Forum Feedback & Support > The Feedback Monster

activate account

<< < (2/3) > >>

bezerker:
seriously this place sucks enough without new people getting in here and brnging us all down some more !!   :no:

Mamalakabubadaya:
this is absolute bullshit.

Gfunk:
PM = sent. Anyone know why it is setup this way? It def wasn\'t when I first signed up but I think it has been for a while now cause another friend of mine was sorry chipped a couple years back when I told him to sign up. Seems like we would want to make it easy for n00bs to sign up. I\'m pretty sure dot info is not FULL, jes sayin.

simpletwistupdon:
Does Dave have it set up so that he is the one and only person to approve new peeps for the board?  On another board I\'m on, the admin can appoint moderators to fufill that duty as well.

kindm's:

--- Quote from: Gfunk;255134 ---PM = sent. Anyone know why it is setup this way? It def wasn\'t when I first signed up but I think it has been for a while now cause another friend of mine was sorry chipped a couple years back when I told him to sign up. Seems like we would want to make it easy for n00bs to sign up. I\'m pretty sure dot info is not FULL, jes sayin.
--- End quote ---

My understanding was this was implemented due to the spam bots that create bullshit accounts on message boards like these. Dave set it up to reduce the amount of bogus posts and spam the board was getting.

It wasn\'t an issue as Dave was always on point. I just checked the admin portal (I have access) but I am not sure where the approval process is. I did a search for the username in the original post and it appears that the account is now a registered account. So it seems that Dave gave them the ok.

If Dave wants me to do it going forward I would be more than happy to do so. I am usually in front of a computer anyway.

And to all the grumblers, no one is stopping you from setting up your own forum to administer the way you see fit. just be happy Dave or myself haven\'t pulled it down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version