you can see he obliged.

Cut Me Some Slack was on fire! they seemed to start loosening up at this point and forgot for awhile about the shit crowd situation. it was great to hear a sleeping beauty, one of the RR tunes i was hoping for and it was solid (probly wouldve been sicker if it had a jam>SB, but shit it was nice). from there on the show had great energy, esp. the Message in a Bottle. then, tim gave a shout out to the kids from chicago and dropped a ridiculous mooboo\'s>doughboy>mooboo\'s>in the flesh. *note for setlist, mooboo\'s went into flesh.  id have to say doughboy was the peak of the night on stage, they were all reacting so well and jordan smiled through most of it, it was just an assault of adrenaline!  then the mooboo\'s outro was possibly the sickest jam ive ever heard live. they had my bones trembling at moments, just perfect!!

i definitely felt for em though, the place was cool as hell, it was a nice night, and there was just noone there. 3 peeps were standing in front of ron-- all shoulder to shoulder not moving. everyone else found a seat somewhere near the back of the dancefloor. didnt let em get in the way though, they had my buddy and i doing rounds on that fucking EMPTY dancefloor! hope they noticed our appreciation of the music, unbelievably tight and really nothing to complain about at any point.

after the show we smoked a bit with chris (Me! > nice to meet ya dude!), tim, and some crackhead who was trying to suck my friends cock for money. honestly. but overall it was one hell of a night for me at least, they were on like i knew theyd be despite the lack of support from Columbus. now just looking forward to lafayette>chicago>michigan.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

jason-a

• drums rule
    • http://tribedescribe.com
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2005, 03:15:23 am »
Gordo thanks for the details. I was so excited for you to see your first show. Great choice with the mooboo\'s one of my favorites.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2005, 07:32:24 am »
Quote from: Gordo
me and my buddy were like 2 of 12 people there, but anyways it was still sick.

i definitely felt for em though, the place was cool as hell, it was a nice night, and there was just noone there.

:(

saw that one coming though.. guess that\'s what happens when panic is in town..

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2005, 08:48:48 am »
Gordo,

Glad that you had a good time. That is all that matters. Atleast you got a personalized Mooboo\'s. BTW, thats a great ride you took from Chicago, no one else has an excuse for not going to the show, thos who live out there i mean.

Nice Review too.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2005, 10:18:48 am »
Quote from: davepeck
me and my buddy were like 2 of 12 people there, but anyways it was still sick.

i definitely felt for em though, the place was cool as hell, it was a nice night, and there was just noone there.

:(

saw that one coming though.. guess that\'s what happens when panic is in town..

yikes... I guess I knew they were both playing, but didn\'t put 2 & 2 together to realize they were in the same town.  They are going to be crossing paths with panic when they are down south as well... hope that doesn\'t create a doozy factor........
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2005, 12:51:25 pm »
yeah, i guess it just being a wednesday night in columbus hurt too. i dont know, do they normally get a good crowd to show up in OH?  also, when the hell was the cleveland show added?!?!?!?!?!  i wouldve taken off of work today too and stayed last night for the show but i wouldve been jobless upon my return if i just winged it last night. i looked on the calendar daily to see if there were any updates on the little brothers show, NEVER saw a show on the 31st in cleveland. definitely bummed about that, i checked out the rock &roll hall of fame yesterday too so i was already in town, but basically it was either trying to drive home within 6 hours in time for work immediately after the show -- and ive had tendencies to doze behind the wheel, so i guess i went pro life.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2005, 12:57:52 pm »
also, when the hell was the cleveland show added?!?!?!?!?!  

don\'t even get me started..

i don\'t know when it was added, but i can tell you that i didn\'t add it here till wednesday night (that was the first i heard about it). it was on .org, but i don\'t know when it went up there. as of 3/15, it was NOT up there..

this certainly doesn\'t help get people to shows (only 10-15 in attendance last night).. last night was taped though, so i guess that\'s good..

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2005, 01:08:30 pm »
interesting, yeah thats a shame i didnt know about it ahead of time, definitely wouldve been in attendance. and i agree how are you supposed to get people to a show if noone knows about it?

you got a setlist yet dave?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2005, 01:33:17 pm »
haven\'t got the call yet.. tim\'s no good at this. ;)

looks like this show was recorded as well.. that\'s good..

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2005, 03:12:09 am »
nooo shit, this show was recorded?! if you remember please let me know how i can get it, its a must for my collection. a must dave!  ;)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2005, 07:05:48 pm »
by the way, while gathering my thoughts about this show, the GBFBITS jam was hot! Phaddy came outta nowhere, perfect seg, and Timmy went "Rastafari" styly for the intro talk. we actually yelled \'ya mon\' back and forth numerous times post Phaddy.